The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

I'm in for Chemistry (Medicinal and Biological) as my firm choice, so happy! :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Sharpeyj
Me! :biggrin: Which college are you thinking of applying for? I'm not sure where the normal place for biologists is!

Don't let your department decide your college :smile: If proximity's really important for you, James and Vanbrugh are the closest to Biology (Donald Barron and Barbara Scott courts in the new side of Vanbrugh are the closest you can get without being a postgrad) but it's still no more than a 10 minute relaxed walk from anywhere on the West campus. Halifax would be about 15 minutes, and the bus from Hes East runs every 10-15 minutes for free and stops right outside Donald Barron/Barbara Scott. Watch the video for more info :smile:
Original post by when she was 22
Yaay I'm in :biggrin: so excited! Linguistics anyone?

I'm doing English language and linguistics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1583
Original post by Vanderdecken
Don't let your department decide your college :smile: If proximity's really important for you, James and Vanbrugh are the closest to Biology (Donald Barron and Barbara Scott courts in the new side of Vanbrugh are the closest you can get without being a postgrad) but it's still no more than a 10 minute relaxed walk from anywhere on the West campus. Halifax would be about 15 minutes, and the bus from Hes East runs every 10-15 minutes for free and stops right outside Donald Barron/Barbara Scott. Watch the video for more info :smile:

Thanks for this!! It isn't really, I think I'd rather be a bit further away so I can escape hehe, I just wondered if biologists tend to conglomerate somewhere!
Original post by CrusaderMkII
I got in too! Hurrah! Now I can get on with worrying about making friends, keeping up academically and, more importantly, people stealing my food (if I go self-catered).

Also I can't find a history reading list, I feel like I should be cramming in preparation.

Have a look around this link - they are uploading bits https://www.york.ac.uk/students/welcome/studies/preparing/ Well done to everyone who got in.
Original post by emgeesify
I'm doing English language and linguistics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nice! I'll probably see you in the Linguistics lectures then :smile:
Reply 1586
Original post by Sharpeyj
Me! :biggrin: Which college are you thinking of applying for? I'm not sure where the normal place for biologists is!

Woo! Hoping to get Alcuin - I like the type of accommodation and location of the college :smile:. What are you thinking?
Reply 1587
in for computer science! :smile: Cannot wait to come to York! I want to be on Hes East but dont know whether to go for Langwith or Goodricke
Original post by apsiringlaw
I got in for law :badger: :biggrin:

Original post by atropineZeppelin
Got in for Law! :biggrin: Hopefully see some of you guys there!

Same!
Got into York to study History and Politics, still can't quite believe it! Can't wait to get started! :smile:
Original post by Hicky
what's your name? i probably know you

I'm a big fan of my anonymity on TSR, sorry! Who're you? PM me?
Reply 1591
English Language and Linguistics anyone? Congratulations to all who got in <3
Original post by Presh_13
in for computer science! :smile: Cannot wait to come to York! I want to be on Hes East but dont know whether to go for Langwith or Goodricke

Goodricke's slightly closer to the CS building, and you won't have to walk over the big windy Central Vista in winter, but Langwith is newer accommodation and has the Glasshouse (student union bar). What's important to you about where you live? See if the video Guide to Colleges helps.
I got in for computer science with a year in industry. I'm hoping to apply for accommodation at Goodricke.
Original post by MTI
ahhhh in for chemistry!! so happy! any other official York chemists about? and congrats to everyone!! :biggrin:

p.s anyone have the link for the freshers group on fb?

I've got my firm place for chemistry aswell !!! So exciting - do you think there's a particular college that people doing chemistry apply for ??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1595
Original post by pixiedust1
I've got my firm place for chemistry aswell !!! So exciting - do you think there's a particular college that people doing chemistry apply for ??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

yay congrats! will be seeing you in September! :biggrin: from what iv heard a lot of chemists go for Alcuin or Derwent. im going to try and get into James, do you know which college you want to be in?
Got in for Politics! So Happy! anyone else doing the course?
Reply 1597
Has anybody else actually got in to do Physics? I've only seen one other poster in this thread saying they applied and that was a while ago :tongue:

Planning on applying for St. Lawrence court in Halifax, those big 20 person houses seem good. Nice shower-people ratio and unlikely to dislike all of your housemates :tongue:
Original post by comporhys
Got in for Politics! So Happy! anyone else doing the course?

I have :smile:
Original post by TMcn
Has anybody else actually got in to do Physics? I've only seen one other poster in this thread saying they applied and that was a while ago :tongue:

Planning on applying for St. Lawrence court in Halifax, those big 20 person houses seem good. Nice shower-people ratio and unlikely to dislike all of your housemates :tongue:

I was in St Lawrence doing Physics, it's a nice walk/cycle to the department and a good distance to the pub. The houses were 10 people each when I was there (2009, they've knocked through the pairs since then and completely stripped them out and refurbished), enjoy your plastic-lined kitchens :P And be thankful you don't have our disgusting showers any more, they were like being on a boat... you have flashy glass and chrome **** now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending