The Student Room Group

Confused on when I have to take my tests

Hi, I am new to this site and I need some help on when I am supposed to take some exams. I live outside of UK , in the EU and I am planning to study medicine in the UK. I am currently in high school and will finish in the summer of 2014.
I read that my application has to be submitted to UCAS by oct 15 of the previous year, so that means in autumn 2013. I read that the BMAT examination takes place in november , so my question is: does that mean that I have to sit my BMAT exam in november of 2012? I would also appreciate if you could tell me what is exactly needed to apply for medical school in the UK apart from the UKCAT and BMAT exams , such as do I need to take the GCSE exams too if I am not from the UK or can i use an equivalent from my country?
Reply 1
Original post by hjuyyy
Hi, I am new to this site and I need some help on when I am supposed to take some exams. I live outside of UK , in the EU and I am planning to study medicine in the UK. I am currently in high school and will finish in the summer of 2014.
I read that my application has to be submitted to UCAS by oct 15 of the previous year, so that means in autumn 2013. I read that the BMAT examination takes place in november , so my question is: does that mean that I have to sit my BMAT exam in november of 2012?

You need to take BMAT in the same Autumn that you apply for university, i.e. Autumn 2013 for you. The registration deadline is 30 September I think, the testing is the first week in November.
Reply 2
Ow thanks, you helped me alot, I was actually kinda scared since I didn't think I had enough time to prepare.Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending