The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
How's everyone's exams going? What a wild Friday night I'm having attempting to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 981
Original post by Sophjeff
How's everyone's exams going? What a wild Friday night I'm having attempting to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :smile: I've done 7/8 of my standard grades just geography left in just under two weeks then I'm done woohoo! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by CanineVet
Good luck! :smile: I've done 7/8 of my standard grades just geography left in just under two weeks then I'm done woohoo! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw I wish I only had one left! Thanks, haha I have done 3 and have 12 exams left so.... The next few weeks are going to be fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last day of high school finally. I can't say I'll miss it to be honest. As far as exams are concerned; 8 down, 12 to go.
Reply 984
Ah, sorry I've been a little absent over the past couple of weeks! Busy revising :rolleyes: as for my exams, I have completed 3 out of 16. So 13 more left :s-smilie:
Reply 985
Hey guys, I know your busy with exams and things but I was wondering if anyone was interested in entering a raffle for a copy of Vet School parts 1 and 2? I've had a flick through since getting them in the post off the author and they are much better than his previous book! There loads of info about work exp, interviews and personal statements. ( though I wouldn't use his personal statement review service, tsr is much better and free :tongue:) there are also some great profiles from vet students :smile:

I can't post a link, but if you type in the justgiving website with /teams/zooathon you should get on the page where there's more info about entering!

Also I'm a fourth time reapp that got in this year, so if anyone has questions feel free to ask :biggrin:
If anyone else got randomly negged in this thread it's a medic troll so just ignore them...
Original post by skatealexia
If anyone else got randomly negged in this thread it's a medic troll so just ignore them...

Jealous of our vet swag I see :wink:

Every year :rolleyes: Always one or two of them!
Reply 989
I see silence has fallen in here....

I have reorganised my cattle AI work for next Tuesday woop! How are all of your exams been going?

A quick question: it may pose as stupid but I have only assumed it to be so. Veterinary biosciences doesn't count as one of your four vet med UCAS choices, does it? Which means it could be used as a fifth choice, right? It's stupid, I know but I just presumed it didn't until I had a conversation with a 2014 app (not on this) about it who was going to apply to Glasgow and Edinburgh both for vet med and vet bio upon the assumption that they accounted for the maximum four places you can apply for. I told him what I thought but I worried slightly, just to be sure :wink:

In other news, Walter has been a mischievous bunny, he decided to come and snuggle beside me outside before chewing through my earphones and then deciding to have a lie down from his hardwork :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry ive been so quiet! Just finished all my science exams at last! Finished off with physics today and it surprisingly went okay considering its my weakest science!
Also I have my last ever day at school tomorrow (because I'm moving to a different sixth form) and it seems crazy it's come around so fast! Although i do have 5 more exams left afterwards.

How many exams do you guys have left or have you finished?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Same i did physics today and its normally my worst but was surprisingly good because didn't do much revision compared to others. I finished for study leave 2 weeks ago!
I have done 5 exams and have 4 more. What have you got left to do?
Woo, done my last exams until after half term. Chemistry today was not good, but I'll just have to see how everything pans out on results day. Thirteen exams done, seven left. It's flown past!

I might go to the farm tomorrow, I could really do with a break and the fresh air will do me good methinks. We have baby bunnies now too!

My ratty hasn't been doing so well, the poor girl decided that chewing through her stitches was a good idea :rolleyes: . Enter massive wound on her abdomen. Loads of tissue died and we had to keep the cut clean with manuka honey for a couple of days. The vet sewed her back on Monday, but Rin decided that she'd try to chew herself again :frown: Cue a quick dash to the pharmacy for some clove oil (mild anaesthetic plus it tastes foul). She's been leaving it alone now, thankfully :smile: .
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 993
Original post by hannapoole
Sorry ive been so quiet! Just finished all my science exams at last! Finished off with physics today and it surprisingly went okay considering its my weakest science!
Also I have my last ever day at school tomorrow (because I'm moving to a different sixth form) and it seems crazy it's come around so fast! Although i do have 5 more exams left afterwards.

How many exams do you guys have left or have you finished?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's good! My last day of fourth year is the 31st May; then I'm on holiday for a week! Then another 3 weeks of fifth year :frown: ahah at least it ends by going to Blackpool!

Just the one: geography next Thursday. Currently sketching out every possible diagram aha!

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Woo, done my last exams until after half term. Chemistry today was not good, but I'll just have to see how everything pans out on results day. Thirteen exams done, seven left. It's flown past!

I might go to the farm tomorrow, I could really do with a break and the fresh air will do me good methinks. We have baby bunnies now too!

My ratty hasn't been doing so well, the poor girl decided that chewing through her stitches was a good idea :rolleyes: . Enter massive wound on her abdomen. Loads of tissue died and we had to keep the cut clean with manuka honey for a couple of days. The vet sewed her back on Monday, but Rin decided that she'd try to chew herself again :frown: Cue a quick dash to the pharmacy for some clove oil (mild anaesthetic plus it tastes foul). She's been leaving it alone now, thankfully :smile: .

I'm sure you did fine, there is always doubt but I'm sure there will be a paper with your name and a A* written on it :tongue: I'm going to my one on Saturday since I've got plenty of time till geo and I'm going to work with the cattle vet at the dairy farm I go to on Tuesday! Woop!!

Oh no! Rin keeps making us worried aha! Poor her though, it shows the extent of curiosity I suppose! That's good, she's stopped. How she been feeling since the op? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Ah sorry I have been so quiet just like everyone else! Busy with exams, you have all seemed to finish science :eek: I haven't even started revising for mine considering they're the last exams at the end of June haha. I did my English Literature exam today and it went suprisingly well. As of today, I have completed 8 exams and I have 8 exams left. Is it just me, or they don't even feel like exams anymore? I just sort of come into the exam hall, sit down and just can't wait to get on with it and finish the paper. Maybe, it's because I haven't done science yet :biggrin:

I have arranged another work experience placement, it's lambing in April. I have been looking everywhere for a place and I have finally found one! I also have a proper job interview tomorrow, to work on a children's farm. I won't be directly working with the animals, but a permanent job in an animal environment must be good. You can learn a lot just from observing I reckon. :smile: It's going to be a hard interview though, considering it's one of those assessment centre types - so I have to participate in some sort of team work and a roleplay and then mini interviews.. Kind of dreading it if I'm honest, but if I get the job I will be more than ecstatic!

I have also welcomed a new member to my family. It's a beautiful black and white cat, named Felix. I know, it's a cliche, but my family didn't name it :biggrin: We decided to adopt it from a family friend of ours who didn't want it anymore. It's 8 months old, and it's very cheeky and naughty. For example, I got up today to do my English Lit exam and considering the exam was at 1.30 and I don't have school, I thought I'd revise for a bit. I left the room with all my notes and books on my bed for no longer than five minutes - not even joking. I come back and my hard rock folder is chewed up with the front of it scratched and ripped off, all my revision notes were ripped up in half scattered on the floor.. That is the reason why I only properly managed to revise 6/15 poems that I was supposed to, which is why I won't be suprised if failed :biggrin:

Nice to know that all of your exams are going well, and if I go MIA for a bit again, I want to wish you all the best of luck! You can do it :wink:
Totally unproductive day :frown: . I didn't go to the farm :frown: I sent an email last night asking if they wanted me there. They replied telling me to phone up in the morning but the phone is manned from 9:30 onwards, they usually want me in by 10:00, and it takes me an hour and a half to get there, so there was no point in me doing that.

To make matters worse, Rin decided that she'd chew through her stitches again last night :frown: She was due for a post up check today anyway, thank goodness. The vet says that he's just going to leave it now, because the wound is still quite big it's granulating nicely.

Ughhhhhh, I have all the faff of trying to organise leavers hoodies as well, and earlier at young leaders there were only three of us and about 40 kids so it was really stressful. It's been a crap day. :frown:

Original post by MonMon

I have arranged another work experience placement, it's lambing in April.

Oooh, good to hear about your lambing. Good luck for your interview as well, although I doubt you'll need it, I'm certain you'll do well :smile: . Lovely to hear about your new kitty as well!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 996
Original post by MonMon
Ah sorry I have been so quiet just like everyone else! Busy with exams, you have all seemed to finish science :eek: I haven't even started revising for mine considering they're the last exams at the end of June haha. I did my English Literature exam today and it went suprisingly well. As of today, I have completed 8 exams and I have 8 exams left. Is it just me, or they don't even feel like exams anymore? I just sort of come into the exam hall, sit down and just can't wait to get on with it and finish the paper. Maybe, it's because I haven't done science yet :biggrin:

I have arranged another work experience placement, it's lambing in April. I have been looking everywhere for a place and I have finally found one! I also have a proper job interview tomorrow, to work on a children's farm. I won't be directly working with the animals, but a permanent job in an animal environment must be good. You can learn a lot just from observing I reckon. :smile: It's going to be a hard interview though, considering it's one of those assessment centre types - so I have to participate in some sort of team work and a roleplay and then mini interviews.. Kind of dreading it if I'm honest, but if I get the job I will be more than ecstatic!

I have also welcomed a new member to my family. It's a beautiful black and white cat, named Felix. I know, it's a cliche, but my family didn't name it :biggrin: We decided to adopt it from a family friend of ours who didn't want it anymore. It's 8 months old, and it's very cheeky and naughty. For example, I got up today to do my English Lit exam and considering the exam was at 1.30 and I don't have school, I thought I'd revise for a bit. I left the room with all my notes and books on my bed for no longer than five minutes - not even joking. I come back and my hard rock folder is chewed up with the front of it scratched and ripped off, all my revision notes were ripped up in half scattered on the floor.. That is the reason why I only properly managed to revise 6/15 poems that I was supposed to, which is why I won't be suprised if failed :biggrin:

Nice to know that all of your exams are going well, and if I go MIA for a bit again, I want to wish you all the best of luck! You can do it :wink:

Totally unproductive day :frown: . I didn't go to the farm :frown: I sent an email last night asking if they wanted me there. They replied telling me to phone up in the morning but the phone is manned from 9:30 onwards, they usually want me in by 10:00, and it takes me an hour and a half to get there, so there was no point in me doing that.

To make matters worse, Rin decided that she'd chew through her stitches again last night :frown: She was due for a post up check today anyway, thank goodness. The vet says that he's just going to leave it now, because the wound is still quite big it's granulating nicely.

Ughhhhhh, I have all the faff of trying to organise leavers hoodies as well, and earlier at young leaders there were only three of us and about 40 kids so it was really stressful. It's been a crap day. :frown:

Oooh, good to hear about your lambing. Good luck for your interview as well, although I doubt you'll need it, I'm certain you'll do well :smile: . Lovely to hear about your new kitty as well!

Well done, about the lambing too! Tell us how the interview goes, I'm sure you will get it, just be all you can be! That is sooo cheesy Ahahaha! Aww, I would love a cat! My mum however has the most overemphasised, irrational phobia of cats which I still can't comprehend after 15 years aha! My cheeky bunny chewed through my earphones! Seems like between Walter, Felix and Rin we have a host of cheeky animals aha! :biggrin:

Aw, I'm going to my farm tomorrow should be fun. That's a shame about the mix up its not so bad for me since its only 10 mins away and they don't mind whenever I go :smile: Your wee ratty is being a cheeky bism (is that how it's spelt? :tongue:) Ahah but that is good :biggrin:

I had scouts today and there was only 10 of us. I am not officially a young leader but me and another explorer do act as them for organising activities and such, hopefully getting to do training for it soon. But it was a bit hectic today too despite being only a quarter of your lot - some of them are quite irresponsible and so trying to get them to pay attention is life draining aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what granulating means :wink:. Naff about the farm!
Reply 998
1000th post!!!! Woohoo we made it!! :biggrin:

Do you know what granulating means :wink:. Naff about the farm!

Damn! Skatealexia, you stole my 1000 post thunder! Ahah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CanineVet
1000th post!!!! Woohoo we made it!! :biggrin:

Damn! Skatealexia, you stole my 1000 post thunder! Ahah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoops. I can't take it back. Didn't even realise. Now you need to get to 10,000 posts before you apply. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending