The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone's renewal quote increased since last year's quote? Just wondering since co op doubled the prices for new customers in August.
Reply 1181
can someone PLEASE help me. I've been considering buying a car and want to put my mum as the named driver and policy holder even though she has her own car, she has 2 years no claims bonus but this isn't the issue..

The problem is the car i'm buying is most likely from a private dealer, and it has alloy wheels on it.. I know there is a 24day waiting procedure to install the smartbox so if I purchase the car and take the alloy wheels off and put older wheels on the car would this still be a problem? Will the engineer say something? Has anyone had a problem with engineer's coming around to fit smart boxes in and questioning you about modifications? Please help!
Reply 1182
My box hasnt updated in 4/5 days when I have driven it various times. Gonna give them a call asap, must have stopped working :/
Original post by Mouth
My box hasnt updated in 4/5 days when I have driven it various times. Gonna give them a call asap, must have stopped working :/

You muppet. Isn't it better it's not working...
Original post by Mouth

Mine hasn't updated in a while either.
system must be down.
Reply 1185
Original post by MrWhosane
You muppet. Isn't it better it's not working...

I guess so, but they're not stupid. I can't just drive without it forever, it will be pretty obvious and then they will try and shift the blame on me.
But guy above says he's having same problem, so must just be the system anyway.
+ I drive safely anyway, don't really get bad scores :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1186
Original post by Mouth
I guess so, but they're not stupid. I can't just drive without it forever, it will be pretty obvious and then they will try and shift the blame on me.
But guy above says he's having same problem, so must just be the system anyway.
+ I drive safely anyway, don't really get bad scores :smile:

Having the same issue so must just be them slowing down due to christmas.
Has anyone had a renewal quote recently yet?
Mine's not updated since the 20th, I imagine it's with it being Christmas and all...

I had my 135 day review email through the other day, I don't qualify for any safer driving discounts since my 90 day review. Must be because I've been driving after 11 once a week, it's not really fair that it's weighted so heavily towards what time you drive.
Reply 1189
Still not updating, A few people on the co-op Facebook page mentioned it and they just got told to call them :rolleyes: I'm sure by now they know It's not an isolated issue.
Anyone tried to get a quote recently?
I have my insurance with them (taken out in November) but now when I try to get a new quote (wanted to see the effect of the gender directive) they say "Quote Unavailable Due To Occupation." I list mine as "Student -Living Away" so have no idea why this has suddenly become unacceptable!

On a side note my dashboard hasn't been updating either!
Original post by thefunktopus69
Anyone tried to get a quote recently?
I have my insurance with them (taken out in November) but now when I try to get a new quote (wanted to see the effect of the gender directive) they say "Quote Unavailable Due To Occupation." I list mine as "Student -Living Away" so have no idea why this has suddenly become unacceptable!

On a side note my dashboard hasn't been updating either!

Exactly what happened to me.

Might be a problem when I come to renew in March...
Original post by Camoxide
Exactly what happened to me.

Might be a problem when I come to renew in March...

As long as you have at least 1 years no claims you should be able to get on a normal policy -with 1 years ncd co op and elephant are only £200 different for me so come renewal when I have 2 years ncd (touch wood!) the difference should not be enough to warrant keeping big brother in my car!
Original post by thefunktopus69
As long as you have at least 1 years no claims you should be able to get on a normal policy -with 1 years ncd co op and elephant are only £200 different for me so come renewal when I have 2 years ncd (touch wood!) the difference should not be enough to warrant keeping big brother in my car!

My renewal quote was only £500ish with 1 year NCB if I keep the same car and I can't see non black box being that cheap.
(edited 11 years ago)
My renewal was only £500ish with 1 year NCB if I keep the same car and I can't see non black box being that cheap.

What car have you got and how old are you? That's quite cheap :biggrin:
Original post by Hustler-1337
What car have you got and how old are you? That's quite cheap :biggrin:

Nissan Micra 1 litre. 19

I made a new quote and go compare and it's gone down loads since last time :O?

28 December 2012 18:59
Cheapest price:
£616.92
NISSAN MICRA EQUATION 998cc
Comprehensive cover, 1 year NCB
No voluntary excess requested
Your Demands & Needs »
Delete Quote »

21 September 2012 22:56
Cheapest price:
£1173.42
Your Demands & Needs »
Nissan Micra 1 litre. 19

I made a new quote and go compare and it's gone down loads since last time :O?

28 December 2012 18:59
Cheapest price:
£616.92
Your Demands & Needs »
Delete Quote »

21 September 2012 22:56
Cheapest price:
£1173.42
Your Demands & Needs »

Have you got your parents as additional drivers? If so, I would have thought it would increase since the recent gender equality directive came into effect on the 21st Dec. I would throw a party if I had a quote like that :P
Original post by Hustler-1337
Have you got your parents as additional drivers? If so, I would have thought it would increase since the recent gender equality directive came into effect on the 21st Dec. I would throw a party if I had a quote like that :P

Of course :biggrin:.

I think my dads quote is usually lower than my mums anyway.

The thing I like about black box is that if your car gets stolen they can track it down.
Once you've had the box long enough you stop paying attention to it really because it gets harder to change the average. Also it lowers your chance of accidently racking up 6 points and losing your license because your more concious of your speed.
I'm probably going to upgrade to a Rover 25 1.4 litre around March when my renewal is so I might so how much those quotes are.
My renewal was only £500ish with 1 year NCB if I keep the same car and I can't see non black box being that cheap.

Is this your 2nd year with Co op? I'm worried the renewal quotes for everyone will be more expensive now since they changed their system and doubled their quotes for new customers in August.
Original post by tupac_astar
Is this your 2nd year with Co op? I'm worried the renewal quotes for everyone will be more expensive now since they changed their system and doubled their quotes for new customers in August.

Nope. (changed my post so it makes more sense)
Got my first car and insurance in March 2012.

SICK

29 December 2012 16:37
Cheapest price:
£473.82
Third Party Fire & Theft cover, 1 year NCB
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending