The Student Room Group

HELP! Would I be able to get into ABB courses with ABC???

Hi.

Unfortunately this year after working very very hard and expecting A*AB, I received BBC in Politics, English and Art. I'm having a gap year to do a Foundation level in Art as something I'm interested in, but also lots of experience again at the BBC to link with my future career ideas of journalism.

I would be interested in doing an English and Politics combined course or perhaps Politics and Business. I want to resit my Politics (last year I got an A) to pull it up so perhaps I can get ABC.

Do you think it would be possible for me to get into an ABB course with a possible ABC? I'm very worried and obviously extremely disappointed with my results :/

Thanks.
Original post by ellamorr
Hi.

Unfortunately this year after working very very hard and expecting A*AB, I received BBC in Politics, English and Art. I'm having a gap year to do a Foundation level in Art as something I'm interested in, but also lots of experience again at the BBC to link with my future career ideas of journalism.

I would be interested in doing an English and Politics combined course or perhaps Politics and Business. I want to resit my Politics (last year I got an A) to pull it up so perhaps I can get ABC.

Do you think it would be possible for me to get into an ABB course with a possible ABC? I'm very worried and obviously extremely disappointed with my results :/

Thanks.

Nobody can say for sure as each department differs in their approach to admissions, but if you email and call individual universities they should be able to provide you with information about their admissions policy. I think it might be worth looking at universities which ask for UCAS points as this will give you the greatest degree of flexibility when it comes to meeting your offer in the summer. With specific regard to ABB courses I think it would be unlikely that you would be given an offer with ABC as their entry requirements are the minimum required from candidates. Again, I would recommend emailing individual departments about their approaches to these cases. Good luck!
Wouldn't a Russell group uni accept you if you achieved a distinction in your one year course/diploma??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending