The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

No where to live next year. What should I do?

I'm at University of Leeds in my 2nd year and I was hoping to do a year in industry starting this September. So I didn't sign up for a house with my friends as I was unsure where my placement was going to be.

Now it's looking unlikely I'll get a work placement so I'll be homeless come September :frown:

I was thinking of staying in university halls but is that a bit sad for a 3rd year??

Where else could I live??
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation but I'm from Leeds uni going to work in Manchester! At the moment I've been looking at some private halls or just trying your luck and looking out for friends/people who need a housemate. Also try Gleepost.com - it's like gumtree for Leeds uni so I'm sure you can find some house spaces there too.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Eco*7
I'm at University of Leeds in my 2nd year and I was hoping to do a year in industry starting this September. So I didn't sign up for a house with my friends as I was unsure where my placement was going to be.

Now it's looking unlikely I'll get a work placement so I'll be homeless come September :frown:

I was thinking of staying in university halls but is that a bit sad for a 3rd year??

Where else could I live??

There's hundreds of 2nd and 3rd years going to be in halls this next year so not sad at all! Ring or email tomorrow or pop in when you're back - we can even put you with other 3rd years if that's what you prefer. The deadline has officially passed but I'm sure we can make an exception :smile:
hey i have a room available in headingley if you are interested?
Reply 4
Go into those student flats opposite Parkinson. I think it's called Elton court or something. Or you could go into IQ/uni owned halls/a house with random people

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of people have been advertising spare rooms :smile:
Reply 6
Try Unipol. Be very careful about who you move in with, though (the more mutual friends the better, and if you have any ask what they're like) as the wrong housemates can make your life hell.

Quick Reply

Latest