The Student Room Group

Induction at TKMaxx

Hi I've got an induction at tkmaxx soon

Does anyone know what happens on the induction day?

Thank you
Original post by flower12345
Hi I've got an induction at tkmaxx soon

Does anyone know what happens on the induction day?

Thank you

I worked at TK Maxx for just over a year. Surprisd I lasted that long. It was hectic but anyway....lol a job is a job.

I remember having to go watch videos on health and safety and loss prevention etc.

Then my first real day involved me being paired up with someone who already worked there and they show you the ropes so in my case we were tidying the shelves but she spent the whole time talking. It's really nothing to worry about.
They take your details- bank account number etc. and give you your uniform, you also sign your contract. You'll be told how the store operates- shift patterns, lunch and break entitlements and Sunday pay. The general rules and regulations- stuff like don't clock unless you';ve just come off or just going back on to the sales floor and the more serious stuff like sick pay, harrassment and how to resign, and holidays and requesting days off. You'll be told what section you'll be in- like menswear or customer service desk or whatever.

They'll impress on you the importance of variation or 'stock loss', which is a lot more than shoplifting. Then health and safety- don't climb stockroom shelves, don't pull a loaded pallet if it's too heavy for you, don't leave a spillage unattended- etc. etc.

Then you might be told how to tidy etc. and help an existing staff member. All inductions are the same, just some have more forms to sign than others.
Reply 3
Hii I just got an appliation form from tk maxx because they have vacancies, I was wondering what kind of answers you used for the competency questions??? i don't mean to cheat i just really need this job!!

Also for my employment histroy I've never had a paying job before but I've volunteered at Age concern and so on so do u think i just just include that for employment history????
Reply 4
What do you wear for a TKmaxx induction day?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending