The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Busy day!! :biggrin: (Btw, still confused, how do you paragraph?!) I spent the morning at the SA vets, which was lovely. Saturday is the day they have consults and any emergencies until 12.00pm when they hand it over to another vets. So the day can go from doing boosters all day to them suddenly having to operate! And today was all calm, till a poor little 13 month old dog came in with rapid breathing and had lost about 0.4kg in maybe 6 weeks? Also had a heart murmur from the last time the vet had seen him and a few abnormalities with his heart rate I think. :frown: After the X-ray they realised they had to get him referred to Edinburgh or Glasgow. I left soon after this as I had to leave early for my parents to pick me up to head to the animal sanctuary! Also, after the dog was taken downstairs to be kept in the kennels on oxygen, the next consult was a cat which the vet suspected had broken her pelvis so she had to be taken down too! And then another dog had to head downstairs but I'm not sure what was wrong with him. All I know is I got to hold him while he got his leg shaved! :biggrin: Which made my day. A few things made my day actually. One of the vets was explaining something to me and she went "so when you become a vet, and I say when as I have complete faith in you.." and I was partying in my head... And then the nurse later asked me my age and said she will keep asking as they have had girls older then me who come in and are more shy and don't ask questions. Then later on the vet did the same, saying she was shocked at my age because I talk to the clients and things like that! :biggrin: So I'm feeling pretty great! Then the animal sanctuary was great too, and I think I've managed to book two weeks there! :smile:
Glad to hear that you guys have been enjoying yourselves :biggrin: I was at the urban farm all day today. We tagged some calves' ears and I got to draw up some penicillin too :biggrin: . I'm having a (well deserved! :tongue: ) break tomorrow, going to watch a movie with some friends, then I'm back at the farm on Monday :smile:

Original post by hannapoole
But it's safe to say I absolutely loved Liverpool and leahurst is so nice (i may be saying this because there were so many horses and a tiny cute foal so maybe my opinion is slightly biased now) although skatealexia you should be proud that I loved it so much!

It'll be interesting to see how I personally compare it to Edinburgh and Glasgow when I go there in September/October.

I'm so envious that you got to go :biggrin:! What sorts of things did they have on display? :smile:

Original post by Hollyheartsgoats
Busy day!! :biggrin:)

Can you not just paragraph with the return key? :wink:

Shame about that dog, I hope they can find out what the problem is. Sweet to hear what the vets have been saying as well :biggrin: .
Original post by hannapoole
No I didn't stay over night as its only about a 2.5 hour drive away so was easy enough to get home after it had finished!

But it's safe to say I absolutely loved Liverpool and leahurst is so nice (i may be saying this because there were so many horses and a tiny cute foal so maybe my opinion is slightly biased now) although skatealexia you should be proud that I loved it so much!

It'll be interesting to see how I personally compare it to Edinburgh and Glasgow when I go there in September/October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing this from my tablet as I have no internet for the next week or so properly but I'm glad you loved it and I am very proud :-D I was there, not sure if you saw me or not !
Original post by skatealexia
Doing this from my tablet as I have no internet for the next week or so properly but I'm glad you loved it and I am very proud :-D I was there, not sure if you saw me or not !

Not sure if I did who knows?! I was focusing my main eyesight on a very cute foal throughout most of the tour :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Glad to hear that you guys have been enjoying yourselves :biggrin: I was at the urban farm all day today. We tagged some calves' ears and I got to draw up some penicillin too :biggrin: . I'm having a (well deserved! :tongue: ) break tomorrow, going to watch a movie with some friends, then I'm back at the farm on Monday :smile:

I'm so envious that you got to go :biggrin:! What sorts of things did they have on display? :smile:

Can you not just paragraph with the return key? :wink:

Shame about that dog, I hope they can find out what the problem is. Sweet to hear what the vets have been saying as well :biggrin: .

Hahahaha I have tried that don't worry! Yeah it was a shame :frown: Sounds fun doing the calves ears. I'm kind of confused, I phoned up a farm asking about work experience and she said that there wasn't anything for me to do as calving is over etc. She did give me another contact but I couldn't really understand what she was saying. Do you guys think I should have hung in there and tried harder? :confused:

52 is quite small, but I think it's nice to work on a smaller place :smile: . There'll be less panic of trying to get all of the animals through on time. Ohh, what awards are they? :biggrin:

From what I've read on here, people have liked their abattoir placements more than they thought they would :smile: . But yeah, focusing on core areas sounds like a good plan :h: .

I have no idea what awards they are, I read it in a news article a few days ago but my sieve like brain has already filtered it out :P yeah, a few people on the 2014 thread have said their abattoir placements were ok. I'll see how it goes - just emailed the two nearest zoos asking if they offer any wex :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, so much for my day off! There's no rest for the wicked!

While en route to a friend's house, I found a parakeet on the floor in a park. At first I assumed he was somebody's pet, because although I had heard tales of wild parakeets around here I've never actually seen one. Anyway, the little guy was just standing in one spot and made no attempt to fly or even walk away when I approached him. I looked around to see if anyone looked as if they were searching for a bird, but there was no one nearby. I stood by for 10 minutes to see if anyone was going to claim him, but nobody did. Eventually two boys (they claimed they were 16 but they were much older) came over, picked him up, and asked if he was mine. They started messing about with him; making him bite their fingers and dangle there. One of them even joked about throwing him into the road :dong: . They then decided that they were going to take him home, so I told them that, in fact, the parakeet did belong to me. There was no telling what these guys would have done to him, and I was worried that a dog would come along and kill him if I just left him in the park, so I took him with me.

Unfortunately I was in an unfamiliar area and I had no idea if there were any vets nearby. Assuming he was a missing pet, I wanted to take him somewhere local so that his owners could claim him back. Fortunately the little fella didn't struggle, which further led me to believe that he wasn't well. I had to ask five people before someone could tell me where the vet was, and after walking there I found that it was shut, being a Sunday. As I stood outside wondering what to do, they guys from earlier came back. The weirdos asked me my name, age, school, where I lived... if I had a boyfriend(!?). Then they told me to ditch the bird and go to their houses. Yeah, no thanks. They went to a corner shop and got a plastic bag, which they told me to put the bird in. I declined, obviously. Then they told me to take the bus with them. I agreed grudgingly, but when they boarded I ran back down the road, so that got rid of that problem. Gosh, I'd never been so uncomfortable in my life :frown: .

So anyway, I went into a different corner shop, parakeet still in hand. The cashier told me that there was another vet 20 mins up the road, but after walking for half an hour there was still no vet in sight. Bearing in mind that I had no credit on my phone and my Oyster card was empty too, so I wasn't in a great position considering that I had no idea where the hell I was. I asked a further three people (some people stopped me for photos!), and was told that there was a 24 hour vet a bus journey away. I had to plead to get on the bus, but my story was pretty believable given that I did actually have a bird in my hands, so thankfully the bus driver kindly let me aboard for free. I got some funny looks on the bus, as well as someone saying "Is that a dog?" Yep. A little green dog with wings and a beak, sure. He fell asleep on the bus, the cutie :love: . He used my finger as a perch which hurt like hell for me but at least he seemed comfortable enough.

I got off the bus at a train station, hoping that the ticket officer would know how to get to the 24 hour vet. The ticket office was closed, as if my day couldn't get any worse :rolleyes: . I went into a hotel, where a man gave me directions to a PDSA branch up the road. I had to ask four more people for directions on the way, but one kind lady walked me there. Of course the PDSA was closed as well, but the awesome lady phoned up a few friends and eventually we managed to find the 24 hour place. The whole journey took about 3 hours, but at least the parakeet was in a safe place now! When I tried to hand him over to the nurse he kept his talons lodged firmly in my hoodie sleeve, bless him. The vet examined him; he thinks he's wild because he was very, very skinny. They're going to give him some antibiotics and keep him in for a bit, after that they'll hand him over to a rehoming centre. I'll phone up tomorrow to see how he's getting on :smile:

So, that's something that doesn't happen every day! :lol: Kudos to that lovely lady for walking me all the way to the 24/7 vet, but those two guys at the bus stop can go **** themselves :frown: .

Hahahaha I have tried that don't worry! Yeah it was a shame :frown: Sounds fun doing the calves ears. I'm kind of confused, I phoned up a farm asking about work experience and she said that there wasn't anything for me to do as calving is over etc. She did give me another contact but I couldn't really understand what she was saying. Do you guys think I should have hung in there and tried harder? :confused:

I don't think the calves enjoyed it much :wink:

Depends, is it a beef or dairy herd. If beef then she was probably being genuine but if dairy then I'd try again.

Original post by chaarlotte
I have no idea what awards they are, I read it in a news article a few days ago but my sieve like brain has already filtered it out :P yeah, a few people on the 2014 thread have said their abattoir placements were ok. I'll see how it goes - just emailed the two nearest zoos asking if they offer any wex :smile:

Good luck, hope you get a place! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Well, so much for my day off! There's no rest for the wicked!

While en route to a friend's house, I found a parakeet on the floor in a park. At first I assumed he was somebody's pet, because although I had heard tales of wild parakeets around here I've never actually seen one. Anyway, the little guy was just standing in one spot and made no attempt to fly or even walk away when I approached him. I looked around to see if anyone looked as if they were searching for a bird, but there was no one nearby. I stood by for 10 minutes to see if anyone was going to claim him, but nobody did. Eventually two boys (they claimed they were 16 but they were much older) came over, picked him up, and asked if he was mine. They started messing about with him; making him bite their fingers and dangle there. One of them even joked about throwing him into the road :dong: . They then decided that they were going to take him home, so I told them that, in fact, the parakeet did belong to me. There was no telling what these guys would have done to him, and I was worried that a dog would come along and kill him if I just left him in the park, so I took him with me.

Unfortunately I was in an unfamiliar area and I had no idea if there were any vets nearby. Assuming he was a missing pet, I wanted to take him somewhere local so that his owners could claim him back. Fortunately the little fella didn't struggle, which further led me to believe that he wasn't well. I had to ask five people before someone could tell me where the vet was, and after walking there I found that it was shut, being a Sunday. As I stood outside wondering what to do, they guys from earlier came back. The weirdos asked me my name, age, school, where I lived... if I had a boyfriend(!?). Then they told me to ditch the bird and go to their houses. Yeah, no thanks. They went to a corner shop and got a plastic bag, which they told me to put the bird in. I declined, obviously. Then they told me to take the bus with them. I agreed grudgingly, but when they boarded I ran back down the road, so that got rid of that problem. Gosh, I'd never been so uncomfortable in my life :frown: .

So anyway, I went into a different corner shop, parakeet still in hand. The cashier told me that there was another vet 20 mins up the road, but after walking for half an hour there was still no vet in sight. Bearing in mind that I had no credit on my phone and my Oyster card was empty too, so I wasn't in a great position considering that I had no idea where the hell I was. I asked a further three people (some people stopped me for photos!), and was told that there was a 24 hour vet a bus journey away. I had to plead to get on the bus, but my story was pretty believable given that I did actually have a bird in my hands, so thankfully the bus driver kindly let me aboard for free. I got some funny looks on the bus, as well as someone saying "Is that a dog?" Yep. A little green dog with wings and a beak, sure. He fell asleep on the bus, the cutie :love: . He used my finger as a perch which hurt like hell for me but at least he seemed comfortable enough.

I got off the bus at a train station, hoping that the ticket officer would know how to get to the 24 hour vet. The ticket office was closed, as if my day couldn't get any worse :rolleyes: . I went into a hotel, where a man gave me directions to a PDSA branch up the road. I had to ask four more people for directions on the way, but one kind lady walked me there. Of course the PDSA was closed as well, but the awesome lady phoned up a few friends and eventually we managed to find the 24 hour place. The whole journey took about 3 hours, but at least the parakeet was in a safe place now! When I tried to hand him over to the nurse he kept his talons lodged firmly in my hoodie sleeve, bless him. The vet examined him; he thinks he's wild because he was very, very skinny. They're going to give him some antibiotics and keep him in for a bit, after that they'll hand him over to a rehoming centre. I'll phone up tomorrow to see how he's getting on :smile:

So, that's something that doesn't happen every day! :lol: Kudos to that lovely lady for walking me all the way to the 24/7 vet, but those two guys at the bus stop can go **** themselves :frown: .

I don't think the calves enjoyed it much :wink:

Depends, is it a beef or dairy herd. If beef then she was probably being genuine but if dairy then I'd try again.

