The Student Room Group

State Street London Summer Internship.

Posted in the wrong forum before! Sorry!

Did anyone else applied for state street's summer internship. I have second round telephone interview and I don't know what to expect.

Has anyone received any offers so far? Also, how many rounds is the whole thing.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you so much!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No news, they told me that they will call by end of may
Reply 2
Original post by BCN
No news, they told me that they will call by end of may

What Division?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by KDOnline
They will get back to you. Just have to be patient and wait. I applied in November, I had my phone interview in Jan. had my second interview a month ago. I was emailed a few days ago that I have been put forward for final interview. Details to follow soon.

I would not call, I would email instead as everything is outsourced to India. cost a lot to call.

What Division?

Global advisors
Everyone should be contacted soon regarding an interview.

They told me that they want the face to face interview to be done before 10th May. I have my interview this Friday 1st May.

Quite worried as not enough time to prepare, but I have exams the following couple of weeks.

They put me in SSGA - Institutional Clients Group Department. I have limited research on what this department does.

Can anyone help?
Reply 5
I'm studying Economics in Barcelona, anyone else from outside uk?
Yeah, that's what I first did. But I really want to know what they do!

Oh well!

And they called me today, to arrange an interview. And I go to SOAS University of London. What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by jordan6278
where would you stay in London? would you come over just for an interview?

probably haha, I'm quite busy
Reply 8
News? Has anyone had an interview?
Reply 9
Has anyone received an offer yet or been told when they will receive the outcome for the final interview ?
Reply 10
Absolutely ridiculous, was told that I got through to the final round only for them to call me to say that I have not progressed, such an incompetent HR and am glad to have accepted another offer from another firm!
Reply 11
Original post by BCN
Global advisors

Have you had any feedback yet or an offer ?
Reply 12
Original post by sakibahmad
Yeah, that's what I first did. But I really want to know what they do!

Oh well!

And they called me today, to arrange an interview. And I go to SOAS University of London. What about you?

have you had any feedback yet ? I also interviewed for SSGA
Original post by oahmed93
have you had any feedback yet ? I also interviewed for SSGA

nope not yet, have you? What department did you get interviewed for?

I was told that it we will find out by the end of the month - so next week we shall find out hopefully!
Reply 14
nope not yet, have you? What department did you get interviewed for?

I was told that it we will find out by the end of the month - so next week we shall find out hopefully!

No same over here. Yeah I assume it will be next week or so then. I got interviewed for Client Admin. But speaking to last year's SSGA intern he told me get to rotate around both floors.

Did you remember who interviewed you ? and did you have to do a presentation ?
Reply 15
Original post by oahmed93
Have you had any feedback yet or an offer ?

They called me yesterday. I didn't progress.
Good luck
Reply 16
Original post by BCN
They called me yesterday. I didn't progress.
Good luck

Ah unlucky man. I think you did well to get to the final stage though. How did you feel the interview went ? Did they tell you why you didn't get through ? like give feedback ?
Hi Guys,

I have just got my offer for State Street.

If anyone else gets an offer please do get in touch, it will be nice to know some people abit more before joining in the summer.

Also, to those who didn't get in - unlucky, I know what it feels like to not get an offer, just keep trying hard and eventually good things happen. And also, don't hesitate to contact me too, find me on linked Muhammad Sakib Ahmad (SOAS Economics Student) - I'll be more than happy to help or just get to know more people who want to get into the industry.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 18
Hi Guys,

If anyone else gets an offer please do get in touch, it will be nice to know some people abit more before joining in the summer.

Also, to those who didn't get in - unlucky, I know what it feels like to not get an offer, just keep trying hard and eventually good things happen. And also, don't hesitate to contact me too, find me on linked Muhammad Sakib Ahmad (SOAS Economics Student) - I'll be more than happy to help or just get to know more people who want to get into the industry.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Guys,

Good luck everyone!

Nice one! Congrats mate. Did they call you or just sent an email?

I'm waiting. I don't know because I haven't received a rejection email or phone call or nothing.
Original post by KDOnline
Nice one! Congrats mate. Did they call you or just sent an email?

I'm waiting. I don't know because I haven't received a rejection email or phone call or nothing.

Thank you!

And they will call. They called me a few times last week just to wait, but only because I have been emailing HR. Try to email them and see when they will contact you. But I'm certain everyone will be contacted this week sometime.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending