The Student Room Group

Why are people scared of chavs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well its probably to leave in one piece, thye walk around with knifes and crap and have no idea what they are doing, so unless you want to pay with your life
Original post by Moontoon
Yeah that's awful mate.
The annoying thing is, get one of these chavs on his/her own away from their gang and their nothing.
Suddenly they loose all confidence and don't say a word.

Exactly, one on one these chavs are far from intimidating, but place them in a group/gang and suddenly they all become "badmans" lol. I've seen this plenty of times back in secondary school, I guess they're just ****ing cowards.
Because they look like lowly scums resembling that of at the bottom of my pond.

Not that I've been picked on by them that often but my Chinese Cousin got called a Paki by them, how stupid can you get.
Reply 23
That's disgusting, i feel for you. Where do you live?
In that case, i completely understand to be honest.
There's a few times chavs have said "what you looking at" to me, unfortunately i didn't feel up to reacting - so i just walked on by.

Times like that i wish i was 6'5 and built like this dude :

Clearly moontoon is talking about proper chavs... the ones with a real social disposition. In which case you being built like that guy would make hardly any difference if you rub them up the wrong way...
Reply 24
Original post by Damio92
Clearly moontoon is talking about proper chavs... the ones with a real social disposition. In which case you being built like that guy would make hardly any difference if you rub them up the wrong way...

I'm pretty sure it would make a difference.
They don't bother me because chances are they're cowards anyway, if you live in an area like I do you get used to them pretty quickly. I can totally understand why people feel intimidated though, especially if young children or elderly people are around. It's best to avoid the problem rather than risk something bad happening.
Original post by ChampEon
People aren't scared of chavs. They just avoid talking to them or being around them because chavs tend to be uneducated, violent and morally bankrupt. Also there's usually a high chance they're BNP supporters/racists so non-whites must take extra precaution.

Well I know some non White chavs but yeah they are all of the above, bar supporting the BNP but they do tend to be racist
Reply 27
Because they're idiots and can't deal with people earning below 50k because they're DANGEROUS and will take all your money.
Original post by sammy-lou
I think it's sad that people who dress a certain way and hang out in certain places get tarred with the same brush a lot of the time.
It may not occur to some people that the local 'chavs' may dress in that way because it's cheap and practical; may hang out on streets at night because there isn't much else for them to do.
I get that a chavs often do cause trouble, and if you feel intmidated by them then faaaair enough - cross the road and save yourself the agro haha. I just think it's unfortunate that society's got to that point where these people are so often avoided and judged

you can tell when there's a group of them looking for trouble, you can spot it a mile off.
Reply 29
Original post by Damio92

Haha, i am pretty sure it would make some sort of difference - unless weapons are involved of course
Reply 30
Original post by Damio92

It definitely would make a difference.

Unless by chavs you mean guys with guns etc, which are much worse than chavs.
I'm not scared of chavs
Original post by Damio92

If you carried yourself right, of course a group of chavs would be afraid of you, its the only way to communicate to animalistic packs of people --> brawn and violence
Because they KILL!
Original post by HowlingMadMurdz

Original post by HowlingMadMurdz
Because they KILL!

lol
Original post by _music<3
I think people cross the road to avoid the hurl of abuse chavs seem to love giving anyone who passes by, even during the daytime, would you believe it...those fearless creatures.

This. Seriously don't like it when jackasses dish out insults for no good reason. Granted, the last time that happened to me was a year ago, when some dude in a group on the bus blew smoke in my face. That didn't end well for either of us.
Why are so many people scared/intimidated by chavs? I guess intimidated is a better term!
For example, if there is a group of chavs sitting around on the side on the street - many people would cross the road or do their best to avoid them.
I can understand it at night or in a closed off area, but not in town during the day etc!

As it seems what chavs want, is for you to feel intimidated.

Just wondering! :smile:

In my book, this is the definition of chav:
A violent, aggressive and unintelligent lifeform. A tendency to be nocturnal and congregate in groups, especially near sources of light, heat or alcohol (preferably all three). Prone to, if not in fact defined by, a tendency to attack (verbally in almost all cases, and also physically in many) any non-chav lifeforms passing through their designated 'territory'. When isolated from the group and/or when out in the sun, their attributes may be reduced in intensity, but are still very prone to random verbal abuse and overly loud or attention-seeking behaviour in front of non-chav lifeforms. They are commonly (but not necessarily) dressed in a similar form of clothing, often sportswear/tracksuits and/or very short or revealing clothing in females.

I think the correct question is why *wouldn't* you be scared of this? I'm an instinctive animal, and it doesn't take many trials to be conditioned into fearing a potentially dangerous lifeform. Anyone who claims otherwise either has a different definition of chav (perfectly possible), or is trying to sound hardcore.
Reply 37
Original post by sammy-lou
I think it's sad that people who dress a certain way and hang out in certain places get tarred with the same brush a lot of the time.
It may not occur to some people that the local 'chavs' may dress in that way because it's cheap and practical; may hang out on streets at night because there isn't much else for them to do.
I get that a chavs often do cause trouble, and if you feel intmidated by them then faaaair enough - cross the road and save yourself the agro haha. I just think it's unfortunate that society's got to that point where these people are so often avoided and judged

I honestly couldn't care less if i was wrongly judging these people. I'd rather be safe than sorry - too many times have i been close to danger from these chavs that i'd rather keep away from anyone who looks like that. It doesn't matter to me whether they are like that or not but i'd rather worry about myself at times like that. And society's got to this point because the majority of these chavs actually do act like idiots.
Original post by JongKey
I honestly couldn't care less if i was wrongly judging these people. I'd rather be safe than sorry - too many times have i been close to danger from these chavs that i'd rather keep away from anyone who looks like that. It doesn't matter to me whether they are like that or not but i'd rather worry about myself at times like that. And society's got to this point because the majority of these chavs actually do act like idiots.

that's exactly what I said - "if you feel intimidated cross the street" or words to that effect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending