The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Carl1982
I been a couple times and i am never going again, it's too loud, you can't have a decent conversation and usually 9 times out of 10 people there are trying it on with you, i stick to pubs.

Hell yeh, clubs are highly annoying, and people shouting in your ears hurts in the morning. Pub for me too. Can't go wrong there. :smile:
a_t
Go clubbing, its great. Just don't drink, you don't have to you know.
:dito:

I didn't go clubbing properly until I was 19 and now I love it. :biggrin:
Reply 22
I don't club, except maybe once or twice a year on special occasions when it would be rude not to go (like birthdays and so on).

Lots of people + small space + no seats + loud music + having to pretend to dance = my idea of hell

Give me a decent pub or the cinema any day of the week.

To the OP, you're not alone, but as others have said, it may well seem like it at the moment. Really, the only thing you can do is to keep talking to new people. It's also OK to have clubbing mates so long as they don't force you to come out with them or make a big deal of it - my friends often go clubbing without me, but if I'm going out with them, we'll go bowling or something like that. Unlike school, most people at university are mature enough to accept that not everyone likes clubbing.
I find clubbing boring as hell, I stopped after freshers week. Dont do something you dont enjoy.

If I like the music then dancing can be fun for half an hour, but I dont like that kind of drinking (I prefer a glass of wine at a cocktail party or over dinner) and you cant have a conversation because it is so loud.

I find that there are plenty of other things you can do to meet girls. Join some societies, actually talk to some girls there, ask one for her number or email and then call her and ask her if she wants to go for coffee later in the week. Im also not a big fan of pubs, because the wine is expensive and crap, but if you like them then they are another alternative to clubs.
Reply 24
If a club is playing 'my music' ie trance, then im happy but few do these days so i find clubs a bit boring, i cant dance to cheese!!!!
pendragon
I find clubbing boring as hell, I stopped after freshers week. Dont do something you dont enjoy.

If I like the music then dancing can be fun for half an hour, but I dont like that kind of drinking (I prefer a glass of wine at a cocktail party or over dinner) and you cant have a conversation because it is so loud.

I find that there are plenty of other things you can do to meet girls. Join some societies, actually talk to some girls there, ask one for her number or email and then call her and ask her if she wants to go for coffee later in the week. Im also not a big fan of pubs, because the wine is expensive and crap, but if you like them then they are another alternative to clubs.

or if your as sexy as pendragon then you can come to kent and meet me :p:
Clubbing is rubbish if you're not drunk. Says I, somone hwo used to not drink and went to clubs and had a crap time and now occasionaly gets drunk and has a good time at clubs.

Try pubs or bars, where you can talk. I like them.
Just go, sit around, chat and chill. No worries
You don't chat in a club. You violently propel spit in each other's ears in the vain attempt at being understood.
Fluent in Lies
Clubbing is rubbish if you're not drunk. Says I, somone hwo used to not drink and went to clubs and had a crap time and now occasionaly gets drunk and has a good time at clubs.

Try pubs or bars, where you can talk. I like them.
Yeah bars are good, they rock :smile:

Did you go to any when you were in Sydney?

I miss the bars in Melbourne lol.
Fluent in Lies
You don't chat in a club. You violently propel spit in each other's ears in the vain attempt at being understood.

in their ear you say? i thought it was supposed to go somewhere else
To the OP... mate don't go clubbing if you don't want.
to the people who say thats the only way to make friends... so you want him to make friends by pretending to be something he's not?

I've never been to a club, nor am i likely to. I don't drink, i don't agree with casual sex, i don't like the music of the majority of clubs and being around a selection of men tryin 2 chat girls up and girls dressed like hookers.. .erm no thanks.

Why isn't there a selection of people who are quiet and just enjoy life for it's simple pleasures? When i get to uni i am so starting the simple pleasures soc
clubs r wicked innit pick loadsa birds up and bash em.
danni_bella
Yeah bars are good, they rock :smile:

Did you go to any when you were in Sydney?

I miss the bars in Melbourne lol.

I did yah! Though the only memorable one was the -5.
high priestess fnord
in their ear you say? i thought it was supposed to go somewhere else

Crap, have I been doing it wrong? No wonder no one talks to me.
Reply 35
white_haired_wizard
maybe that's easier said than done. Everyone else drinks, you don't....you feel the odd one out...

Do you drink at all? I'd suggest having a few drinks before hand, have one or two when you get there, and then switching to tap water. Nice and cheap, and by the end of the night you'll be totally sober (and still have money in your pocket!)

If you don't like pints, stick to bottles or try some cocktails. A tastey cocktail goes down like water ;-)
Reply 36
macho action man
clubs r wicked innit pick loadsa birds up and bash em.

Yar mushty, dat iz well cushty. Bang em, den catch a dirty std mush! What a gud ting dat wud be!

:rolleyes:
high priestess fnord
or if your as sexy as pendragon then you can come to kent and meet me :p:

:wink:
I know a guy who goes to a particular local rock club every saturday and sometimes thursdays and fridays too and he doesn't drink at all or take drugs, he just loves dancing.

It's a brilliant place to go if you love to dance like I do...or you can meet people in the chill out areas and stuff and chat for hours. The hours pass so quickly at the allnighters just from talking to people.
Reply 39
Daveinnorfolk
To the OP... mate don't go clubbing if you don't want.
to the people who say thats the only way to make friends... so you want him to make friends by pretending to be something he's not?

I've never been to a club, nor am i likely to. I don't drink, i don't agree with casual sex, i don't like the music of the majority of clubs and being around a selection of men tryin 2 chat girls up and girls dressed like hookers.. .erm no thanks.

Why isn't there a selection of people who are quiet and just enjoy life for it's simple pleasures? When i get to uni i am so starting the simple pleasures soc

It's not the only way to make friends at all, I agree. It's something to do with friends, but only if it's something you enjoy. I don't think anyone should be made to feel under pressure to go clubbing, it's not for everyone!

You sound remarkably like me (or perhaps I remarkably sound like you). I think us Norfolk-onians are quite passive creatures. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending