The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure he's not telling the truth.
Reply 2
I've heard (third hand n all, so not hard fact) that E&Y pay near the 35k for new CF grads. Not sure of the truth of that, but at 600pw for an intern, they'd be on more than most/all big4 grads....so i doubt it. LOL, they'd be on more than most current 2nd year KPMG auditors too!
Reply 3
They said in the pack that I received that interns last year earned (on ave.) £290 p/w, so I expect to be getting about that. BTW, I'm doing Actuarial (AIMS) at Edinburgh. Hope this helps.
Bigcnee
£290 p/w

Not quite £600!! :wink:
Reply 5
Friend is doing internship at E&Y CF and is getting 380 a week - similar to PwC and Deloitte (Deloitte actually pay a bit more)
Reply 6
A friend doing PwC tax summer internship and is on 24k pro rata which works out at about £460 per week. Similar pay for KPMG audit. Both in London offices.
Reply 7
Right; im not sure about internship figures but deloittes pay structure works out approx:

£25k-26k Audit
£26k-27k Tax
£30k CF
£32k Consulting (+£3000 Signing on bonus)

As for summer internships; im not sure, but as a scholar im on a basic salery of £19300 (Pro-Rated obviously)
Reply 8
£600 per week, thats nearly as much as Ben and I will be getting :smile:
Reply 9
lol show off!:p:
portugal
lol show off!:p:

Well, most of the banks this summer are 700 including the accomodation package. You're also unlikely to use your paid holiday so you get a few notes to add-on.

Barcap wasn't at that joint meeting and are 800 if I remember correctly...?
I was pleasantly surprised when they said that I would get a weeks holiday. So In theory, I can take 10% of my time working there off, and if I dont, I get paid another weeks wages. I can't really argue with that.
Hmm, you're in IBD... your weeks are 7 days long, not 5 :wink:
President_Ben
Hmm, you're in IBD... your weeks are 7 days long, not 5 :wink:

thanks for that sad, but true fact. I'm going to miss watching the footy on a saturday afternoon. I'm sure you understand my point though!
I heard Barcap is £39k pro rated + £1k accomodation or something silly (works out at £850/week if you can cash in the accomodation). I think we need to start a new paygrid on ibtalk
Olek
I heard Barcap is £39k pro rated + £1k accomodation or something silly (works out at £850/week if you can cash in the accomodation). I think we need to start a new paygrid on ibtalk

Only for what they have defined as front office (which includes what most places rule as more middle office).

Definitely time for a new pay grid... that said, I'm told the banks are pretty uniform because most them colluded decided they didn't want to lose an intern who was right for them over some little sum like £1000.
I love that, institutions of free marketeering at their highest. Yet they still (allegedly) fix standardise the price of labour....
Legendary
Reply 17
It's the most capitalist thing possible, cartels. Well, that and monopolising, which isn't possible in this case. Shed loads more than I'm getting though. I'm loosing £2k by choosing FSA over CS, and that's including the week extra I'm working. Principles have gone up in price since I last had to make a decision :frown:
It's pedantic, but collusion is expected. Game theory has and still revolutionises a great deal about microeconomics.
Drogue
It's the most capitalist thing possible, cartels. Well, that and monopolising, which isn't possible in this case. Shed loads more than I'm getting though. I'm loosing £2k by choosing FSA over CS, and that's including the week extra I'm working. Principles have gone up in price since I last had to make a decision :frown:

A cartel is effectively a monopoly (with production split according to your production function blah blah blah).

In theory, you get Unions to act as the balance (monopoly versus monospony reachs the competitive market equilibrium) - but Unions aren't very good cartels (ie. they're c*** at it).

Have to say, I'm surprised to see you waver... maybe you're just more headstrong after drinks :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending