The Student Room Group

The Official Scottish Primary Teaching (PGDE) Thread - 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by samkxo
Can I ask, those who have interviews - what sort of background are you from and what experience do you have?

Be precise with your personal statement. I merged information about both skills and experience. The more experience you have the better. As other threads I'm sure its a minimum of 14 days you need. I have experience from my previous school and i'm a support worker in a local club, just part time on some weekends.
I've got an interview at glasgow 17th Dec, waiting to hear from UWS and Dundee
Reply 62
Original post by taguey
Hey guys i send my application at the end of September and ive already this week heard from Glasgow to say my grades werent good enough and from strathclyde that i have an interview! Has anyone else heard anything?

Also if anyone is still apllying and needs help with the application give me a shout!

Well done for the interview! What experiences do you have?? I have been invited for one too and im so nervous. I'm thinking to go on the monday afternoon slot. Do you know if we will have to do a role play? Or is it just an individual interview.
Where is your interview? I had an interview at Glasgow year and I found it hard as the group discussion got me. I found it hard it get my chance to speak and that the things i had to say where basic compared to others in the group. I didn't get in and have an interview again this year. Really stressing about it x
Reply 64
Original post by kellyanna7
Where is your interview? I had an interview at Glasgow year and I found it hard as the group discussion got me. I found it hard it get my chance to speak and that the things i had to say where basic compared to others in the group. I didn't get in and have an interview again this year. Really stressing about it x

I'm really worried about this happening to me and that my nerves will get the better of me! I bet you will do great this time round :smile: what were the other parts of the Glasgow interview like last year? bit worried about the written thing too. Been trying to research strath interview from other threads and it looks like previous years have just been an introduction and interview. However I guess they could change it.
Thanks just no good at interviews i had strathclyde last year too and again got soo nervous couldn't get out the answers out and ur was only an induction and a short interview. Think I need interview training lol. I just feel it's a long year to wait to apply adding and it's all I wang to do, I'm fine talking to people about it but when I hit an interview I lose it. When's ur interview ? X
Reply 66
Thanks just no good at interviews i had strathclyde last year too and again got soo nervous couldn't get out the answers out and ur was only an induction and a short interview. Think I need interview training lol. I just feel it's a long year to wait to apply adding and it's all I wang to do, I'm fine talking to people about it but when I hit an interview I lose it. When's ur interview ? X

I get so nervous too at Interviews. Do they go through your files at the interview or is it just a one to one chat? And how lond did the chat last? Do we have to take anything along with us on the day? Mine is on the 16th x
We can help each other along lol, mines on afternoon of 17th. You go in check in can't remember what I took. Wait about until they call u in for introduction and u sit in groups. After the introduction u go to an area with ur group usually of 6 and are then taken in for an interview on your own with 2 people (that's what happened last year) they ask u four or five questions takes about 15 mins (they weren't even hard questions just like why u want to teach, what are ur qualities, give an example of a teacher that inspired you at school) and I just clammed up and could answer felt like a child sitting there. X. ]ur a step closer as have interview so as long as u shine in the day I'll be fine think I need to go for interview training.x. If I can help in any way let me know x
Reply 68
We can help each other along lol, mines on afternoon of 17th. You go in check in can't remember what I took. Wait about until they call u in for introduction and u sit in groups. After the introduction u go to an area with ur group usually of 6 and are then taken in for an interview on your own with 2 people (that's what happened last year) they ask u four or five questions takes about 15 mins (they weren't even hard questions just like why u want to teach, what are ur qualities, give an example of a teacher that inspired you at school) and I just clammed up and could answer felt like a child sitting there. X. ]ur a step closer as have interview so as long as u shine in the day I'll be fine think I need to go for interview training.x. If I can help in any way let me know x

Deffinately :wink: Is there a group discussion or are we just allocated groups to get to know others? Im always so nervous when put under the spot! Thats so true. Lets just hope it goes well for us all. Did you have to write anything down or do any literacy tests last year? Was anything assessed? I chose an afteenoom slot too. Last thing u want is sleeeing in!!
I also have an interview for Glasgow on the 19th :smile: How are people preparing for it.. Particularly the writing section?
Rejected from Strathclyde for 'lack of experience' which seems slightly odd if Glasgow have offered an interview but guess they must be looking at other things as well :smile:
Also applied to Aberdeen, UWS Ayr and UWS Hamilton anyone heard back from these?
That's what I did last year woke up when I was due to leave but managed to get there on time didn't get time to do make up lol. Strathclyde there was no group discussion just put Into groups for interview purposes. Hope it's the same this year every time I think of the interview I get butterfly's I'm my tummy x I'm glad in a way the interviews are before Xmas gets it out the way and if I got in it would be the best present ever x
Reply 71
Has anyone heard anything back from any othe universities?

I had the interview at strathclyde 2 years ago and was successful it was just a chat not very heavily focused on curriculum etc but still better to be over prepared than under prepared :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by taguey
Has anyone heard anything back from any othe universities?

I had the interview at strathclyde 2 years ago and was successful it was just a chat not very heavily focused on curriculum etc but still better to be over prepared than under prepared :smile:

Strathclyde is the one I really want to get in to. How soon after your interview did they let you know you had a place?
Reply 73
Original post by vclark10
Strathclyde is the one I really want to get in to. How soon after your interview did they let you know you had a place?

Does anyone know how many places there are?
Reply 74
Think it was quite a while I'm sure like a few months!
Reply 75
Original post by taguey
Think it was quite a while I'm sure like a few months!

This makes me feel a little better. It seems loads of people have submitted their app and I'm not submitted until Christmas. Makes me feel at least I have a chance! Can I ask what kind of experience you had?
Reply 76
Yeah the sooner the better but before Xmas hopefully should be fine! I have quite a lot of experience I did primary classroom assistant hours whilst at high school and have Been living and working in Spain for 4 years as an english teacher and also a classroom assistant. I think experience is important but I think more important is that you get your passion and desire for teaching across! That's my opinion anyway
Reply 77
Was anyone at Glasgow interviews last year, or any years before? What was the written assessment like? I want to prepare for it but I'm not sure how!
Reply 78
Just got an email from strathclyde outlining the interview structure etc.... there is now a written part for this interview too....aaaahhhhh!
I know I can't believe it mega panicking now and no clues given on what topic will be x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending