The Student Room Group

Domino's delivery as a 17 year old?

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions for anyone who's worked delivering Pizza in a car at 17 while at a Sixth Form.

I intend to only work 2/3 nights a week, I get ~35mpg (driving sensibly), I'm 17 and when I apply I will have held a valid driving license for all of a month, maybe 2.

How much should I expect to be making a shift? :smile:

Cheers,
Matt
Dominos pays £4 per hour for under 18s and then the goes up to £5.13 when you turn 18. They'll pay for your petrol (your journeys are tracked) and you get to keep any tips which are often pretty good, but that depends obviously. For the first few months your shifts will probably only be about 3 hours long because they tend to drop a few drivers when it gets quiet with the newest first (that's how it works where I am, anyway). Hope this helps :smile: Any questions just ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to work for dominos years ago when fuel first hit £1 a litre. The way it worked then was,
You get standard minimum wage an hour however much that is nowadays lets say £6
then you got 75p per delivery (it may be more now)
plus you keep any tips made, on a good night could be anything. You can make your fuel money for the week in one night if you make enough deliveries and get a couple tips. This is always paid cash end of the night, your hourly wage will go into your bank.
If your boss is pretty cool you occasionally get free pizzas and sides if any are left over or if you have had a particularly good night. Or make really good friends with the pizza makers and get them to chuck in chicken kickers with the odd order through the oven (that said, it is stealing and thats never good karma)
I enjoyed it whilst I did it, drove quickly to deliver pizzas, took my time coming back, time flies when you do this but then you dont make as much as other guys smashing out deliveries and you will find drivers constantly in and out..
End of the day depends how much you want to earn, take it easy make enough to tick over and its one of the best jobs ever, or smash it out do full 12 hour shifts, during the day you wont get many deliveries but your hourly adds up.
Enjoy yourself, drive safe and get yourself a satnav :smile:
Reply 3
Reply 4
Would they let a recently passed driver drive for them? In other ads for tesco or Iceland you have to have had your licence for at least 3 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending