The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Sammydemon
Yes you're right, I have held my licence since 17 and have been driving for longer than you so I don't think they are really interested in me.

Again, yes, after replacing the sensor the car ran fine, mine had the same symptoms. The car is simply switching in to low-power "get-you-home" mode because it thinks there is a fault preventing air intake. As soon as you put your foot down, the engine requires a lot more air to burn the fuel... scared the hell out of me when trying to overtake and had no power left!

haha! You ever had yours cut out on you? I was driving today and went over a speed bump and all the lights came on, battery, engine, oil, and EPS light and the car basically just turned off. Luckily i was down a residential area so i just pulled up to a parking spot, waited 5 mins and restarted it. I didn't panic this time round because it happened on Wednesday, but at a BUSY roundabout at 5pm rush hour :/ I've orded a new MAF so i don't think i'll be driving for while incase i'm damaging anything else by driving with a fault filter.
Original post by Slapstick
haha! You ever had yours cut out on you? I was driving today and went over a speed bump and all the lights came on, battery, engine, oil, and EPS light and the car basically just turned off. Luckily i was down a residential area so i just pulled up to a parking spot, waited 5 mins and restarted it. I didn't panic this time round because it happened on Wednesday, but at a BUSY roundabout at 5pm rush hour :/ I've orded a new MAF so i don't think i'll be driving for while incase i'm damaging anything else by driving with a fault filter.

I don't remember it ever cutting out. You won't damage anything if you continue to drive it, so do so if you need to. Mine only did it when the throttle was opened a long way since that's when greater fuel/air is required.
Reply 462
So my time score literally JUST hit 4, after only driving once at night and a month of driving during the day.

But I drove last night :frown: so it's probably gonna do back down to 3, if not 2....
Couldn't you get a gps blocker?
Reply 464
Original post by Yawn11
So my time score literally JUST hit 4, after only driving once at night and a month of driving during the day.

But I drove last night :frown: so it's probably gonna do back down to 3, if not 2....

This is interesting! My Overall score is 5.

My time is 3 and i drive every friday to Oceana in kingston and get home about 4-5am loool
Reply 465
Original post by IvanGray

My time is 3 and i drive every friday to Oceana in kingston and get home about 4-5am loool

I've been to Oceana Kingston :five:

Every Friday?? and your time's 3?? lucky git... mine's 4. But my Accel/Breakin is like 3.7 so kinda understandable.
Reply 466
Original post by Yawn11

Every Friday?? and your time's 3?? lucky git... mine's 4. But my Accel/Breakin is like 3.7 so kinda understandable.

I go to Kingston Uni - Oceana whoop whoop :P I think you're allowed bad days, every now and again. Aslong as your average is not driving at night all the time. Mine's on 5, i've only ever driven after 11pm once, and that was the first night after installation... i'd forgotten and by the time i remembered it was already too late :redface: got too used to latenight driving for the few days my cover started before I had the box installed :colonhash:
Reply 467
Original post by Yawn11

Yeah its in the middle of 3, you wanna the definition of fluctuation? Well, its my time score. The line graph looks insane UP - DOWN and so on haha.

WOOP to all the ravers in kingston yeahhh :h:
"the Vehicle Registration Document (VRD) for the vehicle to be insured"

I don't have this yet. Will I get charged when they come to fit the box?
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by IvanGray

Original post by Slapstick
I go to Kingston Uni - Oceana whoop whoop :P I think you're allowed bad days, every now and again. Aslong as your average is not driving at night all the time. Mine's on 5, i've only ever driven after 11pm once, and that was the first night after installation... i'd forgotten and by the time i remembered it was already too late :redface: got too used to latenight driving for the few days my cover started before I had the box installed :colonhash:

Hi people, just wanted to ask about the online dashboard thingy seeing as you guy's seem to know rather a lot about the YDC.

I got the box installed approx 3 weeks back and all my scores up to 2 weeks are displayed, however since last Friday my online dashboard isn't showing my scores and is appearing as 0 which is supposed to mean not driven, thing is I have driven, I have driven everyday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, yet my scores for the last 4 days are showing as 0?

Any idea why? thanks
Original post by Camoxide
"the Vehicle Registration Document (VRD) for the vehicle to be insured"

I don't have this yet. Will I get charged when they come to fit the box?

My advice to you is if you haven't already bought into the policy , wait until your VRD arrives just so that you'd be on the safe side.

If you don't have the correct paperwork on the installation day then the CO-Op can be funny about it and without warning threaten to terminate your insurance, its happened to a few people I know.

I waited until I had all my correct documentation before I bought into the insurance m saying that it only took a week from me sending it to their office for it to arrive back to me, it could be a week, a month, 3 months, you just don't know, it also depends on how busy they are and how many have been sent in I suppose :redface:

EDIT: If you don't have your logbook when the box installation man arrives , you will not be charged so long as you can show him your driving license and the named if one is added, it will still be required though within 45 days of the commence date.

If you are unable to provide him with your license and the named license then your installation will not proceed, you will be charged I think £45 and another appointment will have to be made, the box must be fitted within i think 24 days of cover starting or else I believe the policy will be ended, hope this helps
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Joel Glover.
My advice to you is if you haven't already bought into the policy , wait until your VRD arrives just so that you'd be on the safe side.

If you don't have the correct paperwork on the installation day then the CO-Op can be funny about it and without warning threaten to terminate your insurance, its happened to a few people I know.

I waited until I had all my correct documentation before I bought into the insurance m saying that it only took a week from me sending it to their office for it to arrive back to me, it could be a week, a month, 3 months, you just don't know, it also depends on how busy they are and how many have been sent in I suppose :redface:

EDIT: If you don't have your logbook when the box installation man arrives , you will not be charged so long as you can show him your driving license and the named if one is added, it will still be required though within 45 days of the commence date.

If you are unable to provide him with your license and the named license then your installation will not proceed, you will be charged I think £45 and another appointment will have to be made, the box must be fitted within i think 24 days of cover starting or else I believe the policy will be ended, hope this helps

Cheers.
Yeah i've already started the policy. Was the only way I could get the car home.
My Micra came with an old JVC CD player. Reckon they'll be funny about it? Not sure if it's OEM/stock. I know they had an option of having a CD player fitted when new but I don't know if Nissan just wacked a JVC one in there or if they have their own one.
Reply 473
Original post by Camoxide
My Micra came with an old JVC CD player. Reckon they'll be funny about it? Not sure if it's OEM/stock. I know they had an option of having a CD player fitted when new but I don't know if Nissan just wacked a JVC one in there or if they have their own one.

Pretty sure my car has a JVC fitted also as the Vauxhall one was replaced by the previous owner, when the guy comes to fitt the box just inclip the cd player and put it back in when he's gone
Reply 474
Hi,
I have had my smart box fitted for a week now and i am wondering how the system works out the score on the cornering too fast.
On days i have driven about a 2 mile journey around my local housing estates and town i am able to score 5/5 but on days that i go out of town and do around an 8 mile drive each way along an A road doing a speed of around 55 mph plus the small bit of town driving to the A road i only manage to score 3/5.
I can not see how this would affect my score as the road has no sharp bends just a couple of roundabouts.
I am averaging around 4.5 for my acceleration & braking.

Thanks
does the additional drivers need to have their counterpart license?cheers
Reply 476
Original post by collie
Hi,
I have had my smart box fitted for a week now and i am wondering how the system works out the score on the cornering too fast.
On days i have driven about a 2 mile journey around my local housing estates and town i am able to score 5/5 but on days that i go out of town and do around an 8 mile drive each way along an A road doing a speed of around 55 mph plus the small bit of town driving to the A road i only manage to score 3/5.
I can not see how this would affect my score as the road has no sharp bends just a couple of roundabouts.
I am averaging around 4.5 for my acceleration & braking.

Thanks

Mine's exactly the same. When I just drive around town, I get 5s on everything. But when I use the duel carriage way and roundabouts, I'm only on 3 for cornering and I'm only just on a 5 for braking/accelerating. It seems easier to get a high score in braking/accelerating than it is for cornering.

Original post by DeclanA94
does the additional drivers need to have their counterpart license?cheers

Yes, the installation guy checks everyone's paper counterpart.
Reply 477
Original post by Benj92
Mine's exactly the same. When I just drive around town, I get 5s on everything. But when I use the duel carriage way and roundabouts, I'm only on 3 for cornering and I'm only just on a 5 for braking/accelerating. It seems easier to get a high score in braking/accelerating than it is for cornering.

Yes, the installation guy checks everyone's paper counterpart.

That makes me feel a lot better.
Thanks
thanks, does the date of when an additional driver passed have to be exact as my step mum cant remember the exact date
Original post by DeclanA94
thanks, does the date of when an additional driver passed have to be exact as my step mum cant remember the exact date

Yes, you have to show the paper part of their license when you get the box fitted. The paper part has the pass date on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending