Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? I have no idea how to

& im also inter pol
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 381
Original post by connoryay
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? I have no idea how to

& im also inter pol

If you have firmed Aber, they are sending letters out now with instructions on how to apply...
Reply 382
By the way, I emailed today to ask for any good/recent introductory texts that a lecturer could suggest. If either of you want the names I have them :smile:

Do you have the name of those texts please?
Reply 383
Original post by tbdavies
Hey! Look forward to meeting you both in September then!

By the way, I emailed today to ask for any good/recent introductory texts that a lecturer could suggest. If either of you want the names I have them :smile:

Hello!

Sorry just saw these posts.

I'm hoping to study inter pol at Aber too!!

Would it be possible to have the name of the texts too please :-)
Reply 384
cab12

StinaG

I will PM you both :smile:
Hey! Look forward to meeting you both in September then!

Could you send me the names of the texts too please. :smile:
Has anyone had their letter to apply for accommodation yet?
Original post by lizititley
Has anyone had their letter to apply for accommodation yet?

Lol i was about to ask the same thing.. im still waiting for mine, was hoping it would come this week!

Still also trying to sort my student finance out, as my parents have accouts already from when my sister went to uni, but haven't used them for atleast 3 years! So we got the info needed sent to us but that still didn't work so have to ring them again today to try and sort it out! Its getting annoying how a simple password and reference number that they gave us is not working.. hopefully it will be sorted today!
Reply 388
You dont have to wait for your letter to apply for accomadation the letter explains how to do it but its straight forward applications opened yesterday afternoon, ive applied and know many others who also have
Applied for accommodation yesterday! :smile: it's a doddle :biggrin:
Oh okay, thanks, i'm doing it now, what is classed as a budget room?
Reply 391
I will PM you both :smile:

hey, could i have the list please?

ps applied for accomodation!
Original post by Ddraig Goch
Lol i was about to ask the same thing.. im still waiting for mine, was hoping it would come this week!

Still also trying to sort my student finance out, as my parents have accouts already from when my sister went to uni, but haven't used them for atleast 3 years! So we got the info needed sent to us but that still didn't work so have to ring them again today to try and sort it out! Its getting annoying how a simple password and reference number that they gave us is not working.. hopefully it will be sorted today!

Same thing happened to me lol. We had to call up their helpline a few times.

BTW does anyone know what's the difference between a budget single and a single room?
Original post by PaperBoy
Same thing happened to me lol. We had to call up their helpline a few times.

BTW does anyone know what's the difference between a budget single and a single room?

Yeah i got to the end of the student finance, the point when you can print off the letter cover things and clicked continue and it said an error has occured, so will go back later! Atleast I managed to get it nearly all done now!

A Budget single from what i read is a really small room, compared to a normal single room! Anyone please correct me if I am wrong though!

I have just applied for accommodation too :smile:
Can somebody please send me the link to the application page please?!
Reply 395
Original post by Reffariiii
Can somebody please send me the link to the application page please?!

https://accommodation-online.aber.ac.uk/portal/en/login.php

Here you go :smile:
Reply 396
I'm pretty much done now I think with with student finance and accommodation sorted :biggrin:.

If someone else has applied for software engineering, can someone confirm they have "BENG SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (BENG/G700)" in their course title on the student finance form? The last bit confused me because I know the course code is G600 and there was no way to change it because it was part of the correct title :s-smilie:
Reply 397
the budget single is brynderw. Apparently its classed as budget as it doesn't have laundry facilities, you need to go into town whereas all the other halls have them either in the hall or an adjacent one

Thank you very much :smile:

Apply: Sorted.
Interview: Sorted.
Unconditional: Sorted.
Accept offer: Sorted.
Place confirmed: Sorted.
Accommodation application: Sorted.
Student Finance: To do.
Getting excited for September: Well under way :biggrin:

Just out of interest, those who have completed student finance, is it just filling in the Cyllid Myfyrwyr/English Equivalent that you have done, or have you set up a student bank account also?
Reply 399
You need a bank account for the student finance to go into, if you can make it a student bank account sooner rather than later you will be able to get a bigger overdraft come term time because of how much money you have deposited into the account, i still have student finance to finish, unfortunately the student finance scotland arent the best to deal with and i need to phone them up to sort it

Quick Reply

Latest