Good luck, hope you get a place! :smile:
Wow! Well done you :biggrin: That's is so good of you to do that. I would of ran away from those boys, hopefully with the bird in hand. That would be scary, but that's great that it all turned out well. Seriously, you must be chuffed! :biggrin: And what a lovely woman, walking you there and everything. It's pretty cool when days like that happen. Was your friend confused as to where you'd got to? :wink: Hmm I guess the calves wouldn't :tongue: It might be beef, but I think they had sheep too as she said how I missed that season too. I might keep in contact and email them later on this year. I wish the Easter holidays were longer, as I want to get as much lambing done as possible, but I'm not sure if the catteries lambing will fall into my holidays. I really, really hope so. I think it will because my friend always helps out? Anyway, the cattery are also paying me now? I didn't really know about it but she was like "No no you don't work for nothing!" I know this sounds stupid but does it still count as work experience? Sorry, it sounds really stupid but I thought I would ask just in case! :smile:
Wow! Well done you :biggrin: That's is so good of you to do that. I would of ran away from those boys, hopefully with the bird in hand. That would be scary, but that's great that it all turned out well. Seriously, you must be chuffed! :biggrin: And what a lovely woman, walking you there and everything. It's pretty cool when days like that happen. Was your friend confused as to where you'd got to? :wink: Hmm I guess the calves wouldn't :tongue: It might be beef, but I think they had sheep too as she said how I missed that season too. I might keep in contact and email them later on this year. I wish the Easter holidays were longer, as I want to get as much lambing done as possible, but I'm not sure if the catteries lambing will fall into my holidays. I really, really hope so. I think it will because my friend always helps out? Anyway, the cattery are also paying me now? I didn't really know about it but she was like "No no you don't work for nothing!" I know this sounds stupid but does it still count as work experience? Sorry, it sounds really stupid but I thought I would ask just in case! :smile:

Not gonna lie, I was terrified they were going to get off the bus and chase me. Some parts of London are so dodge :K:

The whole affair meant I was about 5 hours late to watching movies with my friends (only caught the tail end of Battle Royale :emo: ) but I think I can live with that if it means that my birdie survives the night! :tongue:

Yeah, they phoned me up and didn't believe my story :lol: I have photographic proof, though :colone:

I'm afraid that I don't think paid experience counts :frown: . Not to worry though, a paid job will still look good (shows you can balance your time well) and since you'll be learning on the job it will still be valuable :smile:

EDIT: Lookit this cutie :love:
birdie 2.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Not gonna lie, I was terrified they were going to get off the bus and chase me. Some parts of London are so dodge :K:

The whole affair meant I was about 5 hours late to watching movies with my friends (only caught the tail end of Battle Royale :emo: ) but I think I can live with that if it means that my birdie survives the night! :tongue:

Yeah, they phoned me up and didn't believe my story :lol: I have photographic proof, though :colone:

I'm afraid that I don't think paid experience counts :frown: . Not to worry though, a paid job will still look good (shows you can balance your time well) and since you'll be learning on the job it will still be valuable :smile:

EDIT: Lookit this cutie :love:
birdie 2.jpg

Aww what a cutie! What a great story to tell too! That sucks :frown: I don't know what I'm going to do now though as that will be my only cattery work experience and she won't let me work without being paid! :confused: So I won't be able to put it on the form you have to fill in for Edinburgh or any other forms? I'm kind of worried now! :frown:
Aww what a cutie! What a great story to tell too! That sucks :frown: I don't know what I'm going to do now though as that will be my only cattery work experience and she won't let me work without being paid! :confused: So I won't be able to put it on the form you have to fill in for Edinburgh or any other forms? I'm kind of worried now! :frown:

Haha yeah, I told some people at the farm today, they just laughed :lol: .

Don't panic, I could be wrong in thinking that :tongue: ! If not, couldn't you just explain the situation to your employer? Or just ask her to invest your wages back (buying toys for the cats or whatever)
Haha yeah, I told some people at the farm today, they just laughed :lol: .

Don't panic, I could be wrong in thinking that :tongue: ! If not, couldn't you just explain the situation to your employer? Or just ask her to invest your wages back (buying toys for the cats or whatever)

That is a good idea, but I tried to explain my situation to her and she said I can't work for nothing. My friend told me that she would feel guilty otherwise. That is a good idea, I might try and do that. I'm more worried now about lambing, as they have a sheep farm and they agreed that I will do lambing next year with them. I really hope I don't get paid for this! I hope it does end up counting though, as I was going every week not expecting to be paid and I am doing the exact same thing I would be if I wasn't? I was just happy I was allowed to ride her horses :tongue: I'm getting to ride next week! I'm so jealous of your farm, it sounds so lovely :smile:
Reply 1392
Why wouldn't paid work count towards our wex? We're doing the same and learning the same, but if we're paid wouldn't that mean they think our work has some value? I don't know how it is in England, but here in Norway it would be really weird if someone volunteered for a long period without being paid:confused: Do you have any idea where you read this, cause I might have the same problem as Holyheart :tongue:

Anyhow, pretty amazing job with the birdie! Did you phone them up? If you lived where I live you would be all over the news "Heroic prospective vet saves bird!"

When it comes to myself, I haven't been able to book any more wex this summer. Will most likely work up to 6 days starting next week! 3 days at the kennel, one day dairy and couple of days at the SA vet. Also LA vet at the evenings, no set times yet!

Already asked quite many questions, but regarding my dairy placement. I work there for five hours, four of those are milking, cleaning, feeding... you name it. The final hour we go check the pigs. They need surprisingly little to no care! Do you guys thing that count as working with pigs, or should I try to get something more permanent?

The dairy farmer has some contacts at poultry farms, but he keeps telling me how awful it is. He says the only work they do is go pick up dead chickens, ranging from 10-200 a day:confused: Confused if I should ask for a placement or not.
That is a good idea, but I tried to explain my situation to her and she said I can't work for nothing. My friend told me that she would feel guilty otherwise. That is a good idea, I might try and do that. I'm more worried now about lambing, as they have a sheep farm and they agreed that I will do lambing next year with them. I really hope I don't get paid for this! I hope it does end up counting though, as I was going every week not expecting to be paid and I am doing the exact same thing I would be if I wasn't? I was just happy I was allowed to ride her horses :tongue: I'm getting to ride next week! I'm so jealous of your farm, it sounds so lovely :smile:

Aww, that's actually really sweet :redface: . Well I wouldn't worry about it now anyway. Wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along :redface:

The farm is my favourite place in the world :love: . When inevitably I'm made to take a gap year I might see if I can get an internship there. We'll see...

Original post by Tyri
Why wouldn't paid work count towards our wex? We're doing the same and learning the same, but if we're paid wouldn't that mean they think our work has some value? I don't know how it is in England, but here in Norway it would be really weird if someone volunteered for a long period without being paid:confused: Do you have any idea where you read this, cause I might have the same problem as Holyheart :tongue:.

I agree with you and think that it's still valid experience, but I'm pretty certain I've read somewhere that it should be unpaid :s-smilie: . I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it though. I could well be wrong, and I'll hold my hands up and admit my mistake if I am incorrect. It was my understanding that work experience is, by definition, unpaid, anyway.

I did phone up, birdie is a bit perkier apparently. He's had some Critical Care :smile:

Well done on the bookings! :biggrin: Re the pigs, I'd mention them if you'd be happy to speak about them at university interviews. As for the chickens, I'd still try to get at least a day there.
I'm about to phone a children's farm (contact from Caninevet) to arrange some wex and I'm genuinely petrified!! Speaking on the phone is like performing in front of an audience for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think work experience has to be unpaid. :-).
Reply 1396
Hey guys, sorry for going missing, ghost protocol has NOT been initiated :tongue:. Just finished school for summer and have my award ceremony tonight - a 2.5 hour "festivity" which you walk on the stage for a glorious and magnificent 5 whole seconds!! Woohoo :colondollar:

I've just read through all those posts aha!

LTC, congrats to you!! That was very brave and kind of you, you deserve an honorary medal for your courageous act! That must have been scary. I can't believe they would do that!? There are dodgey places all over especially here and oh my I don't know what I would have done. But that's great to hear about the little fellow - he/she deserves the best!

On WEx, I think all experience counts as experience whether paid or unpaid, from my lambing I received a surprise payment from the owners but I was definitely counted WEx. Anyway that is my opinion :wink:

And Chaarlotte how did it go? They are lovely people so I would definitely not be frightened to call.

Sorry guys my phone is acting weird and this app has received my phones wrath apparently so my mail on TSR isn't working so I won't know if I have received any or not - if I actually did :tongue:.
But as a reply to Charlotte that's great about your dairy farm contact I take it that it is a different one to the contact I provided? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for all the replies guys! :biggrin: Don't worry LTC, the reason I asked is because I'm sure I've heard that somewhere too :s-smilie: I think it might have been from someone suggesting you make it clear you're looking for voluntary work experience and that you don't want paid, and that that makes it easier to get places? I think that might be where I got confused. That's great that it still counts! If it does, but my mum said it should, and so did her friend and her job is helping people write personal statements. Something like that :biggrin:
Also Chaarlotte, don't worry about calling up placements. I'm pretty bad at it :frown: But usually it works. Except one place when my dad started shouting at me and I was halfway through a conversation... She pretty much hung up as soon as she could! :rolleyes: My dad said he didn't know I was on the phone and that next time I shouldn't leave my bag in the hallway. :tongue:
Back from the dairy :biggrin: The vet is coming tomorrow for PDs and TB testing, I'm so excited eek :eek:! I've made 5 1/2 pages of notes on dairy farming so far so I'd like to think that I've been learning a lot :biggrin: ! In the morning I was at the city farm planting potatoes by hand (soil is too wet to use machinery, apparently :rolleyes: ) so my fingernails are the same colour as a black cat in a coal cellar :tongue:

Original post by chaarlotte
I'm about to phone a children's farm (contact from Caninevet) to arrange some wex and I'm genuinely petrified!! Speaking on the phone is like performing in front of an audience for me

Don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: . Write down some of the things that you want to say but take it slow so that you don't sound like a machine gun :tongue: They're clearly really nice people seeing as Canine likes it there so much, you have nothing to be afraid of :smile:

Original post by skatealexia
I don't think work experience has to be unpaid. :-).

Ahh okay. Apologies for spreading misinformation :colondollar:

Original post by CanineVet
Hey guys, sorry for going missing, ghost protocol has NOT been initiated :tongue:. Just finished school for summer and have my award ceremony tonight - a 2.5 hour "festivity" which you walk on the stage for a glorious and magnificent 5 whole seconds!! Woohoo :colondollar:

I've just read through all those posts aha!

LTC, congrats to you!! That was very brave and kind of you, you deserve an honorary medal for your courageous act! That must have been scary. I can't believe they would do that!? There are dodgey places all over especially here and oh my I don't know what I would have done. But that's great to hear about the little fellow - he/she deserves the best!

Good for you! Summer now! :biggrin:

Sunday was the most surreal day of my life :lol: I phoned up the vet today and they're going to give the little guy to a rescue centre in Trent so that he can live out the rest of his live with some parakeet buddies. :smile:

Thanks for all the replies guys! :biggrin: Don't worry LTC, the reason I asked is because I'm sure I've heard that somewhere too :s-smilie: I think it might have been from someone suggesting you make it clear you're looking for voluntary work experience and that you don't want paid, and that that makes it easier to get places? I think that might be where I got confused. That's great that it still counts! If it does, but my mum said it should, and so did her friend and her job is helping people write personal statements. Something like that :biggrin:

Fair enough, my mistake :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)

Don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: . Write down some of the things that you want to say but take it slow so that you don't sound like a machine gun :tongue: They're clearly really nice people seeing as Canine likes it there so much, you have nothing to be afraid of :smile:

thanks for the advice! i followed it through and this was the first phone call i didn't screw up :smile: and yeah they are lovely. sounds like you had a good day at the farm :P

Also Chaarlotte, don't worry about calling up placements. I'm pretty bad at it :frown: But usually it works. Except one place when my dad started shouting at me and I was halfway through a conversation... She pretty much hung up as soon as she could! :rolleyes: My dad said he didn't know I was on the phone and that next time I shouldn't leave my bag in the hallway. :tongue:

haha that's so funny! last time i phoned the dairy farm my dad started playing the piano horrifically loudly and singing (equally horribly) and the farmer on the other end paused for a bit and i could just read his thoughts: 'wtf is going on in that madhouse...'

Original post by CanineVet

And Chaarlotte how did it go? They are lovely people so I would definitely not be frightened to call.

But as a reply to Charlotte that's great about your dairy farm contact I take it that it is a different one to the contact I provided? :biggrin:

it went well! as mentioned, i didn't screw up this time :smile: the guy was really nice and i'm visiting them tomorrow morning for a tour and to arrange a placement. so thank you very much! and yeah the dairy farm is just a local one 5 mins away, eaglesham is too far away :frown: but thanks anyway! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending