The Student Room Group

When was your first 'serious' girlfriend/boyfriend?

What age was your first serious girlfriend or boyfriend?
I'm a guy aged 19, and have never had a serious girlfriend - or even had sex yet.
I don't really see the point in 'sleeping around', because it always seems like it would end in attachment and just not end well.

My last 'girlfriend' was when i was 11 - and of course that wasn't serious in anyway, they were the days when holding hands was a big deal.
I am at sixth form still, but there are no girls i like in that way.

So, what age did you have your first boyfriend/girlfriend and where did you meet him/her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was 16 when I first met him and 17 when we got together.
We met at work - in a restaurant.
I'm 19 and in the same boat. Guess it happens with it happens. *shrug* You're definitely not the only one, though. Jus' sayin.
I wouldn't say I have had a serious boyfriend, I have been with quite a few people but not really long term... I am just waiting for the right person to come along (hope that happens). I'm 18. I was last with someone a few weeks ago. Have met a few people who don't want serious relationships unfortunately :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I was 16 when we started going out. I knew him through friends since I was 13 and he liked me for years, but I only saw him as a friend. Needless to say, the tables turned and I fell in love with him. He broke my heart :frown:
Reply 5
Reply 6
Fecking none - 18 here, I keep missing the 'moment' as I'm fairly sure im ****e at reading signs - pretty sure i pissed off the other person pretty bad :frown:
late starter :ahee:

22 when i first clapped eyes on him;and just turned 23 when we became a couple
define "serious". Longest relationship I had prior to meeting my husband only lasted 6 weeks. It felt serious at the time, but ffs it was only six sodding weeks.

Met my husband at 17, I'm going to be 28 next month, so I'm gonna say this is essentially my first serious relationship.
Original post by TheDubs
Fecking none - 18 here, I keep missing the 'moment' as I'm fairly sure im ****e at reading signs - pretty sure i pissed off the other person pretty bad :frown:

Just get a slag drunk on a night out, real love there.
Reply 10
17 was my 1st but lasted til I turned 19 so I guess it can be called 'serious'
(edited 12 years ago)
No one yet :frown:
Never. Forever alone :emo:

lots of casual liasons though :ahee:
Reply 13
By serious, i usually mean it as someone you would introduce to your parents etc.
I was very bored in the end. Wasn't very nice to him.
16. Didn't last as long as I thought it would though - 6 months.
Met him through a friend.

Glad to be single again. You don't really appreciate how nice being single is until after your first relationship..
(edited 12 years ago)
Properly was probably 14. Was with her for two years.
Reply 17
I was 16. We're still together now :smile: We've been together for 2 years, which is both our longest relationship.
I'm 19, I've had a few casual relationships, but no serious ones yet.
I was 14 and he was 16, we were together over two years :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending