The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Changing course! help!

Hi everyone,
I applied to the uni of Edinburgh for Biomedical Science. I haven't received any offer yet but I'm positive I will get one. The problem is, I think I want to change my course to engineering. Is is possible? I tried to contact them but I didn't get any answer. Do people usually change courses at the beginning of the academic year? Is it easy to do so?
I don't know where to start!
Thanks!
Original post by Jul06
Hi everyone,
I applied to the uni of Edinburgh for Biomedical Science. I haven't received any offer yet but I'm positive I will get one. The problem is, I think I want to change my course to engineering. Is is possible? I tried to contact them but I didn't get any answer. Do people usually change courses at the beginning of the academic year? Is it easy to do so?
Thanks!

Once you're in, the rule of thumb is they want to keep you. It's possible, but you'll have a lot of work to do during Freshers' Week to make sure everything is in place for you studying Engineering.
Have you emailed the engineering school asking if it's possible for you to switch?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Jul06
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hey :biggrin:

Even I'd applied for Computer Sciences (BSc), but I got it changed to BEng without any troubles. (I did it after I got my conditional for BSc course, though I don't think it matters much)
Just mail the engineering application department.
Reply 3
Did you have to have the right entry req?
Original post by yukisah
Did you have to have the right entry req?

This thread is three years old. The OP is no longer active.

You will need to be close to the entry requirement to transfer, yes.
Reply 5
Oh wow I didn’t even notice how old it was just in panic mode at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending