The Student Room Group

Is InternChina legit?

Sorry if this is the wrong section or something, I'm new to the site.

I'm planning on going to China for a 6 month business internship later this year, I've already applied and had Skype interviews with most of the companies and have got a choice between 5 or so of them.

I've narrowed it down to GoAbroadChina and InternChina, however I've read online (on this site) that GoAbroadChina might be somewhat of a scam (is this true?), my preference is definitely InternChina, but I just want to make sure it's 100% legit.

Any detailed experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
BUMP
:angry: if you have already made up your mind, why do you disturb us with your requests? I can sense you even work for Internchina. Please give us a break we are tired of these marketing gimmicks in disguise. So we can focus to read better stuff. Go online and read reviews if you want.
Original post by stewardly
:angry: if you have already made up your mind, why do you disturb us with your requests? I can sense you even work for Internchina. Please give us a break we are tired of these marketing gimmicks in disguise. So we can focus to read better stuff. Go online and read reviews if you want.

What are you talking about? I'm going on an internship so I'm obviously going to ask around. I had my mind set on going with Go Abroad China until I read reviews in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1726536&page=2

In which you actually post saying that you went to Beijing with Go Abroad China, but now you've said "why do you disturb us with your requests?" it's clear that you work for GAC, which means the the review you posted in the other thread was completely fake.
I would really avoid playing for an internship in China (or anywhere for that matter) if I were you. A friend of mine did one in Shanghai and said it was the worst 3 months of her life.
Reply 6
Original post by ArnoldConquer
Sorry if this is the wrong section or something, I'm new to the site.

I'm planning on going to China for a 6 month business internship later this year, I've already applied and had Skype interviews with most of the companies and have got a choice between 5 or so of them.

I've narrowed it down to GoAbroadChina and InternChina, however I've read online (on this site) that GoAbroadChina might be somewhat of a scam (is this true?), my preference is definitely InternChina, but I just want to make sure it's 100% legit.

Any detailed experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

First of all, Chinese law no longer allows internships longer than three months. Secondly, if you have to pay for an internship you are being scammed. I suggest you visit and read http://chinainternshipreviews.wordpress.com.

You should also know about these guys here which have the slickest website that could fool anyone: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/beware-of-gi2c-and-other-china-internship-job-scams.94650/
Hi there! I work for InternChina and am happy to answer any questions you might have. We pride ourselves on being friendly and transparent and will only ask for payment AFTER you have been matched with a company you are happy with and are fully ready to proceed with the experience. No downpayments or deposits.
Its hard to prove our legitimacy but we are an official supplier for the British government project - Generation UK, which provides fully funded internship experiences for students in the UK... we still have places available for this by the way!
Feel free to check out our youtube channel which has numerous intern references or follow us on facebook to see how we operate.
Even if you organise your own internship in China I hope you have a great time!
They may be "legit" (having an SAIC license makes them officially legit - if they have one?), but why pay for something you can get for free my friend? http://freechinainternships.blogspot.com/ I used a different company three years ago that I was dumb enough to pay over $3,000 - big mistake. Its your money to spend or lose as you like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
My boyfriend is in Quingdoa on an intership at the moment, he absolutely hates it. The company has nothing for him to do and though he tries to find things to do he almost feels like they want to make sure he does nothing, so they don't give up work for themselves to do. Do not recommend never seen him this unhappy.
Hello, if you want an internship in China, please make sure you check with China Interntrip before you make a decision. And I'd like to help you.
Original post by KateBlack
My boyfriend is in Quingdoa on an intership at the moment, he absolutely hates it. The company has nothing for him to do and though he tries to find things to do he almost feels like they want to make sure he does nothing, so they don't give up work for themselves to do. Do not recommend never seen him this unhappy.

Did your boyfriend do internship in that company or other host company ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending