The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wants me to get fit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NuclearFusion
Any girl who is shallow enough to think about leaving someone just because of putting on some weight (through no direct fault of their own), is not worth being with.

lol, I'm sorry, but I told my husband before we got married if he got fat, I'd leave him (he was cool with this). I don't care how shallow it is, I'm not going to be with a sloppy, physically unkempt person because it shows laziness of character. Physical attraction is a very real thing, and a relationship does not survive without it.

edit to add: I'd not let myself get fat either, and wouldn't expect him to accept it from me, either.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Onlyboyintheworld
Hi, firstly this is on behalf of my best mate. Hes 18 years old. He has been going out with the same girl since they were 15 and it was all going well till recently. My mate is 5 foot 9 inches tall average build and used to be a slender 11 stone 7 and had a lean 31'' waist. Sadly though he was involved in an accident which left him off work for 6 months, and in a wheelchair. ( He has recoved fully now) During that time however he gained weight. He now weighs a hefty 13 stone 7 pounds and his waist has increased to 36''. His girl friend says she doesnt find him attractive now and is threatening to leave him. He says he's happy with his body. What should he do ? Is he overweight ? Should he dump her ? Is she right ?

She is right.
If "he" looked like that when they first met, then she would not have dated him.
Therefore, either cut the fat or break up.
Original post by Alux
Become zyzz

dump her

plan?

become zyzz

zyzz

u mirin brah

this x1000
Original post by kingkongjaffa
become zyzz

zyzz

u mirin brah

this x1000

alright... its time to talk 1 on 1 with every1 here,

listen carefully brah's....

THIS IS A REVOLUTION!
Reply 24
Original post by kingkongjaffa
become zyzz

zyzz

u mirin brah

this x1000

Die naked in a sauna after an evening with a Thai ladyboy?

I may have added the last part :mmm:
Original post by Steevee

Good job, Dave man. :sexface:
Reply 26
Original post by Aack
My advice for your mate:

1) Get aids
2) Loose weight
3) Give her aids

That's horrible but it made me laugh so hard :rofl:

to the OP: just lose some weight, not only the relationship with your girlfriend but even your health will greatly benefit from it :wink:
Original post by Steevee

Dont be hating on zyzz, with an academic info like this..

GCSE

A*AAAAAAAABB

B's in English.

AS Level

A - History
C - Physics
D- Chemistry

you have a long way to go brother.
HATERS GON HATE.
Reply 28
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
Dont be hating on zyzz, with an academic info like this..

GCSE

A*AAAAAAAABB

B's in English.

AS Level

A - History
C - Physics
D- Chemistry

you have a long way to go brother.
HATERS GON HATE.

Hatin' on him? People like you do make me chuckle :mmm:
He has no reason to be happy with his body, he should try to return to his pre-accident weight.
The gf is rubbish, just leave him instead of threatening him.
Reply 30
Original post by dontbejelbereem

haters gon hate.

potatoes gon potate.
'mirers gon 'mire.
Reply 31
Original post by Alux
Become zyzz

dump her

plan?

Lol this...train and look great, then upgrade.
Reply 32
Original post by sarahoo
lol, I'm sorry, but I told my husband before we got married if he got fat, I'd leave him (he was cool with this). I don't care how shallow it is, I'm not going to be with a sloppy, physically unkempt person because it shows laziness of character. Physical attraction is a very real thing, and a relationship does not survive without it.

edit to add: I'd not let myself get fat either, and wouldn't expect him to accept it from me, either.

Wow some people are soo superficial. Ok i understand that it is the attration when you first meet but when you are married surely that becomes less important too you? I mean i know i wouldnt be happy if my partner gained a huuuge amount of weight simply as it is not looking after herself but i wouldnt threaten to leave them because of it. So what happend if your husband managed to get a big scar on his body or lost all his hair or something, would you leave him to because the physical attraction has been affected?
Reply 33
If she's threatened to dump you if you don't get fit, forget her.
Reply 34
No one wants to be with someone that is a mess. Why should someone stay with someone they don't find physically attractive?...oh just so they don't get called 'superficial' by fuglies on TSR.
If he's happy then she should accept it; if she can't accept it then he should leave her - there's no point in staying with someone who is only happy if you look good. Simples.
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
alright... its time to talk 1 on 1 with every1 here,

listen carefully brah's....

THIS IS A REVOLUTION!

I though you wrote bras when I first read this :redface:
Original post by Steevee

who wouldnt want to die naked in a sauna
?
Reply 38
Original post by Steevee
Hatin' on him? People like you do make me chuckle :mmm:

u mad?
Reply 39
Original post by f1mad
potatoes gon potate.
'mirers gon 'mire.

son of zeus