The Student Room Group

How to keep depression at bay whilst jobseeking..

I'm finding it difficult to stay positive. It's not too bad when you're getting phone calls and going for interviews, even if just for the experience it's something. But I've just spent the best part of a week applying for jobs that have turned out to be 'no longer available' even though they were (and still are) advertised as current vacancies on reputable sites. Complete waste of time - I may as well have read a book or gone to the cinema.
Today I've not done as much job-hunting. Anyone got any tips for staying upbeat?
Reply 1
Original post by Magic works
I'm finding it difficult to stay positive. It's not too bad when you're getting phone calls and going for interviews, even if just for the experience it's something. But I've just spent the best part of a week applying for jobs that have turned out to be 'no longer available' even though they were (and still are) advertised as current vacancies on reputable sites. Complete waste of time - I may as well have read a book or gone to the cinema.
Today I've not done as much job-hunting. Anyone got any tips for staying upbeat?
Music definitely helps me stay upbeat, even if it is something as common as the Sigur ros hoppipolla, or eye of the tiger, or generally motivation songs keep me going, though admittedly I'm in sixth form and not in work, but if this can be applied to my school work then likely positive music will aid you in keeping upbeat.

Other things I like to do reading books, feeling productive(do some questions, practice on improving posture or general knowledge etc) and generally thinking about the future consistently, though not thinking too highly of it.

Just my advice, doesn't work for everyone!
my advice, volunteer in a shop or something, do 1-2 days a week.

that way, you're at least talking to people,gaining some experience and at least you're doing something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending