Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm planning on taking:
    -Maths
    -Chemistry
    -Physics
    -Biology

I've already got an A* in Maths and I'm almost certain I've got an A* in Physics and Chemistry and then an A in Biology.

I'm just wondering would this be too much work for me? And also do they compliment each other? AND I'm looking for a career in a chemistry field either chemical engineering or pharmaceutics so would these help me for those university courses?

Thanks!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Solid options.

If you can handle the workload I suggest picking up Further Maths
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't become a chemist
    Pick english lit, philosophy, history and french and become an interesting human
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No one can tell you what subjects to take, only you can decide that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanbolton94)
    -Maths
    -Chemistry
    -Physics
    -Biology

I've already got an A* in Maths and I'm almost certain I've got an A* in Physics and Chemistry and then an A in Biology.

I'm just wondering would this be too much work for me? And also do they compliment each other? AND I'm looking for a career in a chemistry field either chemical engineering or pharmaceutics so would these help me for those university courses?

Thanks!
    >Maths
    >Further Maths
    >Additional Further Maths
    >Chemistry
    >Biology
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanbolton94)
    -Maths
    -Chemistry
    -Physics
    -Biology

Thanks!

You've got the right subjects

but DON'T take your GCSE results as an indication of how well you'll do at a-level
    Definitely DO NOT do this!

Only do a subject you WANT to do and will enjoy, not because you're good at it, it will backfire half way through your a-levels and you'll deeply regret it.

If you love doing them subjects and will have motivation to do it for 2 years then yeah go for it!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by see-are)
    Don't become a chemist
    Pick english lit, philosophy, history and french and become an interesting human
    Why would you say that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgorYakov)
    You've got the right subjects

but DON'T take your GCSE results as an indication of how well you'll do at a-level
    Definitely DO NOT do this!

Only do a subject you WANT to do and will enjoy, not because you're good at it, it will backfire half way through your a-levels and you'll deeply regret it.

If you love doing them subjects and will have motivation to do it for 2 years then yeah go for it!
    yeh i enjoy all these subjects and im determined to work hard!thank you,and thanks everyone else!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Why would you say that?
    just a bit of friendly advice , chill out, dont **** yourself, calm down, woah, take a breather
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by see-are)
    just a bit of friendly advice , chill out, dont **** yourself, calm down, woah, take a breather
    What a strange post.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck if you want to be a pharmacist cos you'll be competing with me;

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 21, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.