The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by ed-
Applied for premium ensuit in Vanbrugh. Didn't realise these were only 35 week lets so I've been stuck between there and Alcuin for about 10 mins (sorry for holding the queue up)

i was also looking to book for that, im pretty sure when i looked, House A were offering 40 week lets? ive not been able to long on so now im pessimistic as to whether id get it :frown:
University of York
York
Well apparently even if you crash you keep your place in the queue. So I'd laugh if there hasn't been any crash, and instead the hold up's been caused by someone who's left themselves logged in and forgotten to finalise their booking.
Reply 1782
Anyone else like me, been refreshing since 8am and not even been able to login yet?
Plenty of us I'm afraid. I suppose at least we're on TSR. I know if I wasn't talking to others in the same boat I'd be panicking massively.
Reply 1784
genuinely think this is going to take us all day, cancel all plans :biggrin:
Reply 1785
I'm not sure of the accuracy of this but my friend is telling me almost all of the self-catered en-suite rooms are gone, might be some left in Alcuin but other than that nothing. This could be completely untrue but if you were counting on one of those I'd advise making some backups.
According to the FB page,they're seeing some movement in the queue... of course, that's not particularly helpful to those who can't even get into it!
Reply 1787
Original post by J-science
I just want to make sure I at least get an en suite :P. I'm hoping to get into James , but I'm not really sure what to have as a back up, maybe alcuin or vanbrugh. I'm studying chemistry also

hi! :smile: im also thinking alcuin or vanbrugh as back up, probably see you in September then woo chemistry! :biggrin:
Reply 1788
Original post by MIO14
i was also looking to book for that, im pretty sure when i looked, House A were offering 40 week lets? ive not been able to long on so now im pessimistic as to whether id get it :frown:

Under 40 week let I only had catered options I think :/
I' glad I came on here otherwise I would be panicking. I just wish I could get into the queue, I've been trying since eight
Reply 1790
Original post by masonc
Anyone else like me, been refreshing since 8am and not even been able to login yet?
yes! its so frustrating!!

Original post by CrusaderMkII
Plenty of us I'm afraid. I suppose at least we're on TSR. I know if I wasn't talking to others in the same boat I'd be panicking massively.
same! still am kinda when i see people who have managed to log in but have 1300 people in front :s-smilie:

Original post by MIO14
genuinely think this is going to take us all day, cancel all plans :biggrin:
haha was meant to start work at 10...
Original post by MTI
haha was meant to start work at 10...

Good luck with that :P
Original post by TMcn
I'm not sure of the accuracy of this but my friend is telling me almost all of the self-catered en-suite rooms are gone, might be some left in Alcuin but other than that nothing. This could be completely untrue but if you were counting on one of those I'd advise making some backups.

oh dear lord I hope this isn't true. I've been at boarding school sharing a bathroom for the past 4 years so sharing a bathroom AGAIN for another 3 really doesn't appeal to me. :frown:
This is so ridiculously stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1794
Original post by eydetak
oh dear lord I hope this isn't true. I've been at boarding school sharing a bathroom for the past 4 years so sharing a bathroom AGAIN for another 3 really doesn't appeal to me. :frown:

Just so you know, the accommodation you're applying for today is only for a year :P
Original post by Gliese
Just so you know, the accommodation you're applying for today is only for a year :P

hahahahahahahaha oh god yeah! the stress of applying is clearly affecting my brain!
I feel like a switchboard, I'm sat constantly refreshing the booking page, their twitter feed on the accommodation home page, two TSR pages and my email. :frown:
Original post by PoodleGirl
This is so ridiculously stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know helP
Reply 1798
Got my place in the queue, 1299 people ahead of me. But now the page has crashed and won't load! Thinking I might be a bit late for work today...
I've forgotten what I'm waiting for. Staring at a blank screen for two hours has completed crashed my brain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending