The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anybody who's applied for A104 (medicine with a foundation year) been offered an interview yet? :smile:
Reply 581
Original post by Lucy.s2011
Anybody who's applied for A104 (medicine with a foundation year) been offered an interview yet? :smile:

I haven't. You? :smile:
Original post by franynli
interview 1st march :smile:
international applicant though!

Grats, franynli!! Awesome job... glad to know international interviews are rolling out now... :smile: Good luck with your future endeavours!!
Reply 583
Original post by doctork2
Grats, franynli!! Awesome job... glad to know international interviews are rolling out now... :smile: Good luck with your future endeavours!!

thank you! you too!
i love that UEA are so efficient! no wonder they have 100% student satisfaction :biggrin:
and the best thing was i got the offer on my birthday! :biggrin:
It's tomorrow arrrrghhhh! Good luck everyone!
Reply 585
Original post by jessplease
What time is your interview on thurs? I've got mine then too! ahh! I don't have all my transcripts though, hope its not a problemm

I don't even know what it means by transcripts?? What do they want??
Original post by Chezzi
I don't even know what it means by transcripts?? What do they want??

I think transcripts they mean the letter you get that has a break down of your module marks and grades. I don't have my gcse one, but i think the main thing is the certificates
Reply 587
I think transcripts they mean the letter you get that has a break down of your module marks and grades. I don't have my gcse one, but i think the main thing is the certificates

Oh God. I don't know if I know where any of them are!
Original post by feverdream
Excellent, thank you so much!

I was just wondering, What are you wearing to the interview! Do you think black trousers that are a sort of jean material wouldn't be appropriate?
I was just wondering, What are you wearing to the interview! Do you think black trousers that are a sort of jean material wouldn't be appropriate?

I'm wearing a suit, but I may be slightly overdressed! I think as long as you look generally smart, you will be fine. Jeans material might not be the best style of trouser to wear but it's hard to tell without seeing them! If you have any other smart trousers or a skirt, I would go with that.
Original post by feverdream
I'm wearing a suit, but I may be slightly overdressed! I think as long as you look generally smart, you will be fine. Jeans material might not be the best style of trouser to wear but it's hard to tell without seeing them! If you have any other smart trousers or a skirt, I would go with that.

From past experience from the two interviews I attended last year they way you look is not actually uber important the only thing is that ( most probably) you will find that everyone else will be wearing suits (boys may wear a tie) so then if you decide to for something still formal but more casual and you get rejected you will always have in mind that it was because of your choice in clothes. However, I guess it can also make you stand out if you are the only one who is not wearing a suit!
Good luck everyone with an interview tomorrow! Hope it goes well for you.
Original post by Parle à ma main

I am scared haha
Original post by salad_fingers

I am scared haha

Awww :smile: It should be ok once you get into the swing of the interview and the fear of the unexpected isn't there any more, hopefully. It's crazy to think your interview will be well over and done with in just 24 hours!
Reply 594

Thank you :biggrin:

Had a mock interview today, it didn't go toooo badly, highlighted a couple of things I need to work on though :colondollar:

Strangely excited about it though :ninja:
Original post by Joseppea
Thank you :biggrin:

Had a mock interview today, it didn't go toooo badly, highlighted a couple of things I need to work on though :colondollar:

Strangely excited about it though :ninja:

If it's only a couple of things it'll be fine. :smile: My school's offered me a mock interview but I'm too scared haha, it'll be awkward, and how do you mock interview for an MMI? How did your school mock interview you?

You're right to be excited, you guys are the first to venture into the realms of 2012 UEA interviews :ninja:
Reply 596
If it's only a couple of things it'll be fine. :smile: My school's offered me a mock interview but I'm too scared haha, it'll be awkward, and how do you mock interview for an MMI? How did your school mock interview you?

You're right to be excited, you guys are the first to venture into the realms of 2012 UEA interviews :ninja:

We didn't do a mock MMI, just a normal one :tongue: but it was helpful nonetheless. They just got a couple of medical/biomedical students in to ask us questions under interview conditions and then discuss our performance afterwards. :biggrin: My sixth form's principal also offers one-to-one interviews but that'd be too terrifying I think :wink:
Original post by Joseppea
We didn't do a mock MMI, just a normal one :tongue: but it was helpful nonetheless. They just got a couple of medical/biomedical students in to ask us questions under interview conditions and then discuss our performance afterwards. :biggrin: My sixth form's principal also offers one-to-one interviews but that'd be too terrifying I think :wink:

I've got a couple of medic friends who said they'd mock interview me but I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. But you've given me an idea, I could ask them for a friend to mock interview me?

It's the mentors who do mocks in my school, and they're nice, but they'd totally forgotten who I even was even though I spent millions of hours in their office on PS when I told them about my UEA interview, which I was kind of gutted about. :p: Altho I guess that means they'll forget any the mock interview stuff so it's all good.

What kind of things did they say for performance feedback? Body language stuff?
Reply 598
I've got a couple of medic friends who said they'd mock interview me but I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. But you've given me an idea, I could ask them for a friend to mock interview me?

It's the mentors who do mocks in my school, and they're nice, but they'd totally forgotten who I even was even though I spent millions of hours in their office on PS when I told them about my UEA interview, which I was kind of gutted about. :p: Altho I guess that means they'll forget any the mock interview stuff so it's all good.

What kind of things did they say for performance feedback? Body language stuff?

Well they didn't say anything bad about body language etc. whereas they'd pick up on if you said something wrong scientifically and where it sounds like you lack knowledge. I would recommend getting some practice though, hopefully it'll help us get into UEA :biggrin:
Reply 599
Original post by franynli
interview 1st march :smile:
international applicant though!

So am I. It's good to see a fellow international applicant. Good luck to you!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending