The Student Room Group

Ladies, how many inches is your underbust?

Scroll to see replies

Ok I've just read some of the replies in this thread and I'm now super confused. :redface: My exact underbust in inches is 30. Actual bust is 38''. How the hell does that make me a 32F?! But I can comfortably wear 34C/32D? Who is in the wrong here? I mean I don't even look like an F... I'm closer to C/D than that which is what I'm wearing right this minute (32D). :s-smilie:

http://www.curvesandcorsets.com/uk_files/BraSizingCalculator.htm

According to this calculator which is supposed to be quite accurate. Maybe I should go shopping again.
Original post by Strüberry
Ok I've just read some of the replies in this thread and I'm now super confused. :redface: My exact underbust in inches is 30. Actual bust is 38''. How the hell does that make me a 32F?! But I can comfortably wear 34C/32D? Who is in the wrong here? I mean I don't even look like an F... I'm closer to C/D than that which is what I'm wearing right this minute (32D). :s-smilie:

According to this calculator which is supposed to be quite accurate. Maybe I should go shopping again.

You should be a 32F or a 30G. An F isn't actually as big as it sounds its just a relative measure. People think it's huge because people who should be in Fs are wearing sizes much smaller. You're wearing the wrong size, you can probably get away with it but the support youll get from a smaller bandsize will be so much better. Does your bandsize ride up your back? Or do your straps dig in? These are common problems that you get from too big back/too small cup. I just tried that calculator and it got my real size so its quite accurate :smile:
Original post by LipstickKisses
You should be a 32F or a 30G. An F isn't actually as big as it sounds its just a relative measure. People think it's huge because people who should be in Fs are wearing sizes much smaller. You're wearing the wrong size, you can probably get away with it but the support youll get from a smaller bandsize will be so much better. Does your bandsize ride up your back? Or do your straps dig in? These are common problems that you get from too big back/too small cup. I just tried that calculator and it got my real size so its quite accurate :smile:

The straps fall off and it rides up, and sometimes I get too much cleavage or ermmm ... fourboobage. Writing that down makes me realise just how much of a epic fail my bra is. Damn. :s-smilie: 32F sounds so busty jeez lol. But I don't want saggy pancakes by age 21 so off to shops it is I guess. Is 32F a common size? I've never seen it on the racks. :colondollar:
The straps fall off and it rides up, and sometimes I get too much cleavage or ermmm ... fourboobage. Writing that down makes me realise just how much of a epic fail my bra is. Damn. :s-smilie: 32F sounds so busty jeez lol. But I don't want saggy pancakes by age 21 so off to shops it is I guess. Is 32F a common size? I've never seen it on the racks. :colondollar:

Classic signs that your bra is the wrong size mine used to do that all the time and I thought I just had a weird shape until I got fitted properly. I used to get shoulder grooves too from too much pressure on the straps. 32F is more common than you think but not worn as much as it should be due to people wearing the wrong size. It's catered for in M&S and la senza though, as well as bravissimo and figleaves an F in a 32 isn't too hard to find. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 44
I think I'm about 27-28" (can't remember exactly now) and wear 32...which makes no sense but even 30 digs into me so yeah :frown:
Original post by LipstickKisses
Classic signs that your bra is the wrong size mine used to do that all the time and I thought I just had a weird shape until I got fitted properly. I used to get shoulder grooves too from too much pressure on the straps. 32F is more common than you think but not worn as much as it should be due to people wearing the wrong size. It's catered for in M&S and la senza though, as well as bravissimo and figleaves an F in a 32 isn't too hard to find. Good luck! :smile:

Aw thanks for the advice. Good luck with your survey. :u:
It's a bit of Catch 22. As long as people continue to wear the wrong size (ie. far bigger back sizes than needed) then shops are not going to stock unpopular sizes. Where I work only stocks 32B-38D, with only a few lines going outside of that, because if they went outside of that in everything, they'd have a load of crap left over all the time which would have to be reduced and reduced. So where's the benefit for the retailer there? I understand it's frustrating that you can't stroll into a high-street retailer and get your size easily, but until the old way of measuring is totally gone, then nothing's going to change.

