The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by malvika111
Thank you :smile: Yeah, it was. Someone asked me about my grades earlier in the thread, but my GCSEs were 9A*s and 2As, and my AS grades were 4 As (with an extra A in Unit One of Critical Thinking). My predicted grades are 3A*s and and an A in AS Crit Thinking. Good luck with LSE! :thumbsup:

By the way, does anyone know how to log-in to Hallpad to start filling out the accommodation application form? It says type in your 9-digit UCAS number or LSE number... but my UCAS number is 10 digits and I have no idea what an LSE number is!

On reading the booklet... "Starting in February 2012 visit the accommodation website". Maybe they haven't updated it for this year yet. Were UCAS ID numbers 9 digits last year?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by funnie
hey does anyone know if LSE interviews international students?? for math with ecnomics?

they don't :cool:
Original post by Asian7
For those who got accepted for ACcounting and finance, what are your gcse grades and a levels predicted?

Need AAA to because 75% are there in 2011. Those not AAA because they are taking IB. In fact, you could find in their wed page.
Thank you :smile: Yeah, it was. Someone asked me about my grades earlier in the thread, but my GCSEs were 9A*s and 2As, and my AS grades were 4 As (with an extra A in Unit One of Critical Thinking). My predicted grades are 3A*s and and an A in AS Crit Thinking. Good luck with LSE! :thumbsup:

By the way, does anyone know how to log-in to Hallpad to start filling out the accommodation application form? It says type in your 9-digit UCAS number or LSE number... but my UCAS number is 10 digits and I have no idea what an LSE number is!

Hey, well done on your offer. Which halls are you applying for? I think I'm going for Rosebery, they're meant to be the best!
Original post by ihategeography
is it possible to get into lse for economics with A*A*AA prediction but really bad gcse's and a strong personal statement?

NO. Because LSE will give you conditional offer and you need to ensure you get similar in GCSE to get pass.
Original post by letmewin94
LSE Economics, Economics and Economics History

GCSE 12A*, (A in FSMQ Maths)(plus 2A* in RE shortcourse and Electronics)
AS-Level
Economics 100 average
History 99 average
A-Level maths 588/600 (C3 100/100 C4 99/100) so A* :cool:
Physics 271/300
Critical thinking 182/200 pointless subject.

What do people think about applying to two courses at LSE. My Personal statement is tailored towards Economic History. I have sent my application off, this week.I'm also applying to Cambridge, UCL and St. Andrews for pure economics.

If your scores are true, you will get them all. The only big problem you face is that what school you want to go. And you have no reasons not to try Columbia, Harvard and Yale.
Original post by prospectiveoxonian
Has anyone ever heard of someone getting an offer after being asked to sit the LSE Entrance Exam (for international applicants)? Also, by when do they ask applicants to sit the Entrance test? I am beginning to get worried...

No such thing. Because they have too many top applicants.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by stephenchanhk
No such thing. Because they have too many top applicants.

If they had no chance whatsoever, then why would LSE have them sit the exam?
Reply 1788
Original post by Victor-PP
If they had no chance whatsoever, then why would LSE have them sit the exam?

i think the exam are for people that do foreign qualifications - so LSE might think that they are good candidates but they want to make sure
Original post by scholarlymanner
Hey, well done on your offer. Which halls are you applying for? I think I'm going for Rosebery, they're meant to be the best!

Thanks! Have you got an offer too? :smile: Yeah, I really like the look of Rosebery, but I think I'll put it down as my second choice. I think I'm going to go for Passfield. It's in a lovely area, I only want a 30 week contract, and I don't mind sharing... especially as the shared rooms are supposed to be huge!
Are there any londoners out there who, if they receive an offer from LSE/have received one, are thinking of living at home and commuting?

If I get an offer from the LSE, I'm seriously considering staying at home (I live in north-east London) as the accommodation looks really pricey (and I'd get last pick anyway, as londoners are given accommodation last). So the likelihood is that I'd be placed at halls that aren't within walking to distance to the LSE (so I'd have to get the train, which I'd be doing if I was at home anyway!)
Original post by alexsasg
Are there any londoners out there who, if they receive an offer from LSE/have received one, are thinking of living at home and commuting?

If I get an offer from the LSE, I'm seriously considering staying at home (I live in north-east London) as the accommodation looks really pricey (and I'd get last pick anyway, as londoners are given accommodation last). So the likelihood is that I'd be placed at halls that aren't within walking to distance to the LSE (so I'd have to get the train, which I'd be doing if I was at home anyway!)

I don't live in London, but my father and brother live there because they work there. I think I'm going to definitely live in halls for my first-year because I want the full university experience, but after that... I think I might consider living with them. By my second year, I would've (hopefully) made friends and settled in... I don't think I'd need to stay in halls.
Reply 1792
Does anyone know if anybody has heard yet for philosophy and Econ?

I don't live in London, but my father and brother live there because they work there. I think I'm going to definitely live in halls for my first-year because I want the full university experience, but after that... I think I might consider living with them. By my second year, I would've (hopefully) made friends and settled in... I don't think I'd need to stay in halls.

That makes sense. I'd like to have the whole uni experience too but I think I'm just gonna have to wait and see if I even get an offer first! :P
That makes sense. I'd like to have the whole uni experience too but I think I'm just gonna have to wait and see if I even get an offer first! :P

If I do go to LSE I'll halls it for first year and then live out (at home or otherwise) for the rest of my course. Especially in third year when you don't really go in as much!

I wonder how many LSEers choose to live out from the start :/
Original post by joshgoldman
Just taken a look on hallpad now. It's definitely messed up about 9-digit UCAS numbers... Your LSE number is on the top of the letter you receive in the offer pack.

My LSE number's not working either... maybe you can't log in until February. :confused: Or maybe I can't log in until I 'firm' LSE on UCAS. I haven't done that yet because generally, teachers at my school want to run through all your offers with you before you decide.
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm from north London, definitely going to go for hall first year. Only get to do it once after all!
(edited 12 years ago)

I am one, and I will be doing that if I get an offer from LSE. Halls are way too expensive! Even though it can be fun, I don't want to pay so much for it.
Original post by neverloggedin

Original post by neverloggedin
I am one, and I will be doing that if I get an offer from LSE. Halls are way too expensive! Even though it can be fun, I don't want to pay so much for it.

Yeah, they really are! Phew, glad I'm not the only one that might be living at home then. I just hope that if I do get an offer and go to LSE, it won't be terribly hard to make friends if I'm living at home. :s-smilie:
Any news for Msc Acc & Finance yet?

Been waiting for about 6 weeks. At least no rejection so far!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending