The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by marc_h94
I'm withdrawing guys, so that's one extra place up for grabs. Good luck to all of you :smile:

Just saw ur signature, CONGRATS!! That is uh-amazing. :biggrin:
Are you withdrawing from everywhere else too?
Reply 1981
Original post by emmy1313
I used to think that international interviews begin mid jan but on the stalking page i saw hslakaal had his interview already as an international sometime early december? Perhaps it's an error but from his posts, it seemed like he did have his interview and is waiting for news. Idk, maybe I'm making a wrong assumption. But thanks :smile: good luck to you too

Hm yeah he admissions is confusing. No probs, when is ur interview? :smile:
Reply 1982
Original post by apple17
Hm yeah he admissions is confusing. No probs, when is ur interview? :smile:

2nd february :smile: what about you? And where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 1983
2nd february :smile: what about you? And where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

19th January and from Canada. How about you? :smile:
Reply 1984
Original post by apple17
19th January and from Canada. How about you? :smile:

awesomeee I'm from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. But i must say, i love canada! Woulda so studied there if only you didnt have to do a first degree before medicine :frown: Is that the same reason why you've chosen to study in the UK? Why king's in particular? :tongue:
Reply 1985
awesomeee I'm from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. But i must say, i love canada! Woulda so studied there if only you didnt have to do a first degree before medicine :frown: Is that the same reason why you've chosen to study in the UK? Why king's in particular? :tongue:

Oh, lucky, its so warm over there and awesome mangoes. Thank you, yeah, thats the reason why I choose UK. I love the atmosphere, both social and academics plus the building is so pretty. :smile: Hbu, any particular reason?
Reply 1986
Original post by apple17
Oh, lucky, its so warm over there and awesome mangoes. Thank you, yeah, thats the reason why I choose UK. I love the atmosphere, both social and academics plus the building is so pretty. :smile: Hbu, any particular reason?

lol @ awesome mangoes, but you're right :biggrin: For me, when I visited King's, I felt really happy and comfortable with the area and the accommodation was all nearby - on top of the fact that it's already in London so the social factor is a big plus to me. But ofcourse the main reason would be that it's a pretty good school academically and their teaching methods would suit me. They're def my first choice :smile:
Reply 1987
lol @ awesome mangoes, but you're right :biggrin: For me, when I visited King's, I felt really happy and comfortable with the area and the accommodation was all nearby - on top of the fact that it's already in London so the social factor is a big plus to me. But ofcourse the main reason would be that it's a pretty good school academically and their teaching methods would suit me. They're def my first choice :smile:

Oh, same here. Would be awesome if we both ended up there. :cool:
Reply 1988
Original post by laurie:)
i remember the receptionist actually phoned up my interviewer and asked where she was :tongue:

also, i turned up an hour early rather than 40 minutes early so everybody was at lunch, and the whole place was closed. we had to go up to the office to ask them to open the waiting room for us :rolleyes:

Haha jokes :laugh: Yeah same I was an hour early too but it wasn't as early as lunch :tongue: What an eventful day you must have had, roller-coaster :biggrin:
Reply 1989
Original post by apple17
Oh, same here. Would be awesome if we both ended up there. :cool:

hell yeah it'll be great! I wish you all the best for your interview and hope we get through! :smile:
HOLY S*************

it just changed to the "your application...processed"

dun dun DUN
Reply 1991
HOLY S*************

dun dun DUN

Same. I'm so nervous :frown:
Original post by apple17

Original post by apple17
Just saw ur signature, CONGRATS!! That is uh-amazing. :biggrin:
Are you withdrawing from everywhere else too?

Thank you :smile: Well unless other universities give me an easier offer than AAA I will do. I'm withdrawing from king's for sure because they want As in Biology and Chemistry and Oxford don't :smile:
Original post by hslakaal

HOLY S*************

dun dun DUN

Mine did that 2 days ago, and I still haven't heard from them :frown:
Original post by waffles_808
Mine did that 2 days ago, and I still haven't heard from them :frown:

Same interview-date-er, at least yours changed earlier :frown:

I was just on my toes, was about to give up, thinking maybe international's don't even hear anything till everyone's done.

So, was a bit excited :smile:

I was just on my toes, was about to give up, thinking maybe international's don't even hear anything till everyone's done.

Hopefully you will hear soon then :smile: has yours changed back to the acceptance of interview page? I was hoping we'd hear before they closed for Christmas!
Original post by waffles_808
Hopefully you will hear soon then :smile: has yours changed back to the acceptance of interview page? I was hoping we'd hear before they closed for Christmas!

Nopes. Hopefully we'll both hear back today.

If they reply during the hols, I am gonna be one heck of an annoyed guy.
Aghhhhhh, '' Your application to King’s College London is currently being processed''. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee King's, don't let me down xD
Reply 1998
Original post by marc_h94
Thank you :smile: Well unless other universities give me an easier offer than AAA I will do. I'm withdrawing from king's for sure because they want As in Biology and Chemistry and Oxford don't :smile:

Aw, I see i see.
Good luck, you must be an amazing candidate. Oxford would be a dream come true for me. They only accept 7 internationals. :eek:
Reply 1999

Hey I was just wondering that as you're an int'l, how come your interview was so early? Usually int'ls are interviewed jan/feb :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending