The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by alanl
Has anyone got an offer for computing yet??

I had my interview 2nd nov, nothing yet.

what did they ask you?
i have my JMC interview next week :frown: any tips?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1781
I have an interview for Physics on the 6th! happy but unbelievably nervous...
Original post by hs001370
what did they ask you?
i have my JMC interview next week :frown: any tips?

No interview discussion please with "what did they ask you?". It's not really fair on others, you'll be fine for JMC, just revise your maths course, a bit of C4, C3, get your lateral thinking brain and common sense with you too. Revise your PS hard and be ready to explain anything in your PS they might pick up on. Talk about yourself and what you've done and you will be fine. Don't fear the maths questions, they're designed in a way that you aren't supposed to know the answer to them. Just attempt them all and the interviewer (who is there to help you) will try and aid your thought process.
Good luck. :smile:

alanl
Has anyone got an offer for computing yet??

I had my interview 2nd nov, nothing yet.

2nd November, expect your offer this Wednesday coming up (i.e. 5 days).

Edit: I know people with 2nd October interviews who have got their offer today. Expect one either today or tomorrow :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1783
Original post by fruktas
I have got one :smile:

After the track update for the Imperial offer, did Imperial college directly send you an email also on the offer?
Reply 1784
Yes they did, a week or so later
Original post by ChemAddict
I think the guy who did my interview was David Hume or something like that, he fits your description, pretty nie guy though.

Yeah, it sucks. I only missed my offer by about 5 points. I'm reapplying to IC and UCL (the only two unis I was really set on going to). I'm also applying to Wawrick, Kings (Chemistry w. Biomedicine), and Queen Mary.

Out of interest, did you get around to reading any of the books I reccomended? Or did you watch the MiT lectures?

Cool, thanks, I'll try to find him later.

5 points?!?! That is really really ***********. Cool, have you sent it off yet?

Yeah I did, the books were ridiculously helpful when writing my PS and in all of my interviews! I watched the lectures up to the lecture where they got the Schroedinger equation, then skipped to a few lectures on thermodynamics, they were also very very helpful and gave me a better understanding of the topics! Once again, THANKS!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1786
Original post by fruktas
Yes they did, a week or so later

anything specific that they mention in their email that is not in track?
Reply 1787
How long on average doest it take to release an offer or denial after the interview. (dept. Materials)
Got an offer for Maths and Computer Science :smile: A*A*Aa

I had my interview on 9 November.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1789
Original post by eliotball

Heyy I have my offer for EEE on the 14th of december and although it is not the same course I was wondering if you could tell me how the interview went? what kind of questions and all that?

thanks so much in advance!
My application was processed on the 20th October, and I still haven't heard anything about an interview, for Chemistry btw, D: I'm worried now! Hopefully I shall hear soon, and I am currently going on the basis that no news is good news! :biggrin:
Original post by xch
Heyy I have my offer for EEE on the 14th of december and although it is not the same course I was wondering if you could tell me how the interview went? what kind of questions and all that?

thanks so much in advance!

It's been mentioned before that you shouldn't ask others to disclose their interview questions. It gives you an unfair advantage and defeats the purpose of an interview.
Original post by archie0705
Cool, thanks, I'll try to find him later.

5 points?!?! That is really really ***********. Cool, have you sent it off yet?

Yeah I did, the books were ridiculously helpful when writing my PS and in all of my interviews! I watched the lectures up to the lecture where they got the Schroedinger equation, then skipped to a few lectures on thermodynamics, they were also very very helpful and gave me a better understanding of the topics! Once again, THANKS!

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. Got my results slip and about 40 minutes of very fluent swearing followed :mad:

The books are a blast to read. I just got out a copy of Atkins Physical Chem about 6 weeks ago but I gotta say the lectures top it completely. The derivation she demonstrates is so simple and actually quite elegant, considering it gives you so much information when you solve it. :biggrin:

Yale do some good ones as well :colone:
Original post by ChemAddict
Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. Got my results slip and about 40 minutes of very fluent swearing followed :mad:

The books are a blast to read. I just got out a copy of Atkins Physical Chem about 6 weeks ago but I gotta say the lectures top it completely. The derivation she demonstrates is so simple and actually quite elegant, considering it gives you so much information when you solve it. :biggrin:

Yale do some good ones as well :colone:

Yeah, they really were enjoyable and interesting. Have fun reading that..isn't it like 1000 pages long? I guess I will end up buying it at some point, the fun awaits. Yeah, the lectures were brilliant, except her pronunciation of things like De Broglie and Schroedinger.

I will have to look up the Yale lectures tomorrow, which do you recommend, please?
Original post by eliotball

is the 'a' an as offer?
Anyone with maths and stats for finance offer? Please let me know, waiting is the worst thing ever!!!!!!
Reply 1796
Does anyone know if IMP give out rejections as they go along or will give them out all at once for biochem/biotech ? Thanks
Original post by iluvmaths
is the 'a' an as offer?

EPQ (so yes kind of)
Yeah, they really were enjoyable and interesting. Have fun reading that..isn't it like 1000 pages long? I guess I will end up buying it at some point, the fun awaits. Yeah, the lectures were brilliant, except her pronunciation of things like De Broglie and Schroedinger.

Yeah, the books pretty dense, but really interesting tbh; and yeah its pretty long - theres a lot of stuff I dont understand.

Yep, the accent is pretty cringey (this coming from a fellow american too... :cool: )

I will have to look up the Yale lectures tomorrow, which do you recommend, please?

Any of them really. There are some good ones about x-ray crystallography. Heres the link: http://oyc.yale.edu/chemistry/freshman-organic-chemistry/
Original post by Damienek4037
Anyone with maths and stats for finance offer? Please let me know, waiting is the worst thing ever!!!!!!

When did you send off your application?

Latest

Trending

Trending