The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I might be going in December.

Mwahahahahaha :biggrin:
Reply 2
I went last year and I went to medsim in July!
Medlink you go to a lot of lectures on generally applying to medical school as well as lectures about different specialities! Its really interesting but peice of advice order pizza fromn a local take away for your evening meal it saves queing i nthe halls for food that isn't brilliant!
You'll porbably get some of the same lectures...Dr Mark and his Nelson jokes:p: and I can't remember his name but theres a total medlink/sim legend dude thats really funny! Some of the other people are great...at medlink I had Dr Stu and Becky(med student) for the stethoscope pratical it was hilarious, we didn't actually do much at all!
I have to admit I preferred medsim cause there was more pratical but medlink is really fun as well! Hope you have fun!:smile:
Reply 3
Renal
I might be going in December.

Mwahahahahaha :biggrin:

Renal! And here was I feeling proud of resisting! Even with the bonus of the promise of a free laptop!
Reply 4
My old sixthform head told me to try Medlink but its rather expensive for one. And two, after a few experiences I rather not go by myself so I'd go if I convince a friend to go with me.

Anyway, anyone else going to medlink?
Reply 5
Fluffy
Renal! And here was I feeling proud of resisting! Even with the bonus of the promise of a free laptop!
Hairy Tim did it over the summer. Put it this way; it's his round.
Reply 6
I suggested the hair meister to MM when I decided not to do anything medlink-y. I think there might have been a conflict of interests with my Elsevier gig too (which to be honest was y main reason for avoiding!).

I have accidentally drank too much wine! D'oh! Hope I manage to get outta bed OK in the morn!
Reply 7
You'll never guess where I am right now. :wink:

Might not be all that arsed tomorrow morning - need to check timetable.
Reply 8
Radiology, pathology in the morn and pharmacology/therapeutics/prescribing from 2-5.

What group you in?
Reply 9
B6.

We don't need to be signed off for any of that do we?
Reply 10
I don't think so - I'm in group B this year too - we have 10.10-11.10, 11.20-12.20 then 2-5. Tragic that I seem to know that without checking, isn't it! I shall have another glass of wine in punishment!
Reply 11
Four fingers! :biggrin:

I would join you but I have the GEPs in tonight, DJ Cool Carl on the decks... :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Meh! I made it a large glass!

And hmmm to the last comment! Or should that be bleessss?

Think Luce and I are going out drinking with the OxBridge transfers tomorrow - Georgeous George is organising... You up fer it? Somewhere round Charterhouse...
Reply 13
Tomorrow, I think I'm down for the Laird Hall fit up. May try to sneak away, but if I do make it in tomorrow, do you fancy a few at lunchtime?

(p.s. Renal has wodge at the moment, his round)
Reply 14
Could do a cheeky one, cheeks!
Reply 15
My school have just started to tell us stuff about Medlink actually, none of my friends are interested in Medicine really as a career so I don't really want to go on my own! Plus I never realised it cost so much, I have a sister who has gone into medical school so I guess I'm fairly clued up about how stuff works...people who have gone before - how useful did you find it was to you? Is it the sort of thing people put on PS's and is good to talk about?

Cheers,

Reply 16
..might sound harsh and rude.. but waste of money for me..

medsim is a bit more hands on and fun i guess..
Reply 17
I've heard of medsim too, sounds fun although for the money does is it actually that helpful? I may be wrong of course but reading the leaflet about it it just seemed a bit of a gimmick to me...

I thought medlink was way better than medsim, medsim was the most pointless load of rubbish ever. It was all silly practicals, and the casualty alert was rubbish. I had a great time cos I went with my friends and we met lots of cool people, but no way was it worth the money. Medlink's expensive and they'll tell you lots of things you already know but you might learn something new and its really motivating and great fun, but personally I'd avoid medsim.
If i hadn't been to medlink, i would not have revised for my january modules. It's great for motivating you for your year.

Latest

Trending

Trending