The Student Room Group

Worried that my boyfriend is too good for me...

I have a boyfriend! YAY!!!! He is lovely, handsome, funny, kind the list could go on but I won't bore you. I am average (or possibly even below) looking but I have a bubbly personality which I think has helped considerably in attracting him and can be quite witty and charming when i want to be.

He said that I am the first girl who he actually likes who he has dated (despite having 3 previous exs) and calls me beautiful, gorgeous etc. Also we made out on Saturday and he said to me that it was the best kiss he has ever had, which made me feel AMAZING because I am not that experienced in 'that' arena.

However I am a bit worried because all three of his exs are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I mean they are in a completely different league to me in terms of looks. I have never met any of them so I don't know what they are like but its just made me a little worried. I just think that my bf could find someone who has a far more engaging personality and is far prettier than me. Obviously I don't want to loose him but I am just worried (I should probably add I suffer from anxiety :colondollar: ) because all 3 of his exs want him back and quite a few of the girls at our school like him. I am not worried about him cheating because I know that he is not that kind but I don't want to get heart broken :frown: .
You're not worried about him cheating, and he's already made his decision, that is, to be with you. And if he says he feels more for you than anyone else he has dated, then that can only be a good thing.

Don't worry about the fact his ex's are good looking, he's made his choice, and that is that he wants to be with you :smile: I'm sure too, he can help you out along the way with your anxiety too.
Reply 2
...chill girl.:smile: the guy obviously sees something in you.
At the moment he sounds nice, it's the beginning of a relationship. He's complementing you, therefore you shouldn't doubt yourself or worry he's too good for you. Being too anxious will ruin the relationship, don't worry too much.
Confidence OP, confidence.

Firstly, i'm pretty sure you're under-selling yourself.

But even if you're not, looks are not EVERYTHING a guy bases a relationship on.

He has chosen you, and likes you for you.

Don't waste your life away worrying about things that might or might not happen.

Enjoy the moment, and keep doing what you're doing. You're obviously making him happy, and a happy bf isnt going to leave you anytime soon.
Your guy is just another human being. He's not some divine entity. Please build some self respect and self worth.

It doesn't matter if he is better looking, more intelligent or in high demand. That's all down to genetics, biology and chance. Don't put him on the pedestal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending