The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

once in a GCSE French exam I wanted to say "a cup of coffee" but forgot that should be "un cafe" instead tried to say "une tasse du cafe" but ended up saying "un tas du cafe": a heap of coffee! :redface:
Hi first just want to intoduce myself because im new here. Im taking my GCSE exams at the moment my subjects are History, Maths, English lit/lang, Science Double award, Leisure and Tourism, Food tech and Business and communication systems. I took GCSE Art and Design 2yrs early and got a B and i took AS Level Art and Design last year and got a C....so i dropped it. Anyways quite a lot of funny mistakes but i have one that i think is the best yet. well my friend was doing her mock French speaking test and her mind went blank in the middle of it and she said s*** and started to cry...bless her. She laughed about it afterwards so that was ok and in the real thing she got a B well done!!
Reply 42
Haha, you guys are hilarious. The worst I've ever done is write 'For in the image of God has he mad man' in my R.S. Essay.
Apparently, there was a joke going around my school for ages and most people have gone through it, but I was new and innocent...

Someone told me that DoctorBates (my teacher) was given a title Master, but that he doesn't like using it. So I say in a crowded common room:

What, like MasterBates? :redface:

Oh dear. Of course there was no such title.
Reply 44
in one of the french tests in yr7/8 one of my friends wrote 'my dog is dead under the table' instead of 'my dog is asleep under the table!' she got a lot of red question marks on her paper!
Reply 45
It's in oral exams that all the best mistakes are made!

I have a friend who managed to say that her favourite food is clothes in her French oral. I've got an annoying tendency to make up words (I normally stick an ar, ante, or an o, onto the end of the English word, which always fetches funny looks from teachers.

Worst mistake was preparing for my Spanish oral, when I meant to answer a question with 'Los gobiernos tendrían miedo', (the governements would be afraid). Instead, after managing to make a masculine word feminine, then trying to get 'miedo' to agree (which it doesn't need to), I wrote 'Las gobiernas tendrían mierda' (the governments would have ****). It came back with several thick black pen marks through the word...
Reply 46
GordonP
My mate managed to say that he likes his toast with condoms in his french speaking.

Easily done.... Our teacher apparently did this in France.

In a psychology essay I had to give some research evidence which was about homophobics, and at one point I wrote homophonics. :rolleyes: (If you do music, you'll get that...)
in year 8 or something i had a textiles homework, and i got my older friend to send me hers because she'd done the same thing before. luckily i noticed before i handed it in that she changed 'bobbin' to 'boobie' :biggrin:

and another time my friend was pissed off because the science teacher moved her and made her do an exam when everyone else was doing a practical, so for a question that said something like "where did the carbon dioxide go" she wrote "it ran away" and drew a stick person hehe.
on the whiteboard the teachers write 'classwork' in the top left hand corner (or 'homework', depending on what they want you to copy. anyway...)

can you guess which two letters of 'classwork' get rubbed off the board at the start of just about every lesson? :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hmm, during the AS English Lit. exam, on the 'Wuthering Heights' paper, I wrote that "Heathcliff was utterly distraught..."

Unfortunately I didn't write that at all. The word that seemed to flow naturally from my hand was not "distraught," but in fact "butterly." So the death of Cathy actually made poor Heathcliff "utterly butterly."

The worst part of that was that I only spotted in during my check over when the teacher was going round collecting the papers. I tried one of those frantic whispered reasonings with the teacher, but to no avail. She is perhaps the school's most severe teacher, and snatched the paper away with a curt "nope. Time's up!"

Well, I got an A overall anyway. No thanks to that. This is what TV does to your mind.
Reply 50
Way back in high school english class we were reading, 'Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh'. My friend was reading aloud and unfortunately read "Mrs Frisby gave Justin a wink", as " Mrs Frisby gave Justin a w**k"

I also told my boyfriend once that i had eaten Squid testicles, when in fat i had meant tenticles.

English is rubbish
Reply 51
I should re-read my comments before I post them....

fat = fact.... just to let you know
Reply 52
Anthony Arundel
Hmm, during the AS English Lit. exam, on the 'Wuthering Heights' paper, I wrote that "Heathcliff was utterly distraught..."

Unfortunately I didn't write that at all. The word that seemed to flow naturally from my hand was not "distraught," but in fact "butterly." So the death of Cathy actually made poor Heathcliff "utterly butterly."

The worst part of that was that I only spotted in during my check over when the teacher was going round collecting the papers. I tried one of those frantic whispered reasonings with the teacher, but to no avail. She is perhaps the school's most severe teacher, and snatched the paper away with a curt "nope. Time's up!"

Well, I got an A overall anyway. No thanks to that. This is what TV does to your mind.

:rofl: I wonder what the examiner thought when he or she read that!
Reply 53
Not a slipup, but I ended up singing in my German GCSE Oral. The song was "Moo, moo, moo, ich bin eine Kuh." (Oh gosh, only after writing it down do I realise how crazy I must've sounded)

My German teacher is a bit of a joker...in lessons when we practise oral conversations, whenever he asks about going on holiday, I always come out with the anecdote of flying with Lufthansa, and saying I enjoyed it because they had German kids' songs. Then demonstrate. He asked me the exact same question in the oral, "Warum fliegst du gern?". I answered like I always do.

How do examiners remark to a bit of grammatically correct craziness?
Reply 54
Apparently, there was a joke going around my school for ages and most people have gone through it, but I was new and innocent...

Someone told me that DoctorBates (my teacher) was given a title Master, but that he doesn't like using it. So I say in a crowded common room:

What, like MasterBates?

Haha we have the exact same thing at our school...
Reply 55
tanusha-tomsk

What, like MasterBates? :redface:

Oh yeah, someone I know has the surname Bates. Anyway, a rather traditionally-minded supply teacher, on reading the register declared 'Master Bates', completely ignorant to the fact that he'd just made one of the most notorious gaffes ever, in front of a class of rather overexcited Y8s.
One of my friends wanted to say 'My mother is very nice' in her GCSE French mock, but unfortunately came out with 'My mother is very easy...' Even after being corrected in front of the class after the mocks, she then managed to do it again in her final exam- apparently the French teacher just gave her a look of absolute despair!
Reply 57
Jimjamjamio
When writing a history essay on Stalins purges. I wrote "Finally half of the commissioned officer corps, 35 000 in total were either imprisoned or ****."

Fortionatly for me the teacher assumed i meant shot and didn't notice it though when i got it back and read it again i realised i had put this, good job the teacher didnt realise. Why put the i and the o right next to each other on a keyboard? Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Fetch this man a Perrier. (So I might then proceed to throw it in his face.)
Reply 58
When I was writing my Edexcel Politics exam I mixed up STV voting system with AMV. Big mistake. Still very gittery about it.
Reply 59
I have a sickening feeling that, in my A2 English Literature exam last Monday, instead of writing about Terry Jones's interpretation of The Knight in Chaucer's General Prologue, I wrote about 'Tom Jones's disputed view of the Knight as a mercenary...'

If I did that, I'm really hoping the examiner has a.) a sense of humour or b.) an understanding nature.

Latest

Trending

Trending