The Student Room Group

Where/how will you open your results?

In front of friends? With parents? Ripped open the moment you get them? Read one by one?

I know I'll need a completely secluded setting as I just won't have the heart to disguise the inevitable disappointment and 'FML' moment I will experience...

Scroll to see replies

i got to my GCSE ones "late" on the day just incase, my English teacher said I'd done well for English just as she gave me my results.
Very Happy with the results too!
Now AS is a whole new ball game!
Crying in a corner. :tongue: My school is emailing them out so hopefully will get them at home before I have to collect the certificates.
Reply 3
I always plan to open mine by myself, but end up ripping it open with all my friends - so we tend to experience all of the emotion together :smile: Some of us did get upset last year, but we had each other at that moment for support, it was really nice. This year I'll be so nervous though :s-smilie: My school only opens at half 9, and I know some others open at 8. I'll be a nervous wreck all night!
Reply 4
I'm just gonna open them as soon as I get them, it wont make a difference.
Wait... Do teachers know the results before we get given them?!
Reply 6
Original post by hellomoto170
Wait... Do teachers know the results before we get given them?!

Yeah they sort through them on the 24th. To find out the statistics, how well their class did and that stuff.
Reply 7
I'm on a family holiday for the 18th. Way to go parents :rolleyes: I'm getting a friend to give me the results on the phone. Not ideal, but he's a genius so its not like he'll be annoyed if i get better results.
SQA sprung my text on me a day earlier than expected. Wow.
(edited 12 years ago)
i got to my GCSE ones "late" on the day just incase, my English teacher said I'd done well for English just as she gave me my results.
Very Happy with the results too!
Now AS is a whole new ball game!
I just got my results from SQA. I was on fb and I saw that people had started to receive results (even though they are supposed to come out tomorrow). I had a chocolate face mask on and I was sitting at my desk while I opened the text. I then jumped up and screamed my lungs out. My parents thought I had a massive spider in my room...
Reply 11
Original post by laughylolly
I just got my results from SQA. I was on fb and I saw that people had started to receive results (even though they are supposed to come out tomorrow). I had a chocolate face mask on and I was sitting at my desk while I opened the text. I then jumped up and screamed my lungs out. My parents thought I had a massive spider in my room...

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by Bluebell2525
Yeah they sort through them on the 24th. To find out the statistics, how well their class did and that stuff.

OH MY GOD really?! So potentially if you do really well, your teacher will be smiling at you the whole time as you walk into school to collect your results! That could be an indication as to how well I did, I'm gonna stare into my teachers eyes before opening. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by hellomoto170
I'm gonna stare into my teachers eyes before opening. :biggrin:

That could get awkward.. :P
Original post by Bluebell2525
That could get awkward.. :P

haha yes but I have this recurring day dream type thing where I walk in to the hall and my teachers look at me in a very dissapointed way. I then open my results to see an endless list of B's and C's. If my teachers are smiling I'll at least know that either:
A) they know I did well
B) they have no idea how well I did
C) they know I did bad but don't want to let me know until I open my results.

I've over thought this a lot haven't I? Nevermind!
Reply 15
I'm not really too fussed and so will probably open them in front of my friends, as soon as I get them. I think my mum wants to come but I'll make her sit in the car park :tongue:
I'll scuttle off to somewhere quiet in college and open them alone, and then I'll either return to the main room feeling smug or cry for an hour, go home, cry some more, and get drunk and throw myself under a train.
Probably in the boot of my Mums car... My mum drives a Punto.

Hopefully, I did enough to get into a decent uni.
Reply 18
I'm going to go into school and depending on if my friends are there, either open them in a corner with my boyfriend then chat to friends or open it at the same time as everyone else :smile: but I have to let my younger brother open his first, he's got module results (year 10) and I don't wanna make him feel bad if I open mine first and they're better :smile:
I`ll rip them open, waiting won`t change the results. Though if they are bad, I might not tell anyone them :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest