The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Im a graduate applicant and just been rejected. Prob not met ukcat thing. I got 690 overall.
Original post by Constricule

Original post by Constricule
A whole month??? On the application portal, it says a couple of weeks but I sincerely hope my rearranged interview is before christmas.

Mine took 3 weeks.. The word is patience! :tongue:
Reply 982
Original post by SDewedi
Also for those who have offers - how long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview?

from interview to offer, it was 6 days for me
Reply 983
Original post by lcsurfer
Im a graduate applicant and just been rejected. Prob not met ukcat thing. I got 690 overall.

sorry to hear man. where else have you applied?
Reply 984
Original post by kingcoltzan
You stand a very good chance. I'm sure Kings will call you to interview soon based on your excellent 9A* and solid UKCAT. Don't be disheartened by the fact that you haven't heard yet, they interview for another 5 months or so!

Friend heard 3 days after, another 5, me and my friend who had interview one after the other heard 9 days later.

Did you all get offers? When was your interview?
Interview on 09/12/11 :biggrin:

Now that I've finished ecstatically jumping around my house the panic is setting in :eek:

Interview hasn't even shown up on track though, so make sure you keep checking the King's portal!
Reply 986
Original post by Alison1075
Interview on 09/12/11 :biggrin:

Now that I've finished ecstatically jumping around my house the panic is setting in :eek:

Interview hasn't even shown up on track though, so make sure you keep checking the King's portal!

King's interview does not show on track. Congrats! :smile:
Original post by .eXe
sorry to hear man. where else have you applied?

Warwick, newcastle and sheffield (wait for that rejection)
I have all the experience just not fantastic academics.
Warwick is my main one i am after.
Reply 988
Original post by battlette
Did you all get offers? When was your interview?

Yes.

My interview was 7th, heard yesterday.
Reply 989
Original post by kingcoltzan
Yes.

My interview was 7th, heard yesterday.

Congrats! Where would be your ideal preference?
Just got an interview for the 19th, they sure do give u a lot of time, I thought I'd only be getting like 2 weeks!
Does anyone know what is the likelyhood of getting an offer after a decent interview, what I mean is, do they interview double the amount of students they are likely to make offers too? Or is it that they interview thrice the amount etc.?
"Applications to the medical school each year for our undergraduate medical programmes are around 4500 for a total of 410 places. Around 1200 1400 applicants are selected for interview." But im guessing they make more offers than spaces since some people might decline their offers or not meet the entry requirements. That's a good amount of offers!
Just wanted to ask if offers come through on track as well as the portal? (cos I know interviews don't ...)
Original post by joker12345
Just wanted to ask if offers come through on track as well as the portal? (cos I know interviews don't ...)

Yes they come on both, but usually on the portal first and then later on track. If it hasn't come on track about a week later at the most, contact admissions and let them know so they can mend that.
Also you will receive an email when your portal or track are updated.

Good luck!
Reply 994
Original post by teddybear_07
Yes they come on both, but usually on the portal first and then later on track. If it hasn't come on track about a week later at the most, contact admissions and let them know so they can mend that.
Also you will receive an email when your portal or track are updated.

Good luck!

Do you think decisions are made once a week? If so, on which day?
Original post by battlette
Do you think decisions are made once a week? If so, on which day?

There's no set time, usually they say it will come between 2-3 weeks, though some heard within a week. If they do take longer, don't get worried about it. I know people who heard a few weeks later and were given an offer.
Reply 996
Original post by lcsurfer

Oh no :frown: I've not heard back yet :frown: also a graduate applicant! I am sorry. What did it say? 690 would have to you in the top 25%
Reply 997
Original post by MusicNow
Hey guys, I got my rejection from Kings through myapplication today (UCAS still not updated). Was expecting it so not too disappointed. Here is my profile just in case this info is any use to anyone:

Submitted Application on 10th of Oct, applied for A102.

UKCAT 687.5
First class BA(Hons) degree.
ABBa 'A' levels, Biology 'AS' at grade A my only science, currently taking 'AS' chemistry, predicted A. I guess that my academics/UKCAT weren't good enough, which is fair enough. I suppose you probably have to be something pretty special to get in without more of a science background. Good luck to everyone anyway :smile:

Really sorry :frown: I'm a graduate not heard yet - x
Reply 998
I am a graduate. I am applying for the 5 year course and i haven't had any rejections but no interviews either. I got a 670 average so judging from this thread that might be a bit low.

Is no news good news, would i have been rejected by now?
Reply 999
Original post by tiggix
sure, i got an average of 722.5
thank you! :smile: :smile:

Well done you :smile: which course did you apply for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending