The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know if you get staff discount at Next if you work at next clearance?
Anybody else have problems with knowing how to do the jobs written in the book every day? I never got told what they all mean or how to go about doing them... I've worked there for 6 months now and I know how to do some things by asking other sales assistants but I find myself always asking and I still feel like a newbie who doesn't know anything even though I've been there for so long.
Original post by Emmak7
Anybody else have problems with knowing how to do the jobs written in the book every day? I never got told what they all mean or how to go about doing them... I've worked there for 6 months now and I know how to do some things by asking other sales assistants but I find myself always asking and I still feel like a newbie who doesn't know anything even though I've been there for so long.

Don't be afraid to ask what the jobs are, I've been there the same amount of time and still have to ask questions! What sort of jobs is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6043
HI ALL, advice needed.

I have a dilemna, I applied for many roles at my local next stores, and accidently applied for hours I can't actually do, the only store which has offered me an assessment is the one I can't do! I would really love to work there though, it's a five minute walk from my house, and except for that one day, I am very flexible. Would you recommend I let them know on assessment? Or wait until I possibly get the role then say I've had a change of time table??

Please reply asap x
hi I was wondering if someone who works at next could help me?
i am a newbie at next and have been working here for bout a month. When I joined it said on my contract it would end on April 26th even though this wasnt a temporary position. They said this was what every employee has when they first join and it's basically like a performance review?
Anyway I was sorting through my NEP availability times and was working through the May section (late May) and it wouldn't let me change my availability? It kept saying I am no longer contracted to work these days.
Have I lost my job?! Please help!!!
Anyone know what the notice period is?
Depends on how long you've been working there. Probably about 4 weeks
Hi guys, I've been invited to an induction next week. I was wondering what's the pay like for over 18s?
Original post by amanunu
Hi guys, I've been invited to an induction next week. I was wondering what's the pay like for over 18s?

You start at £5.84 per hour and move up as you complete training quizzes. The maximum wage for a grade nine position eg a sales assistant is £6.70 per hour after training 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Glitter12
Anyone know what the notice period is?

If you've worked there more than three months it is 4 weeks notice. It's in the employee handbook 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, but I'm on a temp contract which might end in september. Do you reckon I will finish my training by then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amanunu
Thanks, but I'm on a temp contract which might end in september. Do you reckon I will finish my training by then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it only goes up after you've completed all your training and been there a year! But you usually complete your training between 6-12 months usually.
Original post by TheGalwayGirl
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like some of the songs next play! Does anyone know the song that has the line, I don't wanna be your enemies enemy... turn the lights out and take me home?

It's called 10 o clock by Little Green Cars (managed to shazam when I was on the shopfloor on my break and it came on!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQBGBb7twQ
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by james20207
It's called 10 o clock by Little Green Cars (managed to shazam when I was on the shopfloor on my break and it came on!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQBGBb7twQ

Thanks! I have no idea why I couldn't find it through googling the lyrics
Hey guys, I'm 17 and I've currently been working for Next for just over 6 months! I'm currently Assisstant Head Team Coach and part of the managemen team so if any of you need help with anything at all the all you have to is ask and i'll try my best to answer! Thank you.
Guys so a sales consultant job is available at a local next store, and i hoping someone could fill me in on what the role includes? Thanks
17 and already part of the management team, well done!!!! How did you get there? Have you been with next for long?
Original post by amanunu
17 and already part of the management team, well done!!!! How did you get there? Have you been with next for long?

Only been there for 6 months or so! I became a Team Coach within fivemonths and then grew quickly to Assisstant Head Team Coach! I just picked up additional shifts when i could (still in school so difficult) and just did the best that i could whilst in work! I also found that having a good relationship with everyone has also helped develop my role!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6058
Hi, do you know how I can order a badge from the NEP? As I have lost my first and second badge.

Many thanks
Original post by Maddass911
Guys so a sales consultant job is available at a local next store, and i hoping someone could fill me in on what the role includes? Thanks

Sales consultant is just your average next employee, the role includes various activities such as working with customers, using the tills ect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending