The Student Room Group

Applying for a job in Tesco?

I recently finished school and wanted a job. One of the first places I went to was Tesco, and asked in store. They told me to look online for a form, but there is no form? Any idea how to apply?
Online but I would advise not applying I've worked for Tesco in the past and it was a horrible experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Reply 3
Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by hotshothenry24
Online but I would advise not applying I've worked for Tesco in the past and it was a horrible experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of Tesco was it? Was it a Tesco Express or was it a bigger Tesco? I've tried applying for Tesco many times but couldn't get past the stupid psychometric tests. The computer says 'NO' :frown:
Original post by yoursoulismine
What sort of Tesco was it? Was it a Tesco Express or was it a bigger Tesco? I've tried applying for Tesco many times but couldn't get past the stupid psychometric tests. The computer says 'NO' :frown:

I worked in a Tesco Homeplus store it's kina like a debenhams but with electronics (the department I worked in) and stationery and toys and a catalogue shop. It was a pretty big store tbf but the work they made you do was ridiculous every shift I was exhausted. I had to clean and arrange the tech cage which the tech guys used to just come in and mess up everyday constantly ahving to lift loads of heavy crap not just for customes to their cars but also just to put on the shop floor , being told to drop everything I'm doing because there was a huge queue at the tills only to be had a go at for not finishing what I was doing. The staff I worked with there were bitchy and rude- one of the tech guys came to into the break room to moan to other tech guys that I hadn't printed off a label something he could've done himself but he was too lazy then started insulting me not realising that I was in the room behind a screen so he couldn't see me. The only reason I had left was because I hadn't had my lunch break yet (1 and a half hours time which I don't get paid for) I had started at 8 it was now 3 and I'd be finishing in 2 hours meanwhile this guy started at 11 and had somehow already had his lunch break leaving me on the shopfloor on a Saturday by myself. The managers are just as ****ing lazy they give everyone work to do and then sit in the office and pretend like they are working but really they are either on their phone or on facebook or in the canteen reading the paper. The pay wasn't bad for my first job I think it was something like 6.78 per hour that and when I had to set up computers or TVs for display were the highlights of my job because I was left alone. Trust me when I say that if you don't get the job there you're really not missing out on anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hotshothenry24
I worked in a Tesco Homeplus store it's kina like a debenhams but with electronics (the department I worked in) and stationery and toys and a catalogue shop. It was a pretty big store tbf but the work they made you do was ridiculous every shift I was exhausted. I had to clean and arrange the tech cage which the tech guys used to just come in and mess up everyday constantly ahving to lift loads of heavy crap not just for customes to their cars but also just to put on the shop floor , being told to drop everything I'm doing because there was a huge queue at the tills only to be had a go at for not finishing what I was doing. The staff I worked with there were bitchy and rude- one of the tech guys came to into the break room to moan to other tech guys that I hadn't printed off a label something he could've done himself but he was too lazy then started insulting me not realising that I was in the room behind a screen so he couldn't see me. The only reason I had left was because I hadn't had my lunch break yet (1 and a half hours time which I don't get paid for) I had started at 8 it was now 3 and I'd be finishing in 2 hours meanwhile this guy started at 11 and had somehow already had his lunch break leaving me on the shopfloor on a Saturday by myself. The managers are just as ****ing lazy they give everyone work to do and then sit in the office and pretend like they are working but really they are either on their phone or on facebook or in the canteen reading the paper. The pay wasn't bad for my first job I think it was something like 6.78 per hour that and when I had to set up computers or TVs for display were the highlights of my job because I was left alone. Trust me when I say that if you don't get the job there you're really not missing out on anything.

Thank god I never got past the computer then.

Cannot stand managers like the one you just described. I've never ever had a decent manager when working in retail. They always seem to be absolute tossers who just do nothing except for moaning at the staff on the shop floor like schoolchildren and abusing their power. I get treat like a king working for the public sector compared to the way I was treat working in the private and voluntary sector.

Does Tesco even have policies on manual handling? Of something is heavy then it should always be put on a trolley or transported in the necessary way IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending