The Student Room Group

Weird Things Your Pets Do

What sort of things do your pets do that you think are really odd?

For example, my parrot, Pedro, likes to climb to the top of his cage, hang upside down, and continuously swings his head in a figure of eight :biggrin:

Share your stories!

Scroll to see replies

one of my hamsters used to climb on the bars of its cage and hang, i call it spider hammin

my mouse squeaks and clicks when she comes out and she will demand attention and when you go to get her out she will run away but when you close the cage she will come back, its like a little game

one of my hams goes mad when hes on the settee, he will rub himself all over it and turn upside down
Reply 2
My cat likes to scratch her mouth on my toes
My cat likes sitting in tiny boxes. If there's a nice box full of blankets and then a tiny crappy shoebox that's too narrow for her she'll force herself into the shoebox anyway.

Oh and when she wants attention and/or food she barely ever meows. She pushes things off the mantelpiece on purpose instead :teehee:
Reply 4
I don't have pets but my friend's dog got all excited seeing her and she peed herself and my other friend's parrot imitates the phone ring and she thinks the phone is ringing LOL.
Reply 5
my dog makes sort of screaming noises whilst yawning.
My dog likes nothing better than lying on people's feet. Or sleeping on them.
My cat has obsession with just sitting in the bath.
Everytime i go in the bathroom she'll follow me and just jump in and sit there.
& When the bath has water in it she'll jump on the side and just pat the water.
Reply 8
My cat has learned how to headbutt the bathroom door open so she can jump in my bath!

But mainly there's just lots of parrot-style shoulder-sitting involved. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
One of my cats sometimes lays on the floor on his side, then uses his claws to drag himself in circles so he can chase his tail :biggrin:
I clicker trained one of my rabbits to do a few things, now whenever food comes out he just starts cycling through all of the tricks he knows hoping that one will get him a treat.
Reply 11
When my cat is desperate for attention he'll use his head to push open my bedroom door. Literally slowly push hs head through the door and squeeze through the gap.

And he also licks plastic bags, as soon as we come home with the shopping BAM, there licking all the bags.
My cat attacks the water dripping out of the tap and then pulls the plug. He also runs down the stairs on his front 2 legs with his back 2 in the air. He's abit strange at times.
My cat does some really funky stretches whenever he stands up :tongue:
Takes the car for a joy ride
Reply 15
Original post by Mocking_bird
My cat has obsession with just sitting in the bath.
Everytime i go in the bathroom she'll follow me and just jump in and sit there.
& When the bath has water in it she'll jump on the side and just pat the water.

My kittens get in the bath with me. It used to just be when it was filling up and they'd get out once it started getting deeper, but now Kiska will get in even if the water is up to her belly and last weekend she sat down too. They especially love it if you throw a ping pong ball in there for them.

They also love to put their head into your shoes. In fact, I think if I had bigger shoes they'd go the whole way and just climb inside.

Kiska squeaks when you pet her when she's sleepy.

If you rub Claude's back just above his tail then he rolls over on this back and crosses his front legs over waiting for a belly rub.
Reply 16
My dog sometimes just goes mental for no reason and starts running round the dining table, and jumping on and off the sofa.
One of my cats likes to smell flowers an groom the other cats in the house... (I have four) and another one likes to groom my mother's, my sister's and my own hair.
Another one likes to sleep in the cupboard under the stairs, and the last one goes mental when he sees snow and doesn't know what to do with himself. He eats it, rolls in it, runs away from it etc.

I have four equally strange cats xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
My horse is very lazy to put his head down to eat. So he eats at face value. LOL

And he likes to play hide and seek, but more hide. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Oh, also, my kitten steals all the sponges. We've tried hiding them in cupboards, under bowls, behind the towels in the bathroom...

She always manages to find and devour them. :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest