The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The fact is you should go to school or you wont learn the syllabus and will probably do crap unless you work hard to catch up or revise loads. Its different at uni I think especially if you spend a lot of your personal time on your subject because you find it very interesting.

Tell me what A level grades did you get?

And I was joking anyway :smile: Youll just fail at school.
so don't skive.
kirstinx
Now hopefully you will have learnt your lesson.

;spank;
At least you learnt from your mistake. Believe me, in Year 10 I was so miserable at school and my mum was on holiday so I took at least 1 day off a week at school, sometimes it was 3 days a week just at home doing no work and learning jacks**t obviously. I definitely paid for it when Year 11 came and we had all the coursework for Year 10 work and I got so behind that I almost exploded. And of course receiving my terrible (but a considerable improvement from mocks if I may say so myself :wink:) GCSE results so now I'm doing AVCE at sixth form when I should be doing A levels. But hey, everything happens for a reason right! Have to keep optimistic.
Is it illegal to bunk school days in A Levels?

Can you actually get a detention for missing school?
Reply 25
you just plain stupid if you think its big and clever to skip school. OFCOURSE your parents would find out! no genius there to figure that out. only chavs skip school. now thats a scientific fact.
Reply 26
egg_soup
only chavs skip school. now thats a scientific fact.

ROFL, do you know anything about public schools (not that I go/have gone to one)?

I know people doing very well having left school, not that it's necessarily a good idea for everyone. You're going completely the wrong way about convincing someone to stay in school.
Reply 27
Anonymous
Is it illegal to bunk school days in A Levels?

Can you actually get a detention for missing school?

No, not in A levels because you have left compulsory education at 16.

Yes you will get into detention for bunking of school.

Its really very simple, unless you want to work doing the crappest jobs ever or live on benefits all your life (which tbh atm is easy money!) then you need to go to school.

Graham
Your parents are only annoyed at you because they care about you and want you to do well in your exams so you have a good future. As someone else said earlier in the thread, all you can really do to make up for it is apologise to them (and your teachers) and promise not to do it again. Someone else also had a good suggestion about asking what work you've missed and promising to catch up with it.
When I bunked all I got was an after school detention and the teacher that gave it me didn't even remember! Then again it was a completly pointless lesson anyway as all it was is "We can think of what to make them do, lets make them find out about a football team" for 6 weeks!!! oh and I bunked food tech once as well.
My parents didn't care. They just got a letter from my school and because I was asleep when my mum came in to ask me I just said Meh, rolled over and went back to sleep, nothing more was said.

Latest

Trending

Trending