The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by kathryn25t
awesome! mine was AAB but I think that was cause I do other sciency subjects (biology and maths) which apparantly they like?? what was yours? I really really hope that come results day I manage to scrape the grades so I can go to York!!

What college are you thinking of applying to? I'm leaning towards James atm, primarily because it's only 5 mins away from the psychology department (I'm thinking of the 9:15 lectures!!)

Mine is also AAB as i do psychology maths and biology too! They must like that combination :P Im fairly confident i will have the grades i need, but its still nerve wracking!
I'm thinking James (as its so close) or the nicer bits of Vanbrugh (because of the music stuff) plus they're also really the only places on campus that are self catered , ensuite , and are still supposed to be sociable!
University of York
York
What are the Fresher's Week dates?

How helpful would you say is to have a Laptop to use during your seminars and lectures?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi,

Has any one else received offers yet for Applied Social Science (Children and Young People), Just want to know if anyone else has had an offer and to get to know some others on the course :smile:
Reply 1383
Original post by kathryn25t
Firmed york for psychology!

Finally finished A levels yesterday now just praying that I get the grades - 56 days until results!!

Anyone else doing psychology??

I've also firmed for psychology, AAB- (chemistry, maths and biology). Would have done psychology, if they'd have offered it at my school. So I'm definitely into the science side of it! Hoping to get into James as well, it's just so close to psychology and has a good sporting reputation:smile:
Good luck to all. I firmed for politics at AAB, but I won't be going after a disastrous geography exam.
Reply 1385
Original post by emgeesify
York is my firm!!
Doing English Language and linguistics :smile:

Anyone else doing hoping to do that course at York??

I've firmed for English Language and linguistics too :biggrin:
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone's had an email from the uni since firming their offer?? I'm starting to get paranoid that they don't realise I'll be going there this year!
Original post by boredbeth13
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone's had an email from the uni since firming their offer?? I'm starting to get paranoid that they don't realise I'll be going there this year!

I didn't get any sort of welcoming or acknowledgement email. I have however just received an email admonishing me for not giving them my results yet- despite the fact I have yet to receive said results myself!

AFAIK, UoY doesn't give confirmations of accepting an offer.
Reply 1389

No email, but a nice letter :smile: but that was from the Chemistry department...what course did you firm for? :smile:
Original post by rashton
I've firmed for English Language and linguistics too :biggrin:

I've firmed English language and Linguistics too :smile::smile::smile:

I'm leaning towards vanbrugh
Reply 1391
Hey all :smile:

Gratz on offers! If you wanna chat with other firmers find our Facebook group.

Just search 'University of York Freshers 2013-14'. We're the 'official York freshers facebook group for 2013-14'.

We're a closed group so just ask to join and one of the admins will accept.

Yeah, would post the link but I can't do I on iPod. Can't wait to chat with you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This only for UG or PG as well?
Original post by MantaRey
This only for UG or PG as well?

Both I think, there are a few postgraduates on there
Reply 1395
Hi... I'm a Psychology graduate and want to get rid of about 12 Psychology textbooks as I'm moving to Dubai in the Summer. PM me if you want a list? Will be a very cheap price for the bundle as I would just rather they be some use to somebody! I studied at University of York. xx
Hi everyone, i am waiting for my results from my HEFC exams. I have chosen York as my Firm and Northumbria as my insurance to study learning disability nursing ... So scared !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1397
Original post by abbiedeaks
I've firmed York for English and Linguistics combined! Hopefully I'll get the grades I'll need and then I'll be able to apply for Derwent College!

I've firmed for the same course :smile: applying for Vanbrugh College!
Anybody applied for psychology at york?
Reply 1399
Original post by Daniellejanay
Hi everyone, i am waiting for my results from my HEFC exams. I have chosen York as my Firm and Northumbria as my insurance to study learning disability nursing ... So scared !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

another nurse! :biggrin: which accommodation are you gonna apply for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending