The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

will the email/post be from UCAS or from the uni?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 581
Hey guys, i have to have applied by 9:00 tomorrow morning (due to teachers bustin my balls)

But im not sure about something.

When i sat my AS Levels i had a B in chemistry at AS in june 2010.
I resat This and made it an A in june 2011

Overall at A2 I have a grade A in chemistry, achieved in june 2011.

UCAS wants me to enter AS Levels and A levels, and this is where my problem comes in.

I resat an AS level chemistry module, increasing it from an D to an A. (overall increasing AS grade from B to A)

When entering my A2 level chemistry result, I put the A in for this module, as i achieved this. Overall was an A.

For the AS part, if I put in my unit grades with the A (To make the overall be an A at AS), ill have to say i got my AS grade A in chemistry in june 2011, and it would seem that I did the full A-Level in one year (and i did it in 2 years)

What should i do, please help.............. .......................

I dont want to use my lower score and say i got a B overall because in all honesty i did better than thatand got an A.
Original post by nikita_atikin
How did you get 2 rejections over 2 years?

Last year I got rejected on UCAS and this year I e-mailed asking of my chances and they strongly recommended me not applying as chances are I was going to end up with another rejection...
Original post by chaz1992
Last year I got rejected on UCAS and this year I e-mailed asking of my chances and they strongly recommended me not applying as chances are I was going to end up with another rejection...

aww sorry :frown: are you already at another uni or re-applying to other unis?
Original post by desy.kris
aww sorry :frown: are you already at another uni or re-applying to other unis?

I'm at Southampton so not all bad news. Just finished my lectures (well actually it was just a maths test) for today so i'm packing ready to go back home up in London :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by snow leopard
Snow Leopard here, applying for maths :biggrin:

Would you happen to know if Imperial interview math applicants too?

You are now on the list :thumbsup:

Imperial don't normally interview for maths. This is what they say:

"We do not interview the majority of applicants. People who can expect an interview are usually those who are below the standard age at entry level, some mature students or applicants who are not currently in an academic environment, and anyone we consider to be a special case."

Source: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathematics/admissions/ug/applications_and_offers
Reply 586
Original post by deejayy
By processing do they mean giving out offers and rejections?

Imperial has started giving decisions already? A poster got a decision from Imperial (in the applications and ucas sub thread)..
Original post by mpc1
Imperial has started giving decisions already? A poster got a decision from Imperial (in the applications and ucas sub thread)..

omg which one? for what course?
Reply 588
Original post by maemg
I phoned up imperial earlier on this week and they said that they were going to start processing the first batch of applications late this week or early next week :smile:

thank you so much for the info! I can't wait xD
Hey guys! You can add me in. I just sent off my UCAS application a few hours ago.
I applied to Cambridge and Imperial for Computer Science.

When do you guys think I will get a decision from Imperial?
Reply 591
Original post by Beth1234
Hello there!

If you want to be on "The List" quote this post with:
Username: [your username]
Subject: [the subject you're applying for]

hi

Username: kurovalte
Subject: Mechanical Engineering

sent UCAS 3 days ago :eek: , the wait begins...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 592
Original post by kurovalte
hi

Username: kurovalte
Subject: Mechanical Engineering

sent UCAS 3 days ago :eek: , the wait begins...

Added to list :thumbsup:

Best of luck with your application!
OK...Add me to the LIST too. :smile:

USERNAME: {Unregistered}
SUBJECT: Computer Science, Joint Maths and Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering...

I know 3 courses...:redface: but I am only applying to 2 universities so may as well just use the space + I really like Imperial. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 594
anyone know the interview dates for mechanical engineering??
Original post by Beth1234

Username: brighteyes1994
Course: medicine
Original post by {Unregistered}

SUBJECT: Computer Science, Joint Maths and Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering...

I know 3 courses...:redface: but I am only applying to 2 universities so may as well just use the space + I really like Imperial. :redface:

wow, same course here! do you know if we will be interviewed? :/
Reply 597
Original post by {Unregistered}

Original post by brighteyes1994
Username: brighteyes1994
Course: medicine

Done! :thumbsup:
Original post by desy.kris
wow, same course here! do you know if we will be interviewed? :/

LOL Do you mean you also applied to all 3 courses or just the CS one?

Well since both of us are international students(assuming you are from Indonesia), we will not be interviewed because Imperial does not interview international students AFAIK.

EDIT: NEVERMIND...just saw that you are applying for JMC.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 599
Original post by ben-smith
I've received two from Warwick but I think one of the is an error as the email contains 0 text.

Funny... I've just recieved a blank acknowledgement email from Warwick... :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending