The Student Room Group

HYMS campus allocation 2011

This thread is for discussion about all things pre fresher related for those of us with offers from Hull York Medical School.

I'm off to Hull in September :smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hull for me too.

looking forward to a heavy freshers. With 3 years of uni experience behind me, im gonna go very VERY HARD! Get ready guys!
First time for me! Should be fun after a year out just working not stop for money :smile:.

What course areyou studying/did you study?
Reply 3
Biomed at KCL

You'll love it. Got a mate jus finishing first year at HYMS (hull) Said hes loved it!
Reply 4
still waiting anxiously for the post....... in weeks time i suppose till it travels all the way to cyprus!
Reply 5
I'm in Hull. Pity I won't make my offer :/
Reply 6
im sure you will dude
Original post by Rob16
I'm in Hull. Pity I won't make my offer :/

What makes you think that? :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
What makes you think that? :frown:

Didn't do well enough at all in an exam other day (didnt help being ill and getting like 3 hours sleep but hey) and for chemistry i have the most useless teacher imaginable (for how I learn at least) think the college-wide average in january was like an E or a U or something :/ And the exams are in a couple week, I'm pretty certain I won't be getting an A so unless HYMS are lenient with me I won't be going :frown:
Reply 9
Anyone else going to York here?
Reply 10
I'm off to Hull hopefully! :smile:. Has anyone heard what the best accomodation is for med students? I've heard some have longer contracts etc? Taylor court have the longest leases and they're £4699.89 for 2011-2012!!
Reply 11
Original post by JoshTait
I'm off to Hull hopefully! :smile:. Has anyone heard what the best accomodation is for med students? I've heard some have longer contracts etc? Taylor court have the longest leases and they're £4699.89 for 2011-2012!!

Personally I'm going for a student house, it's that or Taylor Court afaik and from what people there say Taylor Court isn't great... Student House ftw! Cheaper too :tongue:
Im going for the house for sure. Ive heard house's are alot more fun and of course cheaper
Reply 13
Good call. I first off thought that the halls would be good for meeting new people but I suppose if you're in a house with up to 10 others it's just like halls, but in a house and cheaper.
Yup. And the house are all bunched together so essential the street become like a hall. Ive got a mate there just finishing 1st year now. He lived in house and said it was epic. House parties, good location etc and you're always with atleast one other medic.

cant wait!
:cool: hull is the place to be.
Original post by Presidential
:cool: hull is the place to be.

Hell yea :biggrin: student houses?
Taylor court is usually allocated to international students, or those with physical disabilities who need to be on campus.
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Hell yea :biggrin: student houses?

For sure, some people are in taylor court but very few.
Reply 19
looks like student houses it is! looking forward to it!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending