The Student Room Group

Can a non-drinker go on a pub crawl?

People at my work go on a pub crawl almost every month... i've managed to weave my way out of it twice now but they will get suspicious soon...

Is it acceptable for a non drinker to go on a pub crawl, considering the aim is pretty much to get drunk?
Reply 1
You might be a bit left out as the whole thing is centered on drinking games, but it's not like you're forbidden to go.
Original post by Runninground
People at my work go on a pub crawl almost every month... i've managed to weave my way out of it twice now but they will get suspicious soon...

Is it acceptable for a non drinker to go on a pub crawl, considering the aim is pretty much to get drunk?

They'll no doubt just try and buy you drinks if they see you not drinking, why aren't you wanting to tell them you don't drink?
Just expect lots of jeers when you order a lemonade.
Just get a virgin cuba libre in a tall glass with a lime wedge
Yes. I don't drink either and find pub crawls fine. For me anyway, they're certainly a lot more enjoyable than going to night clubs sober- you can still hear what people are saying etc. Other people probably won't mind if you're not drinking. :smile:
Reply 6
Never been on one, as a non-drinker, but I'd guess it'd be quite amusing to take a camera along and record all your drunk colleagues and project it onto the front of where you work on the next (working day) morning.
Why not? it might be fun. There is only so much coke one can drink tho'
Reply 8
I have been on pub crawls not drinking, it's fine.

Initially obviously people will suggest you get drinks, bring you in to games etc (e.g. you have to get a pint at this place or whatever) if they are playing them. But all you have to do is say 'I'm not drinking thanks'. If anyone has a genuine problem with that then I wouldn't worry about what they think as it's not worth it.

I enjoy going to pubs in general despite not drinking as I think it is a nice kind of place to relax with friends (as long as it's a nice pub!).

Bear in mind that if it's a pub crawl most other people will get quite drunk. It depends on you as to whether you'll be fine with this - some people find it very annoying to be around drunk people while sober, others just find it amusing.

xxx
It would be quite boring tbh, your work colleagues will probably think you are bored/unsociable so they may try and get you to drink. If you get on well with them I wouldn't worry say you don't drink but wouldn't mind joining them for a laugh!
I don't see the point since the point is to buy alcohol and drink it.. You do know that right?

But you can order a fizzy lemonade if you feel left out though!
Reply 11
As long as you don't run into any robots you should be fine.
Yeah I've done it and not drunk, it's alright! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending