The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

What are people at UEA like?

I've been to a rough university in the past. Won't name and shame but it was FAR from pleasant. Are people generally nice? Is there a good mix of people both international and UK? Is it full of southerners? Club addicts? Did you like the people you lived with? Anything else...
Reply 1
Original post by I'mAlanPartridge
I've been to a rough university in the past. Won't name and shame but it was FAR from pleasant. Are people generally nice? Is there a good mix of people both international and UK? Is it full of southerners? Club addicts? Did you like the people you lived with? Anything else...

As with any university there are a wide mix of personality types and who you meet is really rather random. UEA doesn't have a huge international cohert, the majority of international students are Chinese and keep themselves to themselves, that said if you are international we (UK students) are welcoming, we just find that the conversational English of some international students is lacking and that they don't come and say hello, not that we don't try and be friendly to them. Yes most students are from Southern England or the midlands, though I know a few northerners and none of them feel out of place. And as with any university especially in first year a lot of freshers are interested in drinking and clubbing but if you make the effort there are plenty of others out there who don't you can find through societies or your course.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
What is a rough university like??? Sounds like an oxymoron. lol
Reply 3
Original post by driftawaay
What is a rough university like??? Sounds like an oxymoron. lol

My thinking was the OP meant one where there is a large drinking culture without realising that accounts for almost all of them.
Reply 4
UEA people are by far the best! (I may be a little biased)

Overall, I found everyone to be very nice. Obviously if you go out (to the LCR, the SU club) then you will undoubtedly see people being a bit lairy, but really nothing overwhelming. And if you go in to town, Prince of Wales road is quite horrific on a weekend night (but everyone goes clubbing there, not just UEA students).

I found the whole atmosphere friendly and relaxed. You can meet a range of people from different places through the clubs and societies and international students are place within the campus accommodation (apart from the INTU students, who have their own accommodation).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending