The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

What date do we actually go to university? I haven't got a welcome pack or anything so have no idea when freshers actually begins and what day we move in.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by HiiMcHrOMaTiK
What date do we actually go to university? I haven't got a welcome pack or anything so have no idea when freshers actually begins and what day we move in.

Go to Aber's website and browse around there. It really does give you all the information you need. Download the 2012/2013 prospectus and read that too.

You can move in after 10am on the 21st. Freshers begins the 22nd and term technically starts the 24th.
So freshers is 2 days?

Reply 583
So freshers is 2 days?

Its a week. They just say term starts on the 24th because theres some short lectures/ admin **** that you will have to do during freshers week. (Such as signing up for modules, introductory lectures etc.)
Reply 584
Original post by R&T
Hey everyone,
i got a place in Aber through clearing
The current status of your application is:
Congratulations! Your place at Aberystwyth University (A40) to study Physics (includes foundation year) (F301) has been confirmed during Clearing.

Really looking forward to going to Aber in September :-)

when i got the clearing offer the e-mail said, after i added Aber in clearing - "Soon you will receive an email asking you to accept the offer and confirm your place."

Im worried as i havent recieved the follow up e-mail yet with the link to "confirm my place" and the track status updated on friday. I know their all busy with clearing so it might be taking a while to sort things out, so im proberbly worring about nothing. But i was wondering if any other clearing applicants have gotten the follow up e-mail after their clearing place was confirmed on track.

And also does anyone know anything about Aber's science and Physics facilities?

Hey, im on the same course as you :biggrin:

i only applied for accomodation yesterday hope there's still some room left! :P
Original post by JordE
Its a week. They just say term starts on the 24th because theres some short lectures/ admin **** that you will have to do during freshers week. (Such as signing up for modules, introductory lectures etc.)

Ah ok thanks :smile: I want them to announce what the freshers events will be already! The Facebook group just says 'watch this space' and there's nothing on the website.

Reply 586
Ah ok thanks :smile: I want them to announce what the freshers events will be already! The Facebook group just says 'watch this space' and there's nothing on the website.

As far as the actual nights on at the union, I'm not sure - You have to hit town freshers week anyway :biggrin:

Sunday 23rd September
“Get Fresh- Get to know your Union”, Main Room, Students' Union, 12.30-1.30pm A brief introduction to the Students Union from the 5 Sabbatical officers, and a chance to ask questions only a student could answer!
----------------------------------
Monday 24th September
Freshers Fayre, (Trade Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to get a host of freebies and information from local and national businesses to assist them with their University life ahead.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday 25th September
Sports Clubs Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to find out about what Sports Clubs are on offer to them.
----------------------------------
Wednesday 26th September
Societies Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to find out about what Societies are on offer to them.
Hi Everyone, thought I would come on here see if i could find some people :P Im Studying Business Management and ill be living in Cwrt Mawr, anyone else, message me or whatever :smile: Been to aber a few times in the past, seems a great place to be! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 588
I just got mt train tickets in the post, they sent me twelve little cards for three trips, and they are so messy, so hard to understand...:biggrin:. Now all I have to do is send off one form and I'm good to go! I even started packing yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 589
F**k, am still thinking on what time I should buy this damn train tickets cuz early train departure starts at 13.00 while I arrive to Manchester at 12.00. Don't know though:biggrin: If there any guys travelling to uni thorough Manchester as well, or I am the only one genius?:biggrin:
Did Aberystwyth send any welcome packs or letters to anyone? I've heard nothing

I havent recieved anything yet either :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I5800

Original post by lottie9394
-

I've got my pack through last week, I guess it's department dependent when you'll get the pack through your doors. :smile:

Hopefully not too long for you all.
What was in the pack?

Reply 594
I'll be studying physics with foundation year in september, staying in PJM.
still waiting on my welcome pack :/
I had my welcome pack a few days ago, im sure the rest are on their way! :smile:
Reply 596
I really hope I get my welcome pack soon - I do live in Kent though so it might just be taking ages to get to me lol.
What welcome pack?
Reply 598
I have just been watching the comedy show in which Prof. Hooch plays, and found out that Welsh does sound like Elfish from LOTR. Or th eother way around should make more sense, cos Welsh is real Elfish is made up. Anyway, I think it's pretty cool!

I'm in America and I got my welcome pack from the School of Art last week.
I guess the packs are course specific?

Quick Reply

Latest