The Student Room Group

What's the stupidest policy in your school?

Scroll to see replies

Google was blocked at my school for a couple of weeks... :confused:
Also, we're not allowed to wear any striped shirts... they have to be completely plain.
Apparently, we don't have free periods - they are called 'independent silent study periods' and we have to spend them working in silence in the sixth form centre...
Reply 721
Only allowed (as a sixth former) outside the school grounds at lunchtime, because if there was a fire alarm they wouldn't know where we were.

I went to town as I had 2.5 hours of free periods (and then 20 minute break after that) during lesson time and break time, and the fire alarm went off. Ended up getting internally suspended arguing that the rule was stupid because if the fire alarm went off at lunchtime they wouldn't know where we were apparently didn't help my case.
Reply 722
Saturday school.
Reply 723
TSR is blocked at my school.
Reply 724
At lunch, the lower school (Year 11 and below) have to go to the "supervised area" aka the cage which is a fenced off area on the field.
Reply 725
No leaving the school grounds, at all, except for (the equivalent of) upper sixth formers. Considering that my school is in a tiny, peaceful countryside village, I don't see why this is necessary.

My school also permits any amount of makeup, hair dye, piercings, or skimpy outfits, but is disproportionately strict regarding shoes: no boots, even in winter; nothing but the shortest heels; nothing but completely black. This is enforced rigidly, despite almost all other appearance rules only nominally existing at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending