The Student Room Group

New job... Day off

Hi, i just started a job on Monday in Business Administration. However, i really want to take a day off next Tuesday as i have my driving test booked on that day.

I am thinking about speaking to my boss tomorrow and ask him if I can have a day off, snd if not then i can rebook it.

What do you lot think? Would he be angry as i am new and it has not even been a week and i am already asking for a day off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
If you have only just started the job, shouldn't he honour your holidays? As it was booked prior to starting your job. And if not you are still entitled to days off like everyone else. Good luck :-)
Certainly no harm in speaking to him about it, particularly if you let him know you'd be prepared to rebook if need be. Would you definitely need to book of a whole day?

(Also, if you would be using a car to drive to work then you could focus on the positives when talking to him about it, if you'd otherwise be relying on other people to get you to and from work!)
Reply 4
Original post by Chelsiemx
If you have only just started the job, shouldn't he honour your holidays? As it was booked prior to starting your job. And if not you are still entitled to days off like everyone else. Good luck :-)

No because he said i have a 3 month probationary period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebook it dude. This is the quickest way to make a bad impression.
Reply 6
Original post by SnooFnoo
Rebook it dude. This is the quickest way to make a bad impression.

I really REALLY want to drive though :frown:. What if i say i will come into work normal time (9:00) and leave early (at 11:45), take 2-2.5 hours off and then come to work at 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
I really REALLY want to drive though :frown:. What if i say i will come into work normal time (9:00) and leave early (at 11:45), take 2-2.5 hours off and then come to work at 2.
I'm

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really not a good idea if this is a job you want long term. If this is just a temporary job then go for it

plus you won't be able to drive if you have no money lol
Reply 8
Of course another option is to fake being ill?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
Of course another option is to fake being ill?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol after being there not even a week? Bye bye job! Dude seriously just rebook. It's only driving.
Reply 10
Lol after being there not even a week? Bye bye job! Dude seriously just rebook. It's only driving.

But if i rebook then i would be I'm the same situation in a months time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Plus it's an apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to him and say "can I book a day off for a months time please to do my driving test"

Wanting a day off with little notice and in your first week is unprofessional and unreasonable.
Reply 13
Talk to him and say "can I book a day off for a months time please to do my driving test"

Wanting a day off with little notice and in your first week is unprofessional and unreasonable.

I've sorted it now. I luckily rebooked my test for this weekend!!! So lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
I've sorted it now. I luckily rebooked my test for this weekend!!! So lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. Good luck!
Reply 15
That's good. Good luck!

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending