The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyron3
I got an acknowledgement for G100 Mathematics yesterday at around 2 am. My application got processed on the 15th of October by the way.

are you an international applicant?

if so, the local applicants should not worry. I guess only int'l applicants get acknowledged...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Sorry, please may I ask, if you get invited for interview, is this invitations sent by post or email? thanks :smile:

I had a phonecall.
Original post by desy.kris

if so, the local applicants should not worry. I guess only int'l applicants get acknowledged...

I'm local, (only an hour from London) and I got an acknowledgement :/
Reply 1183
Original post by desy.kris

Nope, I'm a local applicant.
whoops never mind what I said then!

I just heard that people said Imperial didn't send out acknowledgements...then one day a few int'l applicants started to get them, so I assumed.......

sorry!
Reply 1185
Sorry, please may I ask, if you get invited for interview, is this invitations sent by post or email? thanks :smile:

I got a phone call, think it depends on the department :smile:
Reply 1186

Typing this reply on my cellphone so pardon any abrupt-soundingness :P
Mine was sent via post whilst I was away in Malaysia over half-term, so I got back in early November to receive an invite letter for late November. Missed the RSVP deadline because of being away...but clearly they weren't too fussed :smile:

Some departments may opt to send it via email or also via both methods though, so it depends.

EDIT// And yes, some phone you - which I think is cool :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh cool thanks :smile:
and yup :biggrin:
I got my acknowledgement email a few days ago, so I am hoping they shall reply soon D:
Good luck for your interview by the way! :biggrin: It shall be fine :smile:

My acknowledgement came about 5days after I was invited to an interview :tongue:

Thanks. I hope it'll be fine :s-smilie: Good luck to you too!
Hey guys, I got an interview for aero this coming november, did anyone else go through tihs procedure? Anything I should know about the interview and the maths test? I'm really unsure about how to prepare for the interview... please give me some tips!

Thanks!
Reply 1189
Anybody applying to the life sciences department hear anything back yet?
Reply 1190
Original post by maemg

I got an acknowledgement two days ago!
Or was that yesterday? Either or, too lazy to check
Original post by maemg

Yeah, I got an acknowledgement last night. Hopefully you'll get yours soon! :smile:
Reply 1192
Any chemical engineering people?
anyone received offer from imperial?
Original post by jamesjiang
anyone received offer from imperial?

Not so early no.

It's quite nice attending an interview actually because the difficulty aside, you get a feel for the place and maybe you might find that Imperial isn't for you at all. Plus it's such a good experience and you meet the same people at interviews at various other stages in your life (like at other interviews at universities or even in your own halls :tongue: ) so it's a nice experience anyway. You'll have to do job interviews at some point. Why not start now at the Imperial interview? Obviously, if it's too expensive for you to attend the interview or if travel is a difficulty then state that but otherwise I think you should go to the interview :smile:
Reply 1195
Original post by cantonicalls
Yeah, I got an acknowledgement last night. Hopefully you'll get yours soon! :smile:

Original post by ReBee
I got an acknowledgement two days ago!
Or was that yesterday? Either or, too lazy to check

I was emailing the admissions office about a few things (long story short I'm sending a separate PS) They said they received everything OK but it wasn't one of their official acknowledgements . Do you know if they interview for biology and biotechnology?
Reply 1196
Original post by maemg
I was emailing the admissions office about a few things (long story short I'm sending a separate PS) They said they received everything OK but it wasn't one of their official acknowledgements . Do you know if they interview for biology and biotechnology?

I don't think so. :tongue:
Original post by ShahzaibMuneeb
Hey guys, I got an interview for aero this coming november, did anyone else go through tihs procedure? Anything I should know about the interview and the maths test? I'm really unsure about how to prepare for the interview... please give me some tips!

Thanks!

Me too! Although, I really don't know how to prepare for the maths test - other than revising As level stuff... :confused:
OMG :frown: I envy :'( congratulations and good luck!!!
Original post by Beth1234
Cool cool :cool: You're the second person I've heard whose got an acknowledgement at 2am...

When was your application sent? :biggrin:

school sent mine off 8th october.

Latest

Trending

Trending