The same reason applies to not being able to get a size 4 or bigger than an 18 in the vast majority of shops- just doesn't sell.
Original post by StarsAreFixed
It's a bit of Catch 22. As long as people continue to wear the wrong size (ie. far bigger back sizes than needed) then shops are not going to stock unpopular sizes. Where I work only stocks 32B-38D, with only a few lines going outside of that, because if they went outside of that in everything, they'd have a load of crap left over all the time which would have to be reduced and reduced. So where's the benefit for the retailer there? I understand it's frustrating that you can't stroll into a high-street retailer and get your size easily, but until the old way of measuring is totally gone, then nothing's going to change.

The same reason applies to not being able to get a size 4 or bigger than an 18 in the vast majority of shops- just doesn't sell.

This is true, and it's why stores need to start measuring people properly instead of adding 4! They wouldn't have stuff left over if they fitted people properly both shops and customers need to realise what a good fitting bra looks like and how to find their size.
Reply 48
My underbust is 25" and I wear a 28 band. I really hope more shops start stocking lower band sizes.
Reply 49
I'm 25" underbust. It's a pain, most of my bra's don't fit properly, they're all a 30 back bar one which is a 28 (which I had to buy online cause I couldn't find any in a high street store in Edinburgh :rolleyes:). It's not too bad for me cause my chest is quite small, but it'd be nice to be able to find bras which fit..
Reply 50
Original post by Alotties
Mine is just about 27" (more like 26.5") and I wear a 32 band as they don't do the smaller bands with the larger cup sizes :frown: (32E/F if anyone was wondering, which are extremely hard to find at 32)

Try La senza I buy my 30F there.They sell 32E and F http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/level2.aspx?d=1&size=32F
Their bras are fantastic:biggrin:
I am 28-29 but wear 30.
Reply 51
Most decent places for bras would never measure based on a tape measure anyways, such as bravissimo. Not la senza etc.

I think there are lots of people that are wearing the wrong size. Often too small in the cup and too big in the back. I used to be one of them! I was wearing a 32 DD and i am actually a 30 F. I have definitely notice a huge improvement wearing the correct bra.
Reply 52
Original post by alexa123
Most decent places for bras would never measure based on a tape measure anyways, such as bravissimo. Not la senza etc.

I think there are lots of people that are wearing the wrong size. Often too small in the cup and too big in the back. I used to be one of them! I was wearing a 32 DD and i am actually a 30 F. I have definitely notice a huge improvement wearing the correct bra.

I agree,I was wearing a 34 C but I'm actually a 30F. I think I put it off because I was so scared to get fitted.
Original post by Alotties
Mine is just about 27" (more like 26.5") and I wear a 32 band as they don't do the smaller bands with the larger cup sizes :frown: (32E/F if anyone was wondering, which are extremely hard to find at 32)

Try having to find a 32GG....:frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Lerone
Just used that calculator, my god apparantly i should be wearing a 30GG :eek:

Try it and you'll be surprised how supportive it is. Obviously that size may not be exactly right but probably around there :smile:

I went from 34B to 32D. You'd be surprised at how many different size bras your can wear and think they fit 'ok', but trust me, when you're in the proper size you'll realise what a difference it makes! I don't think I look like a D but it definitely fits :o:
Reply 55
Original post by Cindi Mayweather
Try having to find a 32GG....:frown:

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/level2.aspx?d=1&size=32GG
Reply 56
Original post by harlar
32, but I wear a 34.

This :smile:
Although I may even be a 30, I've never been measured properly before, hmmm...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Great, looked at Lasenza thay dont do 30GG >< *skulks off to ebay*
Original post by Lerone
Great, looked at Lasenza thay dont do 30GG >< *skulks off to ebay*

This is exactly the problem high streets dont seem to cater for small backed ladies, and if they do they don't go up to a big enough cup. They keep saying theres no demand hence the poll i did :biggrin: Here are some places that do 30GG :smile:

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/all/#/1?show=16&sort=4&back=30&cup=gg
http://www.brastop.com/SearchPage.aspx?type=1&size=30GG&brand=&colour=&sectionid=&text=
Reply 59

Wow, that calculator gives me a 26F!? That sounds massive! And I'm pretty tiny, My underbust is 25 and chest is 31, so I generally wear a 30A for ease of buying bras, so it's quite a jump! Probably goes to reiterate how off people's perceptions of bra sizes are.

Quick Reply

Latest