The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by dujaanah
One of the top ten cities in the world to visit apparently, the only thing I'm worried about is the city's likeness to London...

Yeah, as a Londoner, me too
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41

One of the top ten cities in the world to visit apparently, the only thing I'm worried about is the city's likeness to London...

True, true. That's a fair point, that's for sure. But then, in a way, it will of course have its own sense of identity precisely because it isn't London.

London is massive. Bristol will be nothing like it.
Reply 43
got an offer for law!
On a gap year now :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by volante
got an offer for law!
On a gap year now :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:

As a Londoner studying in Bristol, I'd say it's very different...but in a good way (:
I'm applying for Zoology.

I live in Bristol now and it is NOTHING like London, much more chilled out and a lot smaller.

I'll be 25 when applying, 26 when attending (hopefully).. and trying to get in on a National Diploma in Animal Management (predicted grades D*D*D*). It'll be tough but I have plenty of Ecology/relevant research work experience. So fingers crossed! It's a great city! It'd be cool to talk to any other Zoology applicants or mature applicants!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 47
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
I'm applying for Zoology.

I live in Bristol now and it is NOTHING like London, much more chilled out and a lot smaller.

I'll be 25 when applying, 26 when attending (hopefully).. and trying to get in on a National Diploma in Animal Management (predicted grades D*D*D*). It'll be tough but I have plenty of Ecology/relevant research work experience. So fingers crossed! It's a great city! It'd be cool to talk to any other Zoology applicants or mature applicants!

Good luck everyone!

Welcome :hello: and good luck to you too!
Think I'll be applying. Definitely applying to Warwick and UCL, need to choose 3 more. I've booked the open day.

Oh, and for history.
Reply 49
Original post by Random-scribbles
Think I'll be applying. Definitely applying to Warwick and UCL, need to choose 3 more. I've booked the open day.

Oh, and for history.

:hello:
Probably applying for Physics and Philosophy. I visited Bristol briefly this spring, and it seemed like a great place. I was quite impressed by the physics building -- also the law building, but shhh.

Where else are people going to apply?
Reply 51
Original post by chalcanthite
Probably applying for Physics and Philosophy. I visited Bristol briefly this spring, and it seemed like a great place. I was quite impressed by the physics building -- also the law building, but shhh.

Where else are people going to apply?

Physics and Philosophy seems like a brilliant course. If only I had the mental capacity :laugh:
I'm applying for Economics with Study in Continental Europe :cool:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Physics and Philosophy seems like a brilliant course. If only I had the mental capacity :laugh:
I'm applying for Economics with Study in Continental Europe :cool:

Oooh, where are you planning to go for your year abroad?
Reply 53
Oooh, where are you planning to go for your year abroad?

Germany :woo: :biggrin:
Oh, nice. I live in Switzerland, just across the border from Germany. :smile:
Reply 55
Oh, nice. I live in Switzerland, just across the border from Germany. :smile:

Oh nice, Geneva is beautiful :love: but so overpriced :hmmm:

Swiss chocolate :coma:
Hey :biggrin: I'm hoping to get into A104 Foundation in Medicine in 2012. I love Bristol, and I've been there (the town not the University) before and really liked it :biggrin:
Hoping to apply for BA Archaeology and Anthropology. Just trying to make a final decision on the which universities to apply to, but I think Bristol is one of my favourites so it will probably go down on UCAS soon.
Hi, I'm applying for French and Italian :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by 98SkinnyLatte
Hey :biggrin: I'm hoping to get into A104 Foundation in Medicine in 2012. I love Bristol, and I've been there (the town not the University) before and really liked it :biggrin:

Original post by AquilaXenon
Hoping to apply for BA Archaeology and Anthropology. Just trying to make a final decision on the which universities to apply to, but I think Bristol is one of my favourites so it will probably go down on UCAS soon.

Original post by greengables
Hi, I'm applying for French and Italian :smile:

Welcome everyone :hi:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending