The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

English interviews- how did they go?

Hey,
I was at QM's yesterday for an English interview, and I was wondering what everyone else there thought of the taster lecture ad interviews.
I gather that most people's went quite well- I got asked to describe a book then we just chatted from there.
Wasn't so sure about the Ulysses lecture, as she seemed to talk about how important it was in the first half without actually explaining why.
Reply 1
Original post by Limebuddhist
Hey,
I was at QM's yesterday for an English interview, and I was wondering what everyone else there thought of the taster lecture ad interviews.
I gather that most people's went quite well- I got asked to describe a book then we just chatted from there.
Wasn't so sure about the Ulysses lecture, as she seemed to talk about how important it was in the first half without actually explaining why.

hi, I applied QM for English two weeks ago but haven't heard anything since except an acknowledgment that they've received it. How long did it take before they gave you an interview date? And how was the interview?
thanks!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Just applied for English now! Anyone got offers yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Daisy81195
hi, I applied QM for English two weeks ago but haven't heard anything since except an acknowledgment that they've received it. How long did it take before they gave you an interview date? And how was the interview?
thanks!

Hey,
I applied about a month ago and got an email about the interview roughly a week before. The interview's really informal- just a 20 minute chat that's not particularly based on anything (well mine wasn't.)
Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending