The Student Room Group

Linguistics Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Congratulations!

I haven't heard anything yet, apart from the questionnaire - I'm getting very nervous

I'm sure you'll hear soon!
Reply 61
Original post by bokonist
I have an invitation to the UCL open day - and they have recommended me for an offer, I'm over the moon!

I got the same email today! It kind of confused me at first, I was think "Oh yay I've got an offer...oh wait" lol. I can't go to the open day :frown: but I'm still really happy :biggrin:
I did :smile:
Yay I was finding it hard to find another who has! Do you know when they start sending offers? Hopefully it'll be my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by sophielaurenw
Yay I was finding it hard to find another who has! Do you know when they start sending offers? Hopefully it'll be my first choice :biggrin:
I did as well! I don't know when they reply though - they haven't yet for mine. Has anyone else heard from Queen Mary?
Reply 64
Anybody else combining linguistics with a language? I'm applying for Spanish and linguistics at Oxford, Edinburgh, Leeds, Southampton and Manchester.

Does anybody know how good linguistics is at Southampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Just been invited for an interview at Cambridge!
Wooohooo! :bumps: Offers from Sheffield, Manchester and Leeds (2 of which came whilst UCAS was down, of course, almost gave me a heart attack) and got the UCL questionnaire, sent it off today and was told I'd hear by the end of november :dong: Anyone heard from Edinburgh yet argh? Wish everyone the best of luck! :biggrin:

Oooh! Well done, best of luck!
I have an invitation to the UCL open day - and they have recommended me for an offer, I'm over the moon!

Congratulationsss :biggrin: :biggrin: What subjects do you do/grades did you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm panicking hahaa :colondollar:
Reply 69
Original post by claremelloney
Congratulationsss :biggrin: :biggrin: What subjects do you do/grades did you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm panicking hahaa :colondollar:

I do Maths, Further Maths, German and Latin (dropped Music)- In my ASs I received A*(Maths A Level) aaab :smile: Don't panic! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by Marcoball
Anybody else combining linguistics with a language? I'm applying for Spanish and linguistics at Oxford, Edinburgh, Leeds, Southampton and Manchester.

Does anybody know how good linguistics is at Southampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've applied for Chinese and Linguistics at a few places. I know Southampton is really good for languages so it's probably good for linguistics as well.
Reply 71

Hey, me too! Which college did you apply to? :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by ridhipa
Hey, me too! Which college did you apply to? :biggrin:

Kings :smile:
Reply 73
Kings :smile:

Good luck! I applied to Robinson's. :smile:
Reply 74
Got invited to an interview at Cambridge!
Reply 75
So far: offer from Lancaster, Open Day invitation from UCL, invitation to interview from Pembroke, Cambridge
Reply 76
Got invited for an interview at cambridge too! anyone else have theirs on the 9th?
Just got this email from UCL:

"Thank you for sending in your reply to the questionnaire, which showed a good understanding of, and interest in, the approach to linguistics taken at UCL. I am pleased to be able to tell you that we will recommend that you be made an offer for our programme. The final decision is made in our Faculty Admissions Office and should be reflected on UCAS Track within ten working days.

I am also very happy to invite you to our forthcoming UCAS Open Day on Monday, 10 February 2014. The day is intended as an opportunity for you to make sure that Linguistics at UCL will be the right choice for you. You are encouraged to ask probing questions!"

YAY :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Just got this email from UCL:

"Thank you for sending in your reply to the questionnaire, which showed a good understanding of, and interest in, the approach to linguistics taken at UCL. I am pleased to be able to tell you that we will recommend that you be made an offer for our programme. The final decision is made in our Faculty Admissions Office and should be reflected on UCAS Track within ten working days.

I am also very happy to invite you to our forthcoming UCAS Open Day on Monday, 10 February 2014. The day is intended as an opportunity for you to make sure that Linguistics at UCL will be the right choice for you. You are encouraged to ask probing questions!"

YAY :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :biggrin: I got both an offer from UCL - AAB - and an interview invitation from Cambridge today! :smile: So happy :smile:
Reply 79
Hi guys, seems like a lot of you have had offers from UCL which will hopefully be my first choice, so well done that's sick. I was just wondering what the turnaround has been for you guys, i.e. when you sent your application and when you received the questionnaire and then the offer. They only received my application just over a week ago so not expecting anything soon but would be nice to hear about your experiences.
Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending