The Student Room Group

How do I go about applying for a job at Tesco?

I'm looking for a part-time job at Tesco and I've heard that you have to apply online but I can't find a form to download. However, I've looked on other sites and have found a form from 2008 but I'm wary of using it as it's 4 years old. Advice please? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Walk in and show them that you know the 2 times table and you'll easily get a job.

http://www.tesco-careers.com/jobsearch.cfm

You have to search for a job.
Original post by Add!ction

http://stores.tesco-careers.com should be the website. Otherwise you may have to go into your local store, and ask for an application there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CJG21
Walk in and show them that you know the 2 times table and you'll easily get a job.

It's much tougher than you think - especially when you consider the number of unemployed people seeking work; employers like Tesco can get much more for the minimum wage.
Show them that you can do the job. Go into the store, be rude to the customers, drop things on the floor, mislabel and misprice items and you'll be in for sure.
Reply 5
I've searched on the website but there are no vacancies for the Tesco store I want but my friends are always getting jobs there so there must be vacancies. I was really wondering whether anyone could point me in the direction of an application form that they know is the most relevant.
Original post by Banishingboredom
Show them that you can do the job. Go into the store, be rude to the customers, drop things on the floor, mislabel and misprice items and you'll be in for sure.

It's a shame I've used up all my rep.

Excellent. +1
Reply 7
Original post by Banishingboredom

Well if you talk like this to the staff I'm not surprised they're rude to you. Pardon them for being human!
Reply 8
They didn't advertise for the job that I managed to get there. They never advertise for part time jobs and only the manager jobs are online. Go to the customer services in the store and hand in a CV. I got an application from a career fair and also handed that in. So ask for an application and if they don't have one just give in a CV but make clear what hours you can work on your CV. Hope this helps :smile: and Tescos isn't minimum wage and quite good pay for my age! X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by McMedic
They didn't advertise for the job that I managed to get there. They never advertise for part time jobs and only the manager jobs are online. Go to the customer services in the store and hand in a CV. I got an application from a career fair and also handed that in. So ask for an application and if they don't have one just give in a CV but make clear what hours you can work on your CV. Hope this helps :smile: and Tescos isn't minimum wage and quite good pay for my age! X

Thats odd.. the Tesco near me refuse to accept CVs, they tell you to look on the notice board for vacancies and say that they can only hand out or accept application forms when there are jobs available. And just to confuse people further, the notice board says to check online for vacancies. :confused: :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by vls
Thats odd.. the Tesco near me refuse to accept CVs, they tell you to look on the notice board for vacancies and say that they can only hand out or accept application forms when there are jobs available. And just to confuse people further, the notice board says to check online for vacancies. :confused: :frown:

Omg that's so annoying! I know people who have got a job there by just handing in there CVs as they just pass it on to the personnel manager! They hardly ever advertise in Tescos ad any vacancies are usually put next to the managers door in the staff room so you can't see it! It does help if you know someone that can tell you if any are advertised there. Apparently the application form can be printed off from the Internet? That's annoying they won't take CVs but I suppose the really big city stores must get loads if CVs and the application form tells them what they want to know.

Reply 11
Original post by McMedic
Omg that's so annoying! I know people who have got a job there by just handing in there CVs as they just pass it on to the personnel manager! They hardly ever advertise in Tescos ad any vacancies are usually put next to the managers door in the staff room so you can't see it! It does help if you know someone that can tell you if any are advertised there. Apparently the application form can be printed off from the Internet? That's annoying they won't take CVs but I suppose the really big city stores must get loads if CVs and the application form tells them what they want to know.

I know, it's really frustrating. I shop there regularly and have never heard of a vacancy. I did find a broken link to the Tesco application form a while back so I'm not sure if you can still print it off.

And I know someone who walked into their local Tesco and asked if there was any jobs about; he was told to come in for his first shift the next day. No interview or anything :frown: He probably just got lucky though. :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by vls
I know, it's really frustrating. I shop there regularly and have never heard of a vacancy. I did find a broken link to the Tesco application form a while back so I'm not sure if you can still print it off.

And I know someone who walked into their local Tesco and asked if there was any jobs about; he was told to come in for his first shift the next day. No interview or anything :frown: He probably just got lucky though. :tongue:

Ahh :frown: have you tried asking in your store about the application form? Try and ask for the personnel manager.

Omg that's ridiculous! Hahaha! I think sometimes luck is needed in these situations!

Reply 13
Original post by McMedic
Ahh :frown: have you tried asking in your store about the application form? Try and ask for the personnel manager.

Omg that's ridiculous! Hahaha! I think sometimes luck is needed in these situations!

Asking for the manager might be a good idea. I don't know, I've heard they recruit from within a lot, not sure if this is true. :frown:
Reply 14
tagged
Reply 15
Good for you
Reply 16
LOL:smile:
:frown:
Reply 17
Go in and ask
Reply 18
What is better in azda or tesco
Reply 19
Try indeed.com, as they usually advertise part-time customer assistant jobs from Tesco. They'll make you take a small test before applying, but it's pretty straight-forